watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris David

Started by jimmyc19, May 07, 2016, 06:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

No thanks. Already got Cairney who I'd be desperate to see playing the #10 Role consistently next season. If we want another, go in for Alex Pritchard or Nick Powell on Loan.

Even then, if we want another permanent one I'd want Zach Clough.

b+w geezer

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on May 08, 2016, 02:59:56 AM
No thanks. Already got Cairney who I'd be desperate to see playing the #10 Role consistently next season. If we want another, go in for Alex Pritchard or Nick Powell on Loan.
But those two things don't go together, do they. You talk of a role for Cairney to play regularly and that makes sense. But Pritchard and Powell  would expect to play regularly. In which case we are doubling up on that role at (by divisional standards) top quality and expense. With Financial Fair Play we need to be more cunning  in our recruitment, concentrating resources on where we are lacking as opposed to relatively well served. And finance apart, we need the best mix as opposed to most talented 11.

A Pritchard/Powell calibre pacy winger who can cross properly -- that's more like it!

As someone expected to be a regular, Cairney will need a reserve in similar style, but his rewards and expectations on arrival will need to be those of a reserve.

MJG

Was best passer in squad at the time. I really like him and would have a lot to offer in championship.

Holders

If I remember rightly he was a Jol acquisition who left under Magath. Personally, I'd love to see him back but, if the rumour is true that it's even on the cards (and whether or not he does come back), it's positive that players like him should see us as a more attractive proposition under SJ.

Now, Holtby is the one I'd really like to see back.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Holders on May 08, 2016, 10:31:30 AM
If I remember rightly he was a Jol acquisition who left under Magath. Personally, I'd love to see him back but, if the rumour is true that it's even on the cards (and whether or not he does come back), it's positive that players like him should see us as a more attractive proposition under SJ.
Well said - agree 100%
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bronaldinho

Would happily take him back. David loves the club and was truly gutted to leave, but I guess that was down Mad Felix.

Sadly suffered an ACL injury for Go Ahead, but did look lively when fit.

The beauty is that he can play outwide or in that number 10 role. Can imagine him on the right side of midfield linking up with Cairney. 2 very creative and good dribblers.

If he can get fit again, this should be a bargain buy.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Pluto

I'd take him back in a heartbeat if he's free/cheap - it's a gamble because of his attitude and injury history but I truly believe that he was our most naturally gifted player when he was playing for us here. He needs a manager who can get the most out of him on and off the pitch - Joka seems like the kind of guy who has that ability.

Count Flapula

He was definitely at the game as saw him stood with 2 guys near JH statue on Stevenage Road before kickoff. Not the tallest guy but looked stockier than I remember so has filled out a bit.

Definitely a talented playmaker and if he's got his attitude right / over the aforementioned ACL injury then will be an asset to this team. The last thing this squad needs is people with the wrong attitude so hopefully he is hungry to kick start his career with a point to prove as he is certainly more than talented enough for the Championship.

Hopefully doesn't mean Hyndman is a cert to go if we are looking for offensive midfielders - would be a crying shame if we can't secure Emo on a new contract.

cmg

Given his injury, I can't really believe that this was more than a social visit.
Not too keen on the 'filled out' bit .He isn't very tall, but was never a sylph-like figure.

I'm intrigued about the 'attitude' business. Apart from its constant recycling on here, is there any actual evidence of a bad attitude?
I've no problem with a confident, even cocky, player as long as it's backed up with some talent.

Bracken White

Big issues with his attitude - but for me a very good footballer. Have to see what Jokanovic's take is, if there's any truth in the rumour - but would be encouraged if he was on our books but not if he's as derisive as some advise.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

snarks

I thought it was mad felix that played him, no other manager did, hence he left, after Felix did. I really would consider it a backward step, he has not done anything since he left (before the injury) to indicate that he's good enough to make the team.

Zu-Meister

Would love him back. Wasted by Magath and Kit. He had a wonderful understanding with Mccormack, set him up numerous times when they got the rare chance of playing together.
As someone mentioned earlier there is no proof of him having an attitude problem. And watching him play he always made an effort, tracking back when needed.
Very intelligent player with great skill and vision, hope this rumour is true.
As for being similar to Cairney. Both can play a variety of positions.

Fulhamerica23

The kid has talent. If it's a free, would be a good player to have in the squad. Can never have too many players good on the ball. Sometimes the difference in a game is just a little bit more of class on the ball.

copthornemike

Technically a good player, particularly passing wise. But don't we have a number of players who fill that role already?

Unless he has improved dramatically in terms of pace and his defensive qualities I would have thought the club should have higher priorities in terms of recruitment in the midfield area.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: copthornemike on May 09, 2016, 08:26:46 PM
Technically a good player, particularly passing wise. But don't we have a number of players who fill that role already?

Unless he has improved dramatically in terms of pace and his defensive qualities I would have thought the club should have higher priorities in terms of recruitment in the midfield area.
Players with good passing? Cairney and .......