watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Patrick Roberts

Started by grandad, May 08, 2016, 05:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Scored twice for Celtic today in a 3-2 win.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Jamie88

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 08, 2016, 05:19:15 PM
Who?

Getting old now.

I like to know how one of our products is doing anyway

Buffalo76

He's better than the Scottish Premier league.

Mince n Tatties

Got no interest in the Celtiicmancity boy I'm afraid.
Should have stayed here....

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jamie88 on May 08, 2016, 05:21:31 PM
Who?

Getting old now.

You need to worry about how we are going to
turn out next season, not him. .

Twig

Jamie88

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 08, 2016, 05:28:44 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on May 08, 2016, 05:21:31 PM
Who?

Getting old now.

You need to worry about how we are going to
turn out next season, not him. .

Who said I was "worrying" about Roberts?

H4usuallysitting

How dare he be enjoying his football

bog

Another legacy of our shambolic relegation. If we had maintained our status we may have seen more of him in our shirt. Potentially our best ever yoof product since Johnny Haynes and we never really saw anything of him. 

092.gif

HatterDon

I'm pleased to see Patrick moving along. It's kind of silly to make him some sort of villain because he signed a big money contract and moved along from a club where he had no visible future. And, besides, he's one of ours.

In a related vein, I'm hoping for Brighton and Hove Albion to succeed in the playoffs. Why? Four reasons: Stockdale, Rosenior, Sidwell, and Zamora.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: HatterDon on May 08, 2016, 08:00:44 PM

In a related vein, I'm hoping for Brighton and Hove Albion to succeed in the playoffs. Why? Four reasons: Stockdale, Rosenior, Sidwell, and Zamora.
In all fairness, only Stockdale has a chance at regular football in the premier league should they go up. The other three are great additions to championship teams and bit part players if they do go up, but FairPlay to them

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on May 08, 2016, 08:00:44 PM
I'm pleased to see Patrick moving along. It's kind of silly to make him some sort of villain because he signed a big money contract and moved along from a club where he had no visible future.

Yes. But unfortunately that won't stop people from doing it.
It's been pointed out many times on here that realistically, especially post-relegation, it was not possible for us to put together a wodge of money that could sensibly compete with what the likes of Manchester City were able to offer.
Going to Celtic has been a good move in his development (in which we have a financial interest) and with the Huns climbing back aboard next season he'll have a bit more incentive to up his game  further.
For those who haven't yet seen it, this was his first goal yesterday. It hurts a bit to watch it, because it was exactly what he was doing for the u18s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66NBycUcU1Q

aaronmcguigan

If he stayed with City tho, he may well have been given a chance, look at the amount of times Pellegrini has fielded under strength teams ! Hopefully he can continue his development and 5 goals in 9 games regardless of what country is in is decent for a top flight stat

dannyboi-ffc

If you don't want to read about an ex player then scroll past. There is more relevance to football in general and a Fulham interest with a player who came through our academy then there is with things such as Jacksonville Jaguars and American Football. Like the threads in the past about people seeing a Jaguars game at Wembley and telling us. In my mind i think who bloody cares but its a forum so as I dont like that sport or subject I scroll past and dont feel im important enough to tarnish that thread because I'm not interested. Thats self centred and selfish. Anyway what has Anericam Football possibly got to do with Fulham, Khan owns them but atleast Roberts played the same sport in a fulham shirt once.

Let's not have double standards please. This forum is for everyone and the mod team are working hard to get that respect factor back.

Out of interest I don't follow Celtic. So how's he getting on? He's won the title but in all honesty the standard can't be benefitting him more than the championship would. At least this leagues competitive
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Bronaldinho

Quote from: bog on May 08, 2016, 07:02:56 PM
Another legacy of our shambolic relegation. If we had maintained our status we may have seen more of him in our shirt. Potentially our best ever yoof product since Johnny Haynes and we never really saw anything of him. 

092.gif

Money maker, £15m in the bank if he continues :)

See the positives.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

cmg

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 08, 2016, 09:27:53 PM

Out of interest I don't follow Celtic. So how's he getting on? He's won the title but in all honesty the standard can't be benefitting him more than the championship would. At least this leagues competitive

SPL Player of the Month for April.
Celtic fans are very keen on him. They want Celtic to buy him for £7m - but have been a bit gobsmacked to learn that MC may have to pay us in the region of £12m, so he is already out of their price range.
Some think he fades out of games late on - which is likely.
The overall standard is quite varied, but I'd think Celtic would be very strong in the Championship.
Despite having won five titles on the trot the fans are moaning that it's been a lousy season and are pleased to see the back of the manager who was sacked before he season ended.

J

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 08, 2016, 09:27:53 PM
If you don't want to read about an ex player then scroll past. There is more relevance to football in general and a Fulham interest with a player who came through our academy then there is with things such as Jacksonville Jaguars and American Football. Like the threads in the past about people seeing a Jaguars game at Wembley and telling us. In my mind i think who bloody cares but its a forum so as I dont like that sport or subject I scroll past and dont feel im important enough to tarnish that thread because I'm not interested. Thats self centred and selfish. Anyway what has Anericam Football possibly got to do with Fulham, Khan owns them but atleast Roberts played the same sport in a fulham shirt once.

Let's not have double standards please. This forum is for everyone and the mod team are working hard to get that respect factor back.

Irrespective of the standards he is getting the chance to learn a different side of the game to what he would have here - the expectation to win every game and the pressure that comes with that. As a team/club Celtic should be winning the league, but that doesn't guarantee him a place in their side. So there are parralels to what he will need to do to be a success at City. He actually missed a sitter in in the game against rangers who knocked Celtic out the cup... So it was a good test to see how he responded and as far as I have seen he has overcome that hurdle.

Whilst he is still young and developing its probably a good move imo. Also there is the possibility of champions league football if they get through qualifiers.