watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Final Championship table compared to previous 14 years

Started by MJG, May 09, 2016, 08:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

This years championship table pretty much hit the average of the last 14 years put together.
Whenever targets are set for relegation or promotion these figures are never that far out.

Lighthouse

So as a rough unscientific aim for next season.  50 points to avoid relegation, 75 for the play offs and 90 for promotion.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 09, 2016, 09:51:00 AM
So as a rough unscientific aim for next season.  50 points to avoid relegation, 75 for the play offs and 90 for promotion.
That's about it really.

6th place over last 15 years has been the following:

78-1
75-5
74-3
73-2
72-1
70-2
68-1

toshes mate

As a rule of thumb a championship chasing side will average around 2 points per game played, meaning that any single defeat must be overcome with two consecutive victories.  Play off place sides will need to have an average of 1.75 points per game meaning any defeat must be followed by a win-draw-win sequence.  Fulham's failure 2015/16 was too many defeats at home, and failing to capitalise on winning positions, which has been a problem since Roy Hodgson departed. 

I just have this feeling we are going to see a real change in style after the summer with better midfield security and more settled first team selections.  Automatic promotion is not beyond the Club's grasp if they get away to a good start.

MJG

I always thin the table is pretty much set after 15 games. Teams dont deviate much up or down from then on in.

The top six that finished the season filled 1-6 at these points during the season.

10 games-4 of them
15 games-5 of them
20 games-5 of them
25 games -5 of them
30 games - 6 of them
35 games -5 of them
40 games - 6 of them

Riversider

So we need to win eight more games next season than we did this, not impossible is it considering how poor this season was,
Brighton started this season with the same objective and they bettered it.

dannyboi-ffc

Next season is a new one and anything is possible. As already mentioned look at Brighton.  Look at Leicester for that matter. Look at us under Hodgson, 7th and a record high after just about surviving.

With the right recruitment and a good start anything can happen.  But every club will be thinking this, it's a big summer for Jokanovic. I believe in him and I hope we're not let down.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

Quote from: MJG on May 09, 2016, 10:16:12 AM
I always thin the table is pretty much set after 15 games. Teams dont deviate much up or down from then on in.

The top six that finished the season filled 1-6 at these points during the season.

10 games-4 of them
15 games-5 of them
20 games-5 of them
25 games -5 of them
30 games - 6 of them
35 games -5 of them
40 games - 6 of them

Interesting, it means that our team for next season needs to be established and ready to go for the first match. Leaving critical signings to late in the transfer window means we start the season slowly and are therefore carry a handicap in the top six race.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: filham on May 09, 2016, 11:09:10 AM
Quote from: MJG on May 09, 2016, 10:16:12 AM

10 games-4 of them
15 games-5 of them
20 games-5 of them
25 games -5 of them
30 games - 6 of them
35 games -5 of them
40 games - 6 of them

Interesting, it means that our team for next season needs to be established and ready to go for the first match. Leaving critical signings to late in the transfer window means we start the season slowly and are therefore carry a handicap in the top six race.

Spot on!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Riversider on May 09, 2016, 10:24:08 AM
So we need to win eight more games next season than we did this, not impossible is it considering how poor this season was,
Brighton started this season with the same objective and they bettered it.

When you say it like that it makes the whole shambles of a season even more of a crying shame, we can all easily think of 8 games that were lost that wouldn't of taken much to win.

That will be my last negative post about the season just gone and my aim is to only think positive thoughts from now on.
I hope we all have plenty of reasons to be cheerful.