Fulham could lose McCormack for £12m

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, May 10, 2016, 05:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: fulhamben on May 11, 2016, 11:40:57 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 11, 2016, 11:36:55 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 11, 2016, 11:24:14 AM
Quote from: filham on May 11, 2016, 11:13:05 AM
Teegraph also reporting that McCormac will be on the move this summer because of his £12m escape clause.
assuming
With Dembele and Parker also probably moving out that really only leaves Cairney  from the present squad capable of forming a part of a promotion chasing team.

Wow, we need ten new players. Even if we have the money just can't see us finding ten quality players willing to come here . Also we are not going to bring in that many players without signing one or two failures. Think of last summer and the signings of Richards, Stearman and Pringle.

and this was point on the other thread. Even if Ross stays can you see us getting 9 Alrhough I don't think we need that many. I'd keep Betts and Fredericks and grimmer for rb

. . . and we have Madl. And Tunnicliffe can do a job. And we might hope that George Williams comes through to fulfill his promise after his injury.

We won't need nine, at least not immediately.
Madl isn't ours is he?

According to some we have the option.

fulhamben

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 11, 2016, 11:42:13 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 11, 2016, 11:40:57 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 11, 2016, 11:36:55 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 11, 2016, 11:24:14 AM
Quote from: filham on May 11, 2016, 11:13:05 AM
Teegraph also reporting that McCormac will be on the move this summer because of his £12m escape clause.
assuming
With Dembele and Parker also probably moving out that really only leaves Cairney  from the present squad capable of forming a part of a promotion chasing team.

Wow, we need ten new players. Even if we have the money just can't see us finding ten quality players willing to come here . Also we are not going to bring in that many players without signing one or two failures. Think of last summer and the signings of Richards, Stearman and Pringle.

and this was point on the other thread. Even if Ross stays can you see us getting 9 Alrhough I don't think we need that many. I'd keep Betts and Fredericks and grimmer for rb

. . . and we have Madl. And Tunnicliffe can do a job. And we might hope that George Williams comes through to fulfill his promise after his injury.

We won't need nine, at least not immediately.
Madl isn't ours is he?

According to some we have the option.
still would come under a player we would have to buy though. Hope the option is there though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bill2

It is not only if he will go for 12 mill but also if anyone will pay his wages. I can't see Norwich going for him they have quite a young side and as for Villa, they are in the same sort of shape we are in that they need a lot of players. Also they are looking to get rid of a lot of older players so will they want another one.

I like Ross he works hard and is passionate plus he scores goals. If he stays great, if he goes it is no good going on about getting two or three players with the money as unless we can play them all and they will score more than ten goals each a season we are worse off.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I think we should ignore the Villa and Norwich connections as they seem two of the least likely clubs to come in for Ross. That bit seems to be a bit of journalistic invention.

The more general point is that there may be a buy-out clause and that there will be promoted and relegated clubs looking for a goalscorer.

One suggestion was that Rangers, the club he played for in his youth, might be interested.

clarkey

Definitely worth selling him for that...but trouble is the £12m would be spent badly. The words Lawrie and Sanchez come to mind. The real concern is Leicester-OK squad made better by great coaching and a set playing style. Fulham decent enough squad made worse by no consistent playing style and very poor coaching. We have some of the worst set pieces in the League-what about that first half short corner last weekend....just laughable. And defence..what defence.

The whole point is that even if we bought well, we don't have the intelligence to mould those players into a decent team. Look at the line up on Saturday-it was a real hotchpotch.In three months no progress at all.

cmg

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 11, 2016, 12:43:21 PM

One suggestion was that Rangers, the club he played for in his youth, might be interested.

I'd be surprised if they were interested at that kind of money, though.

I think the £12m they paid for Flo 15 years ago is still the all-time Scottish record shell out.

bill taylors apprentice

On another post I predicted this scenario, not because I can look into the future but because I just have a feeling all the pieces are falling into place for his exit.

We are struggling and our best player is ambitious for better things (financially and team wise) so when other teams show an interest we make him an offer to stay until the end of the season.

A new contracts drawn up, we sweeten it with another pay rise and a promise to let him go if the fees acceptable and everyone happy ish!

I'm convinced this will happen, what I'm not sure of is whether this will benefit the team or not?
If there's anything other than a sound mutual respect between the McCormack and the head coach we should cash in and start a fresh.