watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker has signed a new one year contract

Started by fulhamben, May 11, 2016, 04:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Signing off, what a great topic to start the great rebuild of FFC, NOT!! This is all a joke isn't it?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rubbernecca

This not great news.  It shows the desperation of the club to have some sort of leadership and a modicum of positive continuity.

Parker may show leadership in the dressing room but not on the field. We need a field marshal not a dad!

St Eve

Strange really. Danny Murphy was shown the door because he was too old (yes i know and wages and a 2 year term) and now we re sign Parker who is no Danny

fulhamben

Quote from: St Eve on May 12, 2016, 04:24:58 PM
Strange really. Danny Murphy was shown the door because he was too old (yes i know and wages and a 2 year term) and now we re sign Parker who is no Danny
Danny was to old. Hence he barely played in the Championship.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on May 12, 2016, 04:52:31 PM
we all love murphy for obvious reasons but comparing the two objectively in their prime, danny was certainly no better than parker. Just compare the transfer fees paid for them (£10m v £2m, even when murphy was in his prime) and england caps, for example
Murphy aged better though

sunburywhite

Quote from: fulhamben on May 12, 2016, 05:16:18 PM
we all love murphy for obvious reasons but comparing the two objectively in their prime, danny was certainly no better than parker. Just compare the transfer fees paid for them (£10m v £2m, even when murphy was in his prime) and england caps, for example

Look back at all the posts who said his legs were gone
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

fulhamben

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 12, 2016, 05:33:10 PM

has Parker ever had legs?

fcfulham55

Another year older, even more likely to get injured. But an ideal player to motivate the players to, possibly get us out of another dogfight next season.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

MikeW

Danny aged better? Not in the hair dept!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MJG

also if you saw any of his Blackburn apperences that was apparent anyway.

Berserker

Quote from: MikeW on May 12, 2016, 06:04:31 PM
Danny aged better? Not in the hair dept!
Ah but he never seemed to have a great deal

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SW6

fulhamben

Tonywa

[/quote]also if you saw any of his Blackburn apperences that was apparent anyway.
[/quote]

Indeed.  A friend who used to live in Stockport and supported Blackburn said that Danny was embarrassingly over the hill by the time he joined Blackburn and was at a total loss to explain all my praise for him while he was at the Cottage. We let him go at exactly the right time IMHO.

love4ffc

Big difference between Murphy and Parker is where the club is now verse then and who the manager was then verse now.  Felix was in charge then and wanted to use youth.  I also doubt that Felix wanted anyone else motivating or telling players what to do other than himself.  I'd be willing to bet if Murphy was here now and in Parker's shoes he would be getting the same kind of deal.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MJG

Quote from: love4ffc on May 13, 2016, 04:29:34 PM
Big difference between Murphy and Parker is where the club is now verse then and who the manager was then verse now.  Felix was in charge then and wanted to use youth.  I also doubt that Felix wanted anyone else motivating or telling players what to do other than himself.  I'd be willing to bet if Murphy was here now and in Parker's shoes he would be getting the same kind of deal.   
Murphy left before Felix came along

mikestrand

Can't see the point of keeping a player who can only give 100% for one game a week, it just breeds inconsistency.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 13, 2016, 05:33:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 12, 2016, 05:35:28 PM

has Parker ever had legs?

Yes he most certainly has, and Matt Smith also, it's just that Matts legs are a little longer. ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
did he leave them at white Hart Lane?