Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 19, 2016, 01:54:11 PM
Quote from: Burt on May 19, 2016, 01:51:23 PM
CJ

"I didn't get to where I am today...."

:dft011:

In answer to a knock on his door.

1,2,3,4 Keep them waiting at the door,5,6,7,8 it always pays to make them wait. COME.

I used to use that at work.

The other one I liked was

Reggie: "CJ, I've been thinking"
CJ: "Careful Reggie, I didn't get where I am today by thinking"
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bog

So good to recall some of these shows. Round the Horn and Beyond Our Ken both fronted by Kenneth Horne. 'I am Julian and this is my friend Sam' (Kenneth Williams and Bill Pertwee) Brilliant, how they got away with a lot of the material on the wireless.

092.gif

Holders

Quote from: bog on May 19, 2016, 08:58:29 PM
So good to recall some of these shows. Round the Horn and Beyond Our Ken both fronted by Kenneth Horne. 'I am Julian and this is my friend Sam' (Kenneth Williams and Bill Pertwee) Brilliant, how they got away with a lot of the material on the wireless.

092.gif

Julian and Sandy.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Barrett487

Quote from: Holders on May 19, 2016, 09:47:50 PM

092.gif

Julian and Sandy.

Sorry to also be pedantic Bog, but it was Kenneth Williams and Hugh Paddick who played Jules & Sandy. Absolute experts at the art of innuendo. Round the Horne co-written by Marty Feldman i seem to recall.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 19, 2016, 11:39:16 PM
Quote from: Holders on May 19, 2016, 09:47:50 PM

092.gif

Julian and Sandy.

Sorry to also be pedantic Bog, but it was Kenneth Williams and Hugh Paddick who played Jules & Sandy. Absolute experts at the art of innuendo. Round the Horne co-written by Marty Feldman i seem to recall.

As an arthritic side stumble, Pertwee played many characters in Round The Horne. Including Seamus Android who was supposed to be a reporter like Eamon Andrews. Pertwee was in Beyond our Ken the fore runner to Round The Horne.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Forever Fulham

Don Knotts, "The Andy Griffith Show"

colinwhite

Reggies brother in-law " Im not really  a  people (or whatever) person " .  A phrase coined then and still used by many !

Beamer

Quote from: colinwhite on May 20, 2016, 07:21:48 AM
Reggies brother in-law " Im not really  a  people (or whatever) person " .  A phrase coined then and still used by many !

I just loved his arrival at the Perrin house with the regular opener of 'Sorry about this, bit of a cock-up in the catering department'.

bog

Thanks to those who pointed out my aged memory problems! Yes Julian and Sandy and Hugh Paddick. If anyone gets to read the book Kenneth William's Diaries then you will  not be disappointed. I do recommend this. 

092.gif