more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (19/05/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 19, 2016, 07:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Woodrow: Great Honour

Cauley Woodrow is keen to end a frustrating season on a positive note at the Toulon Tournament with England.

A metatarsal injury suffered in January limited the 21-year-old's appearances for Fulham in 2015/16, but he's pleased that Gareth Southgate and his selectors still have plenty of confidence in him.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Woodrow said: "I hadn't really played a lot since I came back from injury but every time I've gone away with England I've tried to do the best I can, and it's nice that they've realised that and called me up again.

"My first call-up was back in 2014 after I'd made my debut for Fulham and I've been in pretty much every squad since then. I missed out on a few, I obviously missed the Euros, but I definitely feel part of the group. It's great to go away and represent your country."

The striker's first taste of international football at this level was at the very same tournament two years ago.

He was the youngest player in the squad then, but his two goals saw him end the competition as England's top scorer as they finished fourth.

"It was good," Woodrow recalled. "I went away and did quite well and managed to play a few games, so it was a good tournament and I'm looking forward to going again.

"We're playing teams from all across the world this summer. We played against Portugal in the Third Place Play Off two years ago and they're a talented group. It will be good to play against them again."

A glance at the squad list and it appears that Woodrow is the only out-and-out striker in the travelling party.

But with the likes of Nathan Redmond, Duncan Watmore and Jack Grealish all involved, he's sure the Young Lions won't have any problems going forward.

"There's loads of creative players and guys with lots of talent who can chip in with goals," he stated. "It doesn't just have to be the strikers.

"A couple of the other lads were involved in the Play-Offs, people like Chuba Akpom and James Wilson still had games to play, so that's probably the reason why they're not on that list as well.

"Like I said before, it's always great to get called up for your country. It's a great honour and you just can't wait to get there and see the lads again.

"A lot of us have known each other now for quite a few years so we've built good relationships. A lot of us are good friends, not just on the pitch but off it as well."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/may/18/cauley-woodrow-great-honour?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic insists there will be a mass clearout at the Cottage

"We need to rebuild the team. It's not about one or two players. It's not about one or two positions. We need to change everything" says Whites gaffer

Changes: Slavisa Jokanovic

Fulham are set for a summer of revolution as Slavisa Jokanovic puts his stamp on things at Craven Cottage.

The Whites finished just two places above the bottom three in their second season in the Championship following their relegation from the Premier League in 2014.

And the gaffer insists the club is in need of a rebuild as he looks to take them back up into the Premier League.

Joka said: "We need to rebuild the team. It's not about one or two players. It's not about one or two positions.

"We need to change everything. We need to start working with more ambition in the games, training and office.

"We have to show ambition in the transfer market. We (finished 20th) in the Championship – I have had a chance to understand the club and how big the support is.

"It's important people support us. I spend these months understanding what I have in my hand and what is in front of us.

" After the Brentford game, (see above) I said the honeymoon is over. Next season is my season, and next season they're going to expect this team at a different level and expect Fulham fighting at the top of the table.

"Fans will be wondering 'Are you going to this or lose the job?' I am very motivated and thinking about important targets. This is what is front of us."

Fulham's defence has been a disaster for the second successive season and Jokanovic believes the back four have often been confused as they shipped 79 goals - the third worst in the division.

He added: "I think we make unnecessary mistakes. We've conceded 13 penalties – the next team has conceded four.

"We've conceded 35 goals from set pieces and the next team has 20 and teams at the top have conceded six.

"It's difficult to be competitive with this number. I haven't yet fixed this problem in these four months.

"It puts us in situations where we're really confused in many games we have the same situation and one penalty or set-piece – we're two goals down. This is the situation we find ourselves in."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-insists-11349066?

WhiteJC

Fulham in Tomlin Chase

According to one leading tabloid this nation produces, Fulham are, with the transfer embargo now lifted, pursuing the acquisition of some players that it is hoped will help us to launch a promotion push next season.

The Sun, today, is carrying the suggestion that Slavisa Jokanovic is looking at bringing the Bournemouth player Lee Tomlin to Craven Cottage.

The 27-year-old has featured sparingly for Bournemouth this season, making just six appearances.

However, that hasn`t stopped a price-tag of £3 million being placed on his head and it also appears that Fulham have rivals for his signature with our source inferring that Newcastle United (relegated from the Premier League) and Bristol City are both keen to secure Tomlin`s services.

But what is the opinion of the Vital Fulham membership, is Tomlin the type of player you feel can add something to a squad that was seriously lacking last season?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=447202#ixzz4959mm17g

WhiteJC

Stekelenburg To Join Saints On Permanent Basis.

Saints seem set to sign on loan keeper Maarten Stekelenburg on a permanent deal once his season long loan from Fulham ends in the next weeks.

Maarten Stekelenburg seems set to join Saints on a permanent deal according to latest media reports.

The Sun is reporting that Saints will look to sign the Dutch keeper as back up to Fraser Forster for next season, Stekelenburg has one more year of his contract at Fulham left and is believed to be on a fairly high salary that the London club can ill afford to pay.

That could mean that Saints would pay no or a fairly low fee for his services with the Sun suggesting that it could be around £2 million, an amount that has Fulham fans on the net rubbing their hands with glee.

With Kelvin Davis retiring that would leave only Paulo Gazzaniga as back up to Forster and it seems that Saints will probably look to put Gazzaniga, who himself signed a new deal earlier in this season out on loan to continue to gain experience whilst using Stekelenburg in the back up role he performed in the second half of the season after Forster's return from injury.

Although this is not a signing that will excite Saints fans, Stekelenburg is probably as high a standard of keeper that Saints would be able to get for a role that injuries aside will be purely that of sitting on the bench with the odd Cup game.

In his loan with Saints the Dutch keeper made 17 Premier League appearances for Saints and was a competent if unspectacular glovesman, whilst he seemed to never pull off any really spectacular saves, it as to be said that in the main he did the basics right and didn't make too many errors either.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/42885/?

WhiteJC

Newcastle United to rival Fulham to talented Premier League playmaker

Recently relegated Newcastle United, Fulham and Bristol City are all interested in acquiring the services of Bournemouth playmaker, Lee Tomlin, according to The Sun.

The former Peterborough midfielder has struggled to make an impact on the south coast and with Tomlin being reprimanded twice for his behaviour on social media.

Eddie Howe is to host a number of meetings in the summer to determine the future of Bournemouth's fringe players, and with the relationship between Tomlin and Eddie Howe reportedly strained, Tomlin may be set to leave in the summer.

Lee Tomlin spent the second half of the season on loan at Bristol City which coincided with the Bristolian club's revival, Lee Johnson has admitted that he would like Tomlin to return to Ashton Gate but the Robins face serious competition.

As Rafa Benitez looks to mastermind Newcastle's immediate return to the Premier League, one player that he feels could have a big impact is Lee Tomlin.

A lack of creativity in the central of the park has been apparent and Lee Tomlin would fit the bill perfectly.

Fulham are the other side that in signing the playmaker with Fulham's transfer embargo being lifted, Slavisa Jokanovic is set to be given significant funds to spend in the summer with Lee Tomlin a proposed target.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/newcastle-united-to-rival-fulham-to-talented-premier-league-playmaker/?

WhiteJC

Former Fulham boss registers interest in Charlton vacancy

Kit Symons has registered an interest in the Charlton job - but it is not yet clear if the former Fulham boss is a serious contender for the vacancy.

The South London Press has been told that the 45-year-old, whose first managerial role came as a caretaker at Crystal Palace in 2003, has made contact with the Addicks.

Symons has been out of work since being sacked by Fulham in November 2015.

He took over at Craven Cottage after Felix Magath was axed in October 2014 and a decent return of points saw owner Shad Khan make his temporary stint into a full-time position.

But after that the form that Fulham showed was patchy and he left with a win percentage of 34.4.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118009