watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New laws coming in

Started by epsomraver, May 24, 2016, 10:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Not sure if this has been posted before as i don't come on here much these days, stand out is the removal of the automatic red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36256441

Lighthouse

Have to admit and say I thought some were already laws. The fact a player who is injured in a tackle no longer has to go off IF the tackler is sent off opens up a whole lot of dubious play acting possibilities. The feinting while about to take penalty is not allowed and is unsportsmanlike behavior but is fine in the run up is confusing.

Still in the end we just need common sense refereeing. God help us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

An automatic red for diving in the box would be a fine thing.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham1959

Quote from: Holders on May 24, 2016, 11:23:35 AM

Except that 'diving' is frequently a matter of subjective assessment.  If a player goes down in a routine tackle (outside the box), but which is deemed fair (i.e. not a foul), he has not necessarily 'dived'.  Players are often knocked off their feet during a tackle.  It's a natural process, not a dive, and the same reasoning should be applied in the penalty area.  I do acknowledge, of course, that 'diving' does frequently happen.

But, as for shirt-pulling . . . I detest it and would yellow-card every instance until it is stamped out.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 24, 2016, 01:18:54 PM

Except that 'diving' is frequently a matter of subjective assessment.  If a player goes down in a routine tackle (outside the box), but which is deemed fair (i.e. not a foul), he has not necessarily 'dived'.  Players are often knocked off their feet during a tackle.  It's a natural process, not a dive, and the same reasoning should be applied in the penalty area.  I do acknowledge, of course, that 'diving' does frequently happen.

But, as for shirt-pulling . . . I detest it and would yellow-card every instance until it is stamped out.
Id love to see them bring in a rule where you have to appeal to the ref for a pen if you go down. I've seen lots of strikers get booked for slipping/failing down, who didn't appeal for a pen in the first place. Plus it would make it easier to punish a player who has dived through video refs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on May 24, 2016, 01:41:49 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on May 24, 2016, 01:18:54 PM

Id love to see them bring in a rule where you have to appeal to the ref for a pen if you go down. I've seen lots of strikers get booked for slipping/failing down, who didn't appeal for a pen in the first place. Plus it would make it easier to punish a player who has dived through video refs

I think appealing would just encourage diving. It's as if "look at me, I've been fouled". I'd give a yellow for appealing.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Burt

Law 1 - the field of play
- Logos permitted on corner flags (previously banned).
- Mix of artificial and natural surfaces allowed on field of play (previously banned).

Law 3 - the players
- If a substitute, sent-off player or match official interferes with play, causing the game to be stopped, it will result in a direct free-kick or penalty (previously indirect free-kick or drop-ball).
- If a substitute, team official or outside agent stops a ball going into the goal, the referee can apply the advantage rule and award a goal.

Law 4 - the players' equipment
- Players wearing undershorts or tights have to make sure they are the same colour as those worn by any team-mates - and they must also match their shorts.
- A player leaving the field of play to change their boots can only be allowed back on by the referee.

Law 5 - the referee
- Referees have the authority to take action from when they enter the field of play for the pre-match inspection, not from the start of the game - which means players could be sent off for an offence committed while warming up. But yellow cards can only be issued from the start of the match.
- Players injured by opponents who are then sent off do not need to leave the pitch for treatment.

Law 7 - duration of the match
- Time taken for drinks breaks can now officially be added on at the end of a game.

Law 8 - the start and restart of play
- The ball no longer has to move forward at a kick-off - it just has to move for the game to start.
- Referees should not 'manufacture' dropped ball situations, in terms of who takes them, or the outcome.

Law 10 - Determining the outcome of a match
- Deciding which end a penalty shootout should take place is to be done by a coin-toss, subject to condition of the pitch, or safety concerns. It is no longer the referee's choice.
- A team with more players than the other when the shootout starts must reduce the number of takers so they have the same number of eligible players - this will stop teams who have had a player sent off having their better penalty takers available sooner.

Law 11 - offside
- Hands and arms are not included when judging offside.
- Free-kicks for offside can be taken from where the offside player received the ball.

Law 12 - fouls and misconduct
- Indirect free-kicks used to be awarded when restarting games following offences against match officials. But lawmakers thought this sent out the wrong message, so they have upped it to a direct free-kick
- A free-kick or penalty can only be awarded while the ball is in play.
- Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity in the penalty area is no longer a straight red card - unless the offence is holding, pulling or pushing; there's no attempt to play or no possibility of making a challenge; or it's an offence which is punishable by a red card, no matter where on the pitch it happens - violent conduct, for example.
- Violent conduct is punishable by a red card even if no contact is made.
- An offence against a match official will result in a direct free-kick or penalty.

Law 13 - free-kicks
- When fouls are committed off the pitch when the ball is in play, the match is restarted with a free-kick on the touchline nearest where the incident occurred. A direct free-kick will be awarded for direct free-kick offences - and a penalty could be awarded if it happens parallel to the penalty area.

Law 14 - the penalty kick
- Players who feint to kick the ball once they have taken a run-up when taking a penalty will get booked for unsporting behaviour. Feinting in the run-up is allowed. And goalkeepers who come off their line too early will also be booked.

Law 15 - the throw-in
- Opposing players who try to impede a throw-in will be cautioned if they are standing under two metres away.

Law 17 - the corner kick
- The wording has been changed in the laws to say: "The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves." This is to stop players "unsportingly" touching the ball and pretending the corner has not been taken, to gain an advantage.

Burt

Law 14 - surprised they didn't put anything in there to stop the sort of thing Barca did recently when the penalty taker passed the ball to Suarez, who scored. Should be one shot at goal, full stop.

F(f)CUK

The changes described in the cup final commentary i.e. not going off if injured and the opponent is booked or sent off and not necessarily getting a straight red for a reasonable attempt to get the ball as the last man, are both long awaited and make huge sense.Just think how many goalkeepers will now remain on the pitch.  Always made no sense to me that a slight finger tip on the ball but bringing a player down was not a sending off offence but not managing to get a finger tip to the ball was a straight red.

F(f)CUK

- Referees should not 'manufacture' dropped ball situations, in terms of who takes them, or the outcome.

Does that mean we will actually see contested drop balls - cannot see that working

Arthur

Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 24, 2016, 02:44:22 PM

Does that mean we will actually see contested drop balls - cannot see that working

Why do you not see a contested drop ball working? It worked 'back-in-the-day'.

As the law doesn't appear to prevent players from manufacturing the outcome, I anticipate that most drop-ball situations will still be resolved in the manner to which we are now accustomed.

Bill2

Does the cage to Law 12 mean that if someone handles the ball (not the keeper) a penalty will be awarded but the person will not be sent off?

This in my mind is a godsend to players as they can stop a guaranteed goal and still say on the pitch and hope the keeper makes a save. Cannot agree with this. 096.gig

F(f)CUK

Quote from: Bill2 on May 24, 2016, 05:32:51 PM
Does the cage to Law 12 mean that if someone handles the ball (not the keeper) a penalty will be awarded but the person will not be sent off?

This in my mind is a godsend to players as they can stop a guaranteed goal and still say on the pitch and hope the keeper makes a save. Cannot agree with this. 096.gig
I take it to mean that this is covered by no attempt to play the ball and would result in a sending off.

Btw my comment about drop balls was partially tongue firmly in cheek.