News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

He joined after promotion, left before our Europa journey but......

Started by dannyboi-ffc, May 22, 2016, 10:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

......were any of the players in those squads more fulhamish and loveable than Brian McBride?

I know some people will disagree but when I think of McBride the likes of Murphy, Gera and Schwarzer just don't mean as much to me. I think the only player I warmed to like that was Hangeland but there was only one Brian McBride!

I've been going since 94 and although Morgan is up there I was too young to appreciate him at the time. McBride for me was the full fulhamish package, something some top players will never understand
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Lighthouse

As well as coming over as a really genuine bloke who just loved the game. He was a throw back to the good old days of proper bustling centre forwards. There was never any doubt that however the game was going he would give a hundred per cent and leave everything on the pitch including parts of his scalp at times.

I don't like listing favourite players because it often changes over time. But it was great to watch a player who you just knew was actually enjoying himself on the pitch. Brave and dare I say it. A proper centre forward.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

So what does it take for that status? Probably guts on the pitch, long service, not bad mouthing the club and its players but most of all an affiliation with the fans.

toshes mate

Brian McBride was your typical bullish centre forward, a player who sometimes remided me of Bobby Smith in his prime, McBride could be deceptively quick at times, and although his goal to game ratio wasn't anywhere near as good as Smith's 66% he still managed better than one in four overall and one in three at International level.  However as strikers go I still adore my memories of Gordon 'Ivor' Davies who managed a ratio of forty percent, was very 'fulhamish' and never gave less than his best.  I also loved Bedford Jezzard but sadly his Fulham career was nearly over by the time I started regular attendance - he was some player too.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Andy S on May 22, 2016, 11:47:18 AM
So what does it take for that status? Probably guts on the pitch, long service, not bad mouthing the club and its players but most of all an affiliation with the fans.

And it proves it doesn't matters whether you are English. Anyone can be loved by Fulham or understand Fulham.

And it also shows what Fulham are about.  Other than surviving relegation and the great escape we achieved no real success and yet that doesn't matter, he still means more to us than possibly all of the Europa side.

Imo Zamora isn't fit to lace his boots despite how big a part he played that year.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging