watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- FA ends 6th round replays

Started by bog, May 26, 2016, 09:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

So the FA has ended 6th round repays of their cup tourna. You know the oldest one in the world. Some sharp suited twit says this is part of an on going rethink of the comp. Sorry, call em old fashioned, but they are wrong. Why tamper with it? So a minor club battles at Old Trafford and earns the prize of them back at their humble abode...not anymore folks. They seem to think we are all besotted with the Chumpion's League....well I'm not!  :031: It is all down to the golden funds of the Prem....I am not happy!  :031:

092.gif 

dannyboi-ffc

Couldn't agree more. Football isn't all about the big clubs and catering for their busy schedules. If the congestion of fixtures is so bad then they should withdraw from the extra games in Europe. The clubs this will benefit are those who have so much money that they should be able to ensure they have a big enough squad to deal with such replays.

Little clubs don't have the luxury of wealth and rely on revenue to stay afloat. Imagine a league one side draws against Utd at home in the quarter finals. Now they will be refused the opportunity of a lifetime to play at Old Trafford and the money they would make from a big night out.

I prefer the FA Cup to the Champions League. Never quite understood how the Champions League is named that when clubs like Celtic are champions and still have to qualify in the same way 4th in the prem does. Arsenal never fail to miss the CHAMPIONS league and they haven't been champions for over a decade. It should be called "The European where we go out of our way to ensure all the big teams in Europe qualify and the minnows have no chance because its all about money Cup"
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bobby01

More watering down of what used to be the greatest cup competition in the world. Itv only want to show premier league ties, the fa have killed this competition that was once he Jewel in their crown.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

RaySmith

The fact that the Cup Final kicks off at 5.30 says it all.

bog

Agree on all points. Likewise I prefer the FA Cup to the Chumpions League. Often you see a first round match between two sides who will never win the trophy but serve up such a memorable game, where as some Chumpion's games are full of negativity and but loaded with massive money incentives.  And I tell you what, it aint long before we are forced to have a winter break. NO! NO! NO! No games on Boxing day?!!! No chance to get out of the house and have a good old fashioned moan rant and shout?  GRRRRRR!!!!!!  :031: 090.gif

Thank you and good night

092.gif

David Allen Crankshaw

A very bad move from the FA purely to suit the wealthy clubs. It won't be long before they completely do away with FA Cup replays altogether and deprive the smaller of a potential cash windfall.

Lighthouse

It is very frustrating when they mess about with things. If it aint broke.......I have no interest at all in European Competition anymore because of the safety nets provided for the big clubs. Get knocked out early of the Champions League. No worry. You will be put in the Europa. Don't want to mess about with the boring old FA CUP replays while having your third youth team represent you. No worry. Let's not have them.

The rule for a draw will soon be, the richest club automatically goes through.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

A lot of change in the air this close season. Money rules.

Wolf

I'm neutral towards this. Can't say the prospect of a Quarter-Final replay is the highlight of the season.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

bog

I see the FA suit says it is also to held the supporters. What about the ludicrous kick off times they settle for? Can we ever forget travelling up to Villa Park in 2002 for a 7pm kick off on a Sunday evening?!  :doh:

092.gif   

ffcthereligion

I usually opposed to any changes in football but cant see the problem here. Dont think it disadvantages any side and is a inconvenience regardless of what league you're in.

jarv

Where would Fulham have been in 1975 without all the replays....probably not in the final.

filham

Makes the advantage of being drawn at home in the sixth round even greater, not a good move.
However, it looks even more unlikely that Fulham's 1975 of 12 FA cup ties will ever be broken.

Arthur

Quote from: ffcthereligion on May 27, 2016, 12:51:09 PM
I usually opposed to any changes in football but cant see the problem here. Dont think it disadvantages any side and is a inconvenience regardless of what league you're in.

I'm with you on this.

Were Fat Knacker Athletic to manage to hold Man. City/Man. Utd/Arsenal or their like to a draw in the 6th round, the chances of the minnows going one better in the replay and beating their illustrious opponents would still be slim - home or away.

Now, however, Fat Knacker's achievement will give them a realistic hope of progressing via a penalty shoot-out - in which the big boys' chances of coming out on top will be far nearer to evens than if they played each other again.

With the reward being a place in a semi-final at Wembley (and all that goes with it), I fail to see how this can be regarded as a bum deal for the little club.

HatterDon

So stupid to do this, but so predictable. People are concerned about congestion at the end of the season, and The Champions League is more interesting -- even if neither finalist is English.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel