watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Social Services

Started by bog, June 01, 2016, 08:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

I am sick and tired of hearing of incompetent Social Services. The latest up in Fife. Two bruisers murder an innocent infant and they say that the lad 'fell off the radar'. An absolute disgrace. As for the two murderers....

092.gif

Holders

Totally agree.

I won't say more but you can guess what I think.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Under staffed, under paid, under pressure.
Social services is full of great people but vast majority need help themselves with the amount of work they do. Its dreadful news when anything like this happens, but they also do a bloody good lot of work for the most part.

Burt

Not too many moons ago I did some interim work at one of the larger London boroughs to sort out a failing HR department which was an eye-opener for me as (a)it was the first and only time I have done any work in the public sector, and (b)the waste and inefficiency was something to behold.

As part of my work I had a lot of interaction with the social services team and went to visit a selection of the care homes they managed and I have to say that I was bowled over by the dedication and professionalism of most of the people I came in to contact with. Having to do such a pressurised job for not much pay in a highly stressful and politicised environment was nothing short of miraculous and scandalous all in one go.

Unfortunately, as in many other walks of life, it is the actions of a few bad apples that drag the reputation of the broader profession through the mud.

I personally think it is more scandalous that professional footballers can get paid £200k+ per week when these other people, who contribute more for society, are paid that over 10 years.

epsomraver

Quote from: Burt on June 01, 2016, 09:44:32 AM
Not too many moons ago I did some interim work at one of the larger London boroughs to sort out a failing HR department which was an eye-opener for me as (a)it was the first and only time I have done any work in the public sector, and (b)the waste and inefficiency was something to behold.

As part of my work I had a lot of interaction with the social services team and went to visit a selection of the care homes they managed and I have to say that I was bowled over by the dedication and professionalism of most of the people I came in to contact with. Having to do such a pressurised job for not much pay in a highly stressful and politicised environment was nothing short of miraculous and scandalous all in one go.

Unfortunately, as in many other walks of life, it is the actions of a few bad apples that drag the reputation of the broader profession through the mud.

I personally think it is more scandalous that professional footballers can get paid £200k+ per week when these other people, who contribute more for society, are paid that over 10 years.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

Quote from: bog on June 01, 2016, 08:49:47 AM
I am sick and tired of hearing of incompetent Social Services. The latest up in Fife. Two bruisers murder an innocent infant and they say that the lad 'fell off the radar'. An absolute disgrace. As for the two murderers....

092.gif

Perhaps once again they were frightened to say anything due to political correctness?

Holders

Quote from: epsomraver on June 01, 2016, 10:37:02 AM
Quote from: bog on June 01, 2016, 08:49:47 AM

092.gif

Perhaps once again they were frightened to say anything due to political correctness?

That was my point, ER. I wasn't getting at dedicated social services staff.

alfie

Quote from: epsomraver on June 01, 2016, 10:35:50 AM
Quote from: Burt on June 01, 2016, 09:44:32 AM

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg
0001.jpeg
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

What is sickening about this affair,is that it has gone on for 2 years,other children
involved with the 2 pieces of scum.
Social services and the police visited them enough times,and people dont pick
up on it or they turn blind eye due to politic correctness, this country is choking
with it and the fear of offending certain people.

Jem

No doubt the two murderers will get their just deserts when they are sent to jail. The phrase welcome to hell comes to mind. There would be no solitary confinement if I was the governor of the prison.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

filham

My limited experience indicates a big heavy organisation with too may departments all too ready to pass the buck. The individuals at the coal face however are the salt of the earth.

bog

I have little doubt that political correctness played a part. In this case not wishing to be labelled homophobic. There are many dedicated social workers  but, as in this horrendous case, so many signs were missed by the inept. Not one sign of any remorse by these heathens. May they rot in hell.

092.gif 

Berserker

You can accuse me of being politically correct but I have moderated out the Homophobic comments

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Quote from: bog on June 01, 2016, 01:09:03 PM
I have little doubt that political correctness played a part. In this case not wishing to be labelled homophobic. There are many dedicated social workers  but, as in this horrendous case, so many signs were missed by the inept. Not one sign of any remorse by these heathens. May they rot in hell.

092.gif 

I truly think that's an insult to heathens, and I'm not being petty. All the heathens I know are decent people who wouldn't countenance anything so vile as this.

bog

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Berserker on June 01, 2016, 01:13:51 PM
You can accuse me of being politically correct but I have moderated out the Homophobic comments

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

How is calling someone a Lesbian homophobic?
Thats what they are,you have just proved my point on political correctness..

Oakeshott

"Heathen

Oft times used as an insult by Christians against people who don't worship their god. They tend to confuse Atheism, Paganism and Heathenism. Atheism is of course a lack of belief in any gods. Paganism is an umbrella term for many polytheistic non-Abrahamic religions. Whereas a heathen is one who practices the pre-Christian religion of the ancient Germanic people. They worship the Germanic and Norse gods and goddess'.

Heathens are hard polytheists, meaning they believe each god and goddess is a real and distinct individual not an aspect or archetype of a greater being. Besides the major gods spoken of in the lore, there are also local gods, ancestral spirits, and various sorts of wights. To a heathen reading and understanding one's heritage is very important, this is why there is such a heavy emphasis placed on reading the sagas. Heathens take their religion very seriously."

I don't think I've ever met a heathen. But we atheists don't cause many problems.

Holders

Quote from: Oakeshott on June 01, 2016, 04:20:58 PM
"Heathen

Oft times used as an insult by Christians against people who don't worship their god. They tend to confuse Atheism, Paganism and Heathenism. Atheism is of course a lack of belief in any gods. Paganism is an umbrella term for many polytheistic non-Abrahamic religions. Whereas a heathen is one who practices the pre-Christian religion of the ancient Germanic people. They worship the Germanic and Norse gods and goddess'.

Heathens are hard polytheists, meaning they believe each god and goddess is a real and distinct individual not an aspect or archetype of a greater being. Besides the major gods spoken of in the lore, there are also local gods, ancestral spirits, and various sorts of wights. To a heathen reading and understanding one's heritage is very important, this is why there is such a heavy emphasis placed on reading the sagas. Heathens take their religion very seriously."

I don't think I've ever met a heathen. But we atheists don't cause many problems.

Close. Heathen is often used as an alternative to Pagan but actually has a wider definition. Originally it meant someone who worshipped "upon the heath" as opposed to a member of a group which requires a building dedicated for the purpose.

It's oft-times used as an intended insult but would not be taken as that. I just didn't like it aimed at those two aberrant women. Personally, I would count many more Heathens among my friends than christians.

Andy S

Social services cop it again........You never hear about the good work they do But the scum who have behaved in this appalling way deserve to rot in prison and they will.

Logicalman

Quote from: Andy S on June 01, 2016, 06:23:08 PM
Social services cop it again........You never hear about the good work they do But the scum who have behaved in this appalling way deserve to rot in prison and they will.

Until one of them takes the prison service to the European Court under the pretense their 'human rights' are violated because they cannot watch their favorite TV shows when they wish to. Pity the victims of such people do not need to care about Human Rights any longer due to the actions of such people.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.