News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we as fans, still suffering a hangover from last season?

Started by Lighthouse, August 16, 2010, 01:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

After the highs of last season and the long drawn out lows of losing a manager and trying to find the right replacement. We still seem to find ourselves clinging to the memory of  last year. There is a distinct niggly feel to some of the threads. All of which is understandable I guess. Not sure we feel we can trust any of our players or managers much anymore.

But  If we can  manage to reach the end of August will we settle down? If we actually manage to add to the squad will we begin to concentrate on this year?

It does seem that until this blimmin transfer window is over our future feels uncertain and our fond glance back will continue.

But the future looks good. No need to stress.  :016:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

Interesting observation Beamer. Seems you have illuminated the symptom and the problem. I agree, I think the protracted managerial search, losing the other chap, the success of last year, and the transfer window still being open, all contribute as you suggest. We just don't know how to feel yet. We know this group of players is good and can win any match and Saturday/Sunday, but we have a new chap running things who is rumored for another  job and some pent up need to fill out the team with some new blood, all making uncertainty and unease the norm. 

I think we will add 2-3 more players but none will be a big name. We go through this every transfer season, the idea a big player may come, and they never do. AJ was the closest thing and he wasn't even in the starting XI at Everton when we go him and he became known as F5.

I am confident we will do well this year and as you note, we will be more focused as a board in a couple weeks....which means slagging off Greening or Kelly.  :011:

HatterDon

Mr House, I'm not quite sure what you're on about. Last season was once in a lifetime -- that means that it would be ludicrous to expect it again. Instead, each August is a time for rebirth. We started the season on the same points as Man United, and as I type this, we're one point up on them. Each season is its own story waiting to be told, its own adventure.

Will there be victories over ManU again? Will we take four points off Liverpool? Who will we beat on the road now that Pompey's in the Championship? Which Cup Final will we win?

Last season happened. I know; I was paying attention. Roy is gone. Erik the Viking is gone. The Italian African is gone. It's time for new Fulhamish days and weeks.

So, in short, NO!  :011:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

To be honest the Europa Final seems such a long time ago to me, And if Sparky can get a couple of good un's in i think we can have a great season, pity Woy didn't do the decent thing and leave earlier rather than keeping us and Finnsters fave team  :dft012:  waiting to see if the England job was available, we could've have had Sparky's team and proper formation in place now, rather than a work in progress.

Jimbobob

:dft002: :020: :dft001: :032: :034:

No we all think we are drunk or stoned or wasted or plowed having to watch Fulham play in those
FRICKI'N BUTT UGLY AWAY KITS! :034: :034: :034:
I didn't realize our colors were a bad red and grey.........
Otherwise we get some good tranfers of some quality we will be alright.
At least I pray that is what is going to happen. In Sparky I trust for now.............
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?