watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Quoting posts

Started by Ichabod Magoo, October 30, 2016, 12:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ichabod Magoo

When I quote a post, my reply appears as a continuation of the quoted portion.  The quote doesn't appear in a gray box above my comment.  I'll quote this message in a second post to display an example.  What am I doing wrong?
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on Today at 07:00 PM
When I quote a post, my reply appears as a continuation of the quoted portion.  The quote doesn't appear in a gray box above my comment.  I'll quote this message in a second post to display an example.  What am I doing wrong?

Any thoughts?
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on October 30, 2016, 12:01:48 AM

Any thoughts?

The solution was to uncheck "Show WYSIWYG" editor.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on October 30, 2016, 02:53:06 AM

Any thoughts?

do you see the [ /quote] ? if you type your reply below this it should show the original post in a darker box or boxes

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: WhiteJC on October 30, 2016, 08:32:15 AM

Any thoughts?

do you see the [ /quote] ? if you type your reply below this it should show the original post in a darker box or boxes

If you use the WYSIWYG editor, it's not a [/ quote], it's a </ blockquote> so apparently that syntax or BB code or whatever it is doesn't use the gray background.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on October 31, 2016, 03:09:54 AM
Quote from: WhiteJC on October 30, 2016, 08:32:15 AM

Any thoughts?

If you use the WYSIWYG editor, it's not a [/ quote], it's a </ blockquote> so apparently that syntax or BB code or whatever it is doesn't use the gray background.

the </ blockquote> is only shown when there is multiple quotes and is only shown "inside" the
[/ quote]