watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the Euros....what do you think?

Started by jarv, July 01, 2016, 08:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

I have watched a lot of games....what a borefest. The worst football on offer, lowest scoring etc etc.

Portugal says it all....HOW CAN YOU DEVISE A SYSTEM WHERE A TEAM WHICH HAS NOT WON ONE GAME GETS TO THE SEMI FINAL. 

Wales v Northern Ireland was about league 1 standard, awful stuff.

My solution, if a draw at end of extra time, both teams get eliminated. That puts the cat amongst the pigeons....ha ha.

What do you all think?

OdecaMynoT

Only a few games that have got the juices flowing.

The fear of losing seems to dominate,Poland v Portugal a prime example.

Wales v Iceland final?

Stranger things have happened..............or have they?

Wales to beat Portugal? They have nothing to fear. They may need to practise a few penalties though.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

YankeeJim

I got the same impression viewing the COPA recently; lots of diving, knee grabbing and parking the bus. It was a lot like watching an NBA game. Give the ball to your star (Messi, James Rodriguez, etc) and then stand around and watch.
Club football is so much better.

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on July 02, 2016, 12:18:04 AM
Only a few games that have got the juices flowing.

The fear of losing seems to dominate,Poland v Portugal a prime example.

Wales v Iceland final?

Stranger things have happened..............or have they?

Wales to beat Portugal? They have nothing to fear. They may need to practise a few penalties though.

I had a dream it was a Wales Iceland final literally a night or two ago. Weird. Not an impossibility.

Is it the tandard of football is improving alround, or lowering? Lots of underdogs doing well and big clubs not.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

hovewhite

Tournament of the underdog and well deserved by wales ,Iceland,followed by Hungary enjoyed there performances a lot honest commuted and well organised!

justinfromga

This was always going to happen by allowing more teams in.  The way forward for small nations is to park the bus and hope for something against the run of play.  It has proven successful.  While Iceland, Northern Ireland, and Wales have been good stories I wish it would go back to 16 teams in '20.

valdeingruo

The system was set up to defend from the begining. With as many teams getting through, it was paramount to get the right result. That being said, this tournament was refreshing to see teams with the right mentality, not the best players get a result, particularly Iceland. France seem to be peaking at the right moment, though the Germans are always dangerous. I see an interesting game in Portugal v Wales.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Beamer

Does seem a difficult line to walk, if one of the 'lesser' nations parks the bus and is successful getting a breakaway or nicks a goal from a set piece (or long throw) they have done brilliantly as a team but if a 'bigger' team decide not to allow them the breakaway opportunities to nick a goal by being cautious and not over-committing they are boring, even if their class tells in the end.
What I would really love to see at the start of the second period of extra time is a manager say to his players " Do you know what, I don't want to take this into a penalty shoot out lottery, let's go s**t or bust for a result and throw everything into attack for this 15 minutes. I would sooner lose trying to win than have our fate decided by penalties." Now that would be a refreshing attitude.