watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Youngsters Contracts

Started by BlaWhiArmyyyyyy, July 01, 2016, 10:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Does anyone know how long the current deals are for Sessgnon, Adenrian, Edun and Thorsteinsson?

I've read on a few occasions on social media of these players impressing SJ and possibly debuting for us this season (the way the team is right now i can really see that!) and it would be nice to actually keep hold of our young prospects in the same way Derby have with Will Hughes and Wolves are doing so with Iorfa, Hause etc.

I think its important that if we dont have a budget to compete for promotion then it's vital we keep our youngsters over a longer period and then sell them when the times right. Its painful to watch players such as Roberts, Dembele, Hyndman, Tankovic just walk away from the club.

cmg

Sessegnon is only just 16, so won't be signing any contracts until next year. Even then he and any other 17 year old would only be able to sign, as per regulations, for a maximum of 3 years.

Roberts, Dembele and Hyndman were all signed to maximum (or thereabouts) length contracts. Roberts was sold with a year to go, the other two did not renew.

TWFL

Thorsteinsson signed a new contract today I believe. Saw some agent posted a photo on twitter of him doing it..

Edit: Should add that Mourinho Jr has signed a 2 yr youth deal as well. Reckon it'll be a similar length for Thor.

mike_corkcity12

Does it really matter any more? Club are unwilling to pay to keep our best youngsters so what is the point? Jennings and Elias would be better off at a more ambitious club.