Author Topic: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Friendsoffulham

  • Administrator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
  • *
  • Posts: 3763
Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« on: June 29, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »
The end of Fernando Amorebieta's time in West London?



Is Fulham starting to follow our offseason plan? Probably not, it didn’t take Sherlock Holmes to see Amorebieta’s time here was limited.

Sky Sports News reports emerged on Monday 27th June, Stating that Fulham's Venezuelan international has told the club his intent on leaving SW6 and will not make another appearance for The Cottagers.

Amorebieta has spoken with the Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic at the clubs Motspur Park Training Ground as the clubs returns back for the first day of pre-season.

The 31 year old who is under contract at the club until 2017, Has had a sporadic time at the Fulham, spending time on loan at Middlesbrough over the past two seasons.

He spent a majority of last season at The Riverside Stadium, making 22 appearances for the side as they finished second in the Championship.

The Venezuelan spent 10 years at Athletic Bilbao in Spain before joining the West London side back in 2013. Rumours suggest that he may be considering a return to the La Liga.

Who should Fulham target to replace Amorebieta?

Offline Friendsoffulham

  • Administrator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
  • *
  • Posts: 3763
Re: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 04:12:39 PM »
2016 Fulham Offseason Plan Part 1: Cleaning house



As we begin our yearly offseason plan for Fulham, lets look at players that we’d be happy to see go.

Fulham have a fairly large squad of players who are frankly not very impressive at all. This team has to get better if it wants to have any chance of competing for a promotion spot next season. Unfortunately, you can’t just blow up the squad and replace it with all new players. Some of them are under contract, and to get rid of them; you have to find a taker. Realistically, if they can’t cut it at Fulham, who’s going to want them?

All that being said, these players are good enough, cheap enough, or Fulham should be willing to eat enough of their contract to make them so such that they can be moved on.

The Departed

Fulham have already let go of Moussa Dembele, Shaun Hutchinson, Dan Burn, Emerson Hyndman, and Alexander Kacaniklic. Along with these players, we’d love to see the following players end their time with the club.

Nikolay Bodurov

He seemed like a good buy low option for the club. With both Fulham and FC Midtjylland showing interest in him, there’s probably a statistical reason to like him. Unfortunately, the Championship might just be one level too high. He seemed to do well in the Danish Superliga, and perhaps Midtjylland would like him back? Maybe a move back to Bulgaria would suit him? With only one year left on his contract, he should be able to be moved and I’m not sure a single fan would miss him.

Maarten Stekelenburg

How far can a player fall? He’s still only 33. He has started a world cup final. He was the starting keeper in a World Cup Final. He was worth an eight digit transfer fee. Now Fulham is going to basically have to give him away. We’ve covered rumors of his departure already. The only question is whether Fulham loans him out again and he leaves on a free when his contract is up in a year or if Fulham can get something for him in a transfer.

Ben Pringle

He seemed like the kind of player we needed when we signed him. It just didn’t work out for him at the club. With another year left, and an option after that Fulham hold all the cards with him, but haven’t shown a desire to keep him around. He was loaned to Ipswich last year, and rumors have connected him with Rangers this offseason. If Fulham can unload him, they should take the opportunity to do so.

Fernando Amorebieta

One of the few veterans left from the time in the Premier League, he’s also one of the highest earners on the team. The team have an offer for him, but are holding out for a better one. I’m not sure it’s worth holding out. Get his salary off the books and invest it into someone younger and better. At best his a marginal left back and an adequate center back. At worst he’s a card waiting to happen. And while accumulating cards might not be repeatable year by year, fouling is; and he lead the team in fouls per game. Tim Ream can do most everything he can do at left back and center back, can also play in midfield, and has played right back in a pinch. All while fouling at a rate four times lower.

Jazz Richards

Fulham have two young left backs on the team. Jazz Richards is the older and less talented of the two. I’d like to see an upgrade there, and if you bring one in, Richards should be going. While he is under contract until 2018, with an additional option year, I can’t see Fulham keeping him around. He’s been the weak link multiple times in a defense that is bad by every measure. If they can unload him, they should. Unfortunately, he might be the hardest player on this list to get rid of.

That’s our list. Next time we’ll be looking at players we want to re-sign and discussing the players that are remaining and what their role might be. Until then, do you agree? Want one of these guys to stay? Think someone else needs to be cut loose? Feel free to leave a comment and let us know how wrong we are.

Offline Friendsoffulham

  • Administrator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
  • *
  • Posts: 3763
Re: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 04:14:48 PM »
Reading Fixture Moved



Fulham's meeting with Reading at the Madejski Stadium, originally scheduled for New Year's Eve, will now take place a day earlier on Friday 30th December (8pm).

Any further fixture amendments will be detailed on fulhamfc.com in due course.


Offline Friendsoffulham

  • Administrator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
  • *
  • Posts: 3763
Re: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 04:16:40 PM »
Early Kick-Off For QPR



Fulham's West London derby against Queens Park Rangers at Craven Cottage on Saturday 1st October will now kick-off at the earlier time of 12.45pm.

Any further fixture changes will be confirmed on fulhamfc.com in due course.

Offline Friendsoffulham

  • Administrator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
  • *
  • Posts: 3763
Re: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 04:19:33 PM »
FULHAM MAN REFUSES TO PLAY FOR THE CLUB EVER AGAIN



Fulham defender Fernando Amorebieta is refusing to ever play again for the Cottagers after telling the club he wants a transfer away, according to Sky Sports.

The Venezuelan centre-half spent most of last season on-loan at Middlesbrough, helping them to their promotion back to the Premier League after a seven year wait.

Since joining Fulham in the summer of 2013, Amorebieta has made 30 appearances for the Championship club with much of his football has come from loan spells elsewhere. The 31 year-old has spent two loan-spells Riverside since moving to this country from Spain’s Athletic Bilbao.

With little reported interest for the 6 ft 4 defender, as Middlesbrough have stated they don’t intend on signing him permanently, Fernando Amorebieta may struggle for a move away from Craven Cottage.

However, he does offer experience and his former club in Spain will know all about that having played 200 games for Bilbao.

Reports suggest he is still on Premier League wages and Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic would be open to allowing Amorebieta to leave if it meant clearing up a large amount of wages

Offline Friendsoffulham

  • Administrator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
  • *
  • Posts: 3763
Re: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 05:14:43 PM »
Easter Game Rearranged



Fulham's game against Norwich City at Carrow Road, originally scheduled for Saturday 15th April, will now take place the day before - Good Friday - kicking off at 3pm.

Any further fixture amendments will be detailed on fulhamfc.com in due course.


Offline Friendsoffulham

  • Administrator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
  • *
  • Posts: 3763
Re: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »
How strong is Aston Villa's interest in Fulham striker Ross McCormack?



The Cottagers frontman has been linked with Villa's attacking vacancy

Roberto Di Matteo is yet to make a final decision over whether Ross McCormack is a man he wants to bolster his strikeforce.

The Villa boss is still weighing up a number of options before moving for a preferred target and at this stage McCormack is not top of his list.

Fulham’s prolific striker has an excellent record in the Championship having bagged 66 goals in 135 appearances over the last three seasons.

Would Rickie Lambert be a good signing for Aston Villa? Here's what fans had to say
But Villa would have to stump up £15m to meet his release clause and for a player who turns 30 in August that represents a gamble.

While there is no doubting his record in the second-tier, a disappointing season for either the club or the player would see a big loss on the investment in times ahead.

It’s why Villa’s coaching team are carrying out an extensive search to make sure they get the right striker in before the start of the season.

Younger options including Dwight Gayle of Crystal Palace and Manchester United’s James Wilson are under consideration.

And Di Matteo has also held talks with other managers to find out whether their transfer plans would free up any other forwards that might suit.

As reported yesterday, Albion’s Rickie Lambert would appeal as he is proven in the Championship and has the leadership qualities that Villa are looking for this term.

With just one year left on his Baggies deal, the 34-year-old wouldn’t command a large transfer fee either which means Di Matteo could also move for another striker.

Today, Villa's first-team return for pre-season training and the Italian boss will begin assessing his squad for the season ahead.

Offline gang

  • Silver Fox
  • *
  • Posts: 2240
Re: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »
The end of Fernando Amorebieta's time in West London?



Is Fulham starting to follow our offseason plan? Probably not, it didn’t take Sherlock Holmes to see Amorebieta’s time here was limited.

Sky Sports News reports emerged on Monday 27th June, Stating that Fulham's Venezuelan international has told the club his intent on leaving SW6 and will not make another appearance for The Cottagers.

Amorebieta has spoken with the Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic at the clubs Motspur Park Training Ground as the clubs returns back for the first day of pre-season.

The 31 year old who is under contract at the club until 2017, Has had a sporadic time at the Fulham, spending time on loan at Middlesbrough over the past two seasons.

He spent a majority of last season at The Riverside Stadium, making 22 appearances for the side as they finished second in the Championship.

The Venezuelan spent 10 years at Athletic Bilbao in Spain before joining the West London side back in 2013. Rumours suggest that he may be considering a return to the La Liga.

Who should Fulham target to replace Amorebieta?
It won't be difficult to replace him, just go to any local park.

Offline Jims Dentist

  • Legend
  • ***
  • Posts: 1862
Re: Wednesday Fulham News 29/06/2016
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 07:49:42 PM »
We need to get busy.
We can't rely on Madl, Stearman and Ream.
The bigger more physical opponents will murder us