watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This Season's Expectations

Started by AnEssexFan, July 01, 2016, 12:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

No idea, but I don't hold out much hope of a high finish as we need a completely new team and that takes time to gel. To do well we would need to be working with the team for the whole off season and basically our new defence has not been signed.

Bronaldinho

Think top 12 finish would be he best for us.

Give Jokanovic the full season and then build on what he has achieved this year.

Promotion is never achieved with just 1 year revamp.

2-3 year plan should be installed.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

filham

At this moment we have players and a manager no better than last season so the only realistic expectation has to be relegation.
However, there is a little time left before the season starts so we live in hope that:-

1. McCormac stays with us.

2. Parker continues in good form and stays fit.

3. LVC, Woodrow , Cairney and Madle show even better form than they did last season.

4, We sign a good quality centre back,left back and a  wide man with pace.

5. Jocanovic decides on the formation most suited to his players and sticks with it.

If all of the above could happen then perhaps hope could turn to expectation of a mid table finish that would include some good performances at the Cottage. To expect any better than this would be totally over optimistic.

grandad

For the last 61 seasons I have expected us to win everything. Why change the habits of a lifetime.
Where there's a will there's a wife

jarv

Expectations? Not very high given the last 3 seasons I am afraid. Always hope though.

Riversider

Quote from: AnEssexFan on July 01, 2016, 12:29:59 PM
What are people's honest and realistic expectations for the coming season.

After the last three years, I believe a promotion push is fairly unrealistic. Last year's squad just avoided relegation, and a number of them have now left the club - with more likely to follow.

For this season I would settle for a top half finish if the club also gives plenty of game time to the youngsters that we have developed such as Woodrow, LVC, Williams, Sessegnon, Adeniran, etc.

I know that doesn't sound exciting or ambitious to some, but I feel it would be good progress on the last 3 years and that it might allow us to develop our youngsters and thus encourage them to sign longer deals with us and therefore stay with us for the foreseeable future. I don't want to see "ok" championship players brought in to play ahead of our youngsters, denying them game time, and therefore making them feel like their futures are elsewhere.

Just wondered what everyone else's views are?

It's shaping up to be possibly the toughest Championship in history, why would anybody suggest that we should be using two school kids in Sessegnon and Adeniran ?
Next to no chance of them even making the bench this season, the step up to U21 football is going to be massive this season let alone any dreams of the first team,
We could quite conceivably lose our first two league games, Newcastle and Preston (Away) and there wouldn't be any shame in that, but I can 100% guarantee that some dick on here will be calling for the heads of Slavisa, Khan and Rigg and that's after two games !
The pressure will be immense this season from day one and not a season to be trying out two very young kids.

HatterDon

top half

the team won't be interested in either domestic cup

we'll fire at least one manager
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WayneKerrins

At time of writing it's impossible to suggest the current squad would do better than last year.
Even though I think Khan is abject as an voluntary custodian I think we'll spend£10-15m but think most business will be in August and once gain well spunk a months' worth of points.

H4usuallysitting

I know this sounds crazy, but anything above top 12 will be a very good season for us

Buffalo76

Fear we'll be nearer the bottom than the top of the table. We'll probably add a few more unknowns in this current window but still won't increase much to the already lack of quality we currently possess.

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Jims Dentist

Like others have posted previously, relegation battle as things stand at present.
If we have to rely on the likes of Richards, Ream, Stearman, Woodrow etc there is no cause for optimism.
On top of that, I have l little faith in Joka, his selections and substitutions last season lost us points that we may have won with a more sensible approach.