watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else a bit worried...

Started by Mitch, July 01, 2016, 12:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch

So, the window has opened. Our two best young players have left on frees (or for marginal compensation, whatever). We have no sign of any movement in. We've not announced any kit sponsor or new kit.

It seems to be there's a mess all over the club from the squad, recruitment, sponsorship, communications - the lot.

I'd managed to keep my mind off of it with the Euro's, but now that's all but over my mind can't help but be worried.

This isn't good, is it?

Two Ton Ted

Worried? Yes.

Surprised considering the way the club has been run since Khan took over? Not in the slightest.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Mitch

I know it was only Burn and Hutchinson, but we also let them two go. They had a fair few appearances between them. Leaves us with Stearman, Madl and Ream....

bill taylors apprentice

Worried? Yes!

But always hopeful, what else can you do?

I would like to think there will be a player or two who we have written off who will be enthused and committed to being better than previously due to a full pre season under Jokanovic.

Wishful thinking, probably ?

The clubs had long before last season finished to know what we needed to move up the table, so as for new signings and boy do we need them, surely we need to see positive news soon?

If we are still looking for players by the time we face CP in a friendly we are going to be playing catch up at best.

Mitch

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 01, 2016, 01:21:10 PM
Worried? Yes!

But always hopeful, what else can you do?

I would like to think there will be a player or two who we have written off who will be enthused and committed to being better than previously due to a full pre season under Jokanovic.

Wishful thinking, probably ?

The clubs had long before last season finished to know what we needed to move up the table, so as for new signings and boy do we need them, surely we need to see positive news soon?

If we are still looking for players by the time we face CP in a friendly we are going to be playing catch up at best.

I see what you're saying and I recognise that with Baird for instance, but with this squad, I don't think there's enough of them to even have someone who could have a resurgence.

We look very thing -

GK - Betts. Then reserve/youth players.
RB - Richards (Awful) and Fredericks.
CB - Stearman, Ream and Madl. Amore is off.
LB - Urmmm... lets not suggest Ream or Kavanagh please.

CM - Parker, Tunnicliffe.
RM - Urmmm....
LM - Urmmm.... Williams? Will be back late for training and will he push on?

Cairney can play all of those.

ST - Ross, Smith, Woodrow.

I'm obviously missing someone, but I can't think who. Or am I? Is our squad really this thread-bare?

mike_corkcity12

Take a look at the squad list - http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/player-profiles

Absolutely awful. 2 seasons in the Championship and we are still bloody trying to construct a decent Championship squad. Worst of all Khan, Mackintosh have wasted the competitive advantage that was the parachute payments.

The sooner Khan leaves the better. Been terrible for us.

Mitch

I missed out LVC - says a lot about his second season. Hopefully he can push on.

But other than that, it's a pathetically thin squad...

jarv

Dont panic, when Southampton lost their manager to spuds and then lost so many players, supporters were saying they didn't have enough for a 5 a side match in pre season.  All of a sudden they had a bunch of signings and a good team.  Lets hope Fulham has done the homework and have several options pending. We can hope.

bog

Yes. Last season with Symons there was much going on, but this year as of yet...nowt. Emm.  :022: They say silence is golden, however....

092.gif

Mitch

Quote from: bog on July 01, 2016, 03:31:16 PM
Yes. Last season with Symons there was much going on, but this year as of yet...nowt. Emm.  :022: They say silence is golden, however....

092.gif

Well, we have one down. A lot more to go though. I'm thinking of complaining every day, seemed to do the job.