Main Menu

NFR: Gareth Bale v Belgium

Started by SP, July 01, 2016, 08:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestrand

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 01, 2016, 10:16:17 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 01, 2016, 10:14:14 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on July 01, 2016, 10:08:55 PM
Just to confirm, the goals were scored by a lad who plays up front for Burnley, a CB from Swansea & Hal Robson-Kanu, who's unemployed.
But, you know... We're just a one man team

Far from a one man team they are.
Full of passion and guts,not like our lot.

Tell that to about 95% of the English fans and media
I dont want to disappoint you but its a lot less than 95% Just come out a pub full of English cheering your boys on, Well done Wales.

westcliff white

Oakeshot as I said the better team won on the night as the played as a team, but I do stick by my other points.

The game against England hi lights that, we were a team just about and they relied on Bale, he had the free kick and that was all, yes different you of game but they need bale at his best or at least on the pitch otherwise the just defend. Defending for most of the game won't win you enough matches.

Well done to them tonight as the were the better team
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

If they're a one-man team then I think they're going to miss the two players who picked up a second yellow in the semis.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Oakeshott

"The game against England hi lights that, we were a team just about and they relied on Bale, he had the free kick and that was all, yes different you of game but they need bale at his best or at least on the pitch otherwise the just defend. Defending for most of the game won't win you enough matches."

I agree that in the game against us Wales did look very dependent on Bale, but I also agree with what Chris C said last night, that was the one game when they played differently to the others, ie did not try to pass the ball. Bale certainly made a good contribution yesterday, but so in my view did all the others and if one didn't know that most of them came from relatively run of the mill clubs one could not have told it from the play. The goal Robson-Kanu scored, for example, was absolutely top drawer.

On another thread Epsomraver has suggested, on the basis of a conversation he has had with someone "in the know", that with England things are not as straightforward as one would imagine. And knowing what Roy did with us, it was frankly odd to see us so lacking in shape and organisation at times. Chris C on the other hand clearly has his players knowing what is expected of them and ready to play to that.

As we've seen with the English rugby team recently, managers really can make a difference and I'm sure that it the case with Wales and, without the benefit of what Epsomraver has been told, find our performances puzzling.

Anyway, no point dwelling on what we did or not do. Fingers crossed to Wales against Portugal and let's hope the team performance we saw last night can be repeated, even without the two players unavailable through suspensions.

westcliff white

I never said they didn't make a contribution last night, said they were a team and the better team. And all credit to them for that, which is something else I said. But, I do say they defend and give up possession, something they themselves have said, and they look to hit teams on the counter with bale, that's their prime tactic, it works for the, so good in them. When they need to go long they use Robson Kanu who is great and running the channels and holding the ball up, something bale isn't adept at doing, so they have other options, but their main one and which is why in my mind they are a one man team, is sit deep and hit bale.

If that offends apologies just my take on what they do. In someways they have to do that its called playing to your strengths and that should be applauded. It's like Iceland defending all the time and Hopi g for that one chance (or two if your playing against England)
Every day is a Fulham day

Oakeshott

"If that offends apologies"

No offence whatsoever. We just have different takes on what we've seen.

Mince n Tatties

The player that they will miss in the semis is Ramsey,more so than
Bale..He was superb last night..

Max Headroom

I'm Welsh..... And after fifteen minutes yesterday I thought we were in for a hiding. But amazing performance. So disappointed for Ramsey. I remember seeing him play for Cardiff when he was 16 and he was running their midfield even then.

Hopefully he will be back refreshed for the final

Unbelievable performance all round. Leicester, Wales and Iceland have proved the value of team spirit.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Max Headroom on July 02, 2016, 09:56:18 AM
I'm Welsh..... And after fifteen minutes yesterday I thought we were in for a hiding. But amazing performance. So disappointed for Ramsey. I remember seeing him play for Cardiff when he was 16 and he was running their midfield even then.

Hopefully he will be back refreshed for the final

Unbelievable performance all round. Leicester, Wales and Iceland have proved the value of team spirit.

Thing is, against Portugal, someone like Jonny Williams will be a more than adequate replacement for Ramsey.

And in terms of Ben Davies, James Collins can still put a shift in
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 01, 2016, 10:07:11 PM
Bale wasnt their best player tonight,the Team Team beat the
team of individuals...Go on Cookie son you can win it...
I thought Bale had a quiet game, a tremendous team performance by Wales.
Now if Bale shows his best form in the next match who knows what will happen.

Burt

At risk of being controversial, given Wales are a home nation (the UK still just about exists) and given they are managed by Cookie then I am delighted by how they are doing, and hope they go all the way.

dannyboi-ffc

Wales don't bother me either way. I'm not hoping they don't succeed because of England but likewise I'm not jumping for joy when they win either.

Given the Fulham connection I'm pleased for them even if the feeling isn't mutual when England are winning.

I'm from an Italian family on my mum's side so I have a lot more reason to cheer for Italy.  And if it's not Italy then I hope it's Iceland. Wales come 3rd for me but since they are on the other side of the draw I really hope you beat Portugal simply because I can't stand Ronaldo. And then if you play Germany or France in the final I will hope you win that too.

I think you proved the doubters wrong last night. You aren't as much of a one man team as I thought you were and you are where you are because you deserve to be there.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Forever Fulham

aaronmcguigan