watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some thoughts.

Started by valdeingruo, June 28, 2016, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

There were a lot of people with Fulham connections at the Euros, this go round. Most gave a good account of themselves, though we all know some did not at all. Kiraly seemed to do well and Gera rolled back the clock. Hughes was played out of position but played well for a team that did well. Baird accounted himself as well.

Its been quiet on the transfer front, this was expected, to me atleast because of the tournaments. I would rather it be quiet and get the right sort of player in than make it a circus.

Joka does a better job than our media team. He is blunt about our performances when bad and is active on social media. He shows ticket stubs of flights and implies that he is out and about looking for players. I know we all know the club is looking, but its nice to see a bit of proof.

I have literally zero expectations coming into this season. Our mainly abysmal seasons punctuated by winning against QPR has given me very little to look forward to. I will make a judgement after the first month.

Its a shame to loose Hyndman, but its a bit like Roberts, he wasn't getting game time and when he was it was very little. I have a reason to watch the Premier League now though and think he will do well in a league like that. I genuinely hope he does well, though he is gone we can point to him and others as successes of the academy and hope to persuade others to come.

Our academy still seems to be going strong, lets hope this trend continues.

Transfers: In order of importance: Capable Left back, Center Back, Right Back,Goal Keeper, Center Mid, Forward.

We have a decent side, yes lambast me on that if you will, but we need a system and some good coaching and we will get the results. We just need to be able to consistently think we are playing QPR. We haven't had a stable left back since Paul Konchesky (scary to think of it like that)

On paper we have a large amount of CB but the general opinion is that we need to ship out atleast one and bring in one. I am of that mind, though if we could get Amore to calm down and partner Madl we could see something nice happen, but there is talk (I don't know how true, of him wanting to leave)

Jazz may very well be off and while I like some of the Academy players I don't think they are quite there yet.

Our midfield still has numbers and even though we have lost a few, I think we have a player or two ready to step into the fore, namely George Williams.

Bettinelli is a great young keeper, but I think we need an older head to either step in and mentor or compete with him for the spot. I liked Longeran for shot stopping, not much else. If we do want to go up we need someone to take that spot. Is Jorenen ready to compete?

Im not a fan of new kits every year, whats wrong with maybe a 5 year kit? Maybe change the shorts, socks. Ok I know its a money thing, but some kits are stinkers. I am a fan of last years Home kits, one of my favorites in recent memory. I just hope they reveal it and don't pull the promo thing like they have the past few years.

I do think we need another forward, of what stature I am not sure. We could attempt to recreate the McCormack, Smith partnership. Though if all of the rumours are to be taken seriously, we could only have Woodrow left.

Back to the Euros: 

Italy have a wonderful team, it would be great to see us play like that. Smart at the back, deadly when needed.

I still think Germany have it, even when they play badly they can grind out a result. I would love to get a decent player in from the Bundesliga. I have a few names but Ill save that for another post.

How refreshing is Iceland? One, they connect on a personal level with their supporters. After every game, their ritual is fantastic. That is a proper team. Shocked quite a few big names this tournament and great on the counter. The way they fight for their team is fantastic. I think quite a few of them will be moving after this. Now Im not advocating we just go buy a player because they made the run, but if it was the right fit, we should act. Personally, Ive always been a fan of Aron Gunnarson since he was at Coventry.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

valdeingruo

On second thought I would move the priority of needing a new Forward up.

Jims Dentist

Artful Dodger

Good post.....especially the bit about having zero expectation for next year which is about where I am!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

NogoodBoyo

Are Wales not playing in the Euros you're watching?
Nogood "just teasing, isit" Boyo
P.S.  I do not like German football, for the same reason I dislike New Zealand rugby.  Both teams are far too good and far too successful - all the effing time!

valdeingruo

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on July 03, 2016, 08:45:23 PM
P.S.  I do not like German football, for the same reason I dislike New Zealand rugby.  Both teams are far too good and far too successful - all the effing time!

I am, I swear I mentioned Cookie and Williams. Dear Lord I haven't, must have been cut off when I moved it from Word.

Here it is:

Cookie has Wales playing well. Though they have a big player, but they play well, even without. It's all about the team mentality. Shame we haven't seen more of George so far.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Artful Dodger on July 03, 2016, 08:27:49 PM
Good post.....especially the bit about having zero expectation for next year which is about where I am!

I cant do it this year. Ive been cautiously optimistic each year only to be disappointed. I am secretly hoping we pull one out of the hat with myself having no expectations, however, Im not too fussed this year.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: andersons11 on July 03, 2016, 10:23:38 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on July 03, 2016, 08:45:23 PM

I am, I swear I mentioned Cookie and Williams. Dear Lord I haven't, must have been cut off when I moved it from Word.

I feel better now.  Thanks.
Nogood "the forgotten race, isit" Boyo

Here it is:

Cookie has Wales playing well. Though they have a big player, but they play well, even without. It's all about the team mentality. Shame we haven't seen more of George so far.