watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Strip

Started by Mince n Tatties, July 09, 2016, 10:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Red writing on the back?? What's wrong with black and white? And adidas new templates have the stripes down the side, as in the new training kit? But by the looks of it it's stripes on the sleeves again to look a year out of date?

What next? A sash? Presumably red? Brutal

jreid19

Quote from: Mokes on July 11, 2016, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: jreid19 on July 11, 2016, 10:57:46 PM
The club leaked the back of the new kit last week on the online shop. I grabbed a screenshot and tweeted it last week. The club has since taken down the image.

If you had clicked on the shirt, would it not have shown you the front of it too?

Nope, believe me, I tried. When you clicked on it, it sent you back to the home page for the online shop.

Mokes

Quote from: jreid19 on July 12, 2016, 12:33:59 AM
Quote from: Mokes on July 11, 2016, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: jreid19 on July 11, 2016, 10:57:46 PM
The club leaked the back of the new kit last week on the online shop. I grabbed a screenshot and tweeted it last week. The club has since taken down the image.

If you had clicked on the shirt, would it not have shown you the front of it too?

Nope, believe me, I tried. When you clicked on it, it sent you back to the home page for the online shop.

Fair enough, well the numbering fits with the dots and the little stick figure guy that the EFL released a little while back. I actually don't mind the red. At first I was surprised but I actually think it loos ok. At least the shirt is white again.

westcliff white

I dont mind the red numbering etc it is part of our coulors after all White, Black and a small amount of Red.

The stick figure is the charity they support isnt it? the prostate charity
Every day is a Fulham day

Wolf

Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on July 11, 2016, 11:34:03 AM
As mentioned above Adidas create around 3 generic designs a season. Our kit was the same as Brentfords last year but black and white. These designs are also used for Sunday league teams etc, so if you really want to know you can go on something like Prodirect and see this years Adidas designs and then envisage it in our colours

Sheffield United released their adidas kit the other day and I'm pretty sure it will be the same design as what we will get.

Gone are the days where than can be any excitement about kits when manufacturers actually created unique designs and you had them for two years.

Only way you really get that uniqueness now is having a kit manufacturer who only manages only few accounts, like we had with Puma and Airness. Same as Liverpool with New Balance and Spurs with Under Armour at the moment.

Adidas have many templates, but they also produce bespoke kits. This season they have a bespoke shirt for National League Aldershot Town, and I doubt they will shift more than a thousand units.

The quality of Adidas items is good. They don't just supply playing kit but also training kit and leisurewear.

Airness was a panic deal cobbled together in about a week, quite possibly using the templates of French second division teams.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

westcliff white

Quote from: Wolf on July 12, 2016, 09:16:06 AM
Quote from: Take Me Home MAF on July 11, 2016, 11:34:03 AM
As mentioned above Adidas create around 3 generic designs a season. Our kit was the same as Brentfords last year but black and white. These designs are also used for Sunday league teams etc, so if you really want to know you can go on something like Prodirect and see this years Adidas designs and then envisage it in our colours

Sheffield United released their adidas kit the other day and I'm pretty sure it will be the same design as what we will get.

Gone are the days where than can be any excitement about kits when manufacturers actually created unique designs and you had them for two years. Addidas are known for the plan top teams bespoke which become templates the season after, they tweak minorly for teams but nothing big. The regenerate designs to save on costs as well so something from 5 years ago comes back with a lsightly different design. very clever and succesful plan.

Only way you really get that uniqueness now is having a kit manufacturer who only manages only few accounts, like we had with Puma and Airness. Same as Liverpool with New Balance and Spurs with Under Armour at the moment.

Adidas have many templates, but they also produce bespoke kits. This season they have a bespoke shirt for National League Aldershot Town, and I doubt they will shift more than a thousand units.

The quality of Adidas items is good. They don't just supply playing kit but also training kit and leisurewear.

Airness was a panic deal cobbled together in about a week, quite possibly using the templates of French second division teams.

WOlf not disagreeing with you but I dont think the Aldershot kit is a bespoke kit, that is a template from one of the Addidas trianing kits a couple of years ago, I know that as my sons Juior soccer team had that kit. They are known for this business plan which is very clever and succesful.

TYhey also take designs from 5 years ago, re do them with a slight change and re issue them as trianing kits.

alexbishop

Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2016, 07:41:25 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on July 11, 2016, 07:37:14 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2016, 11:40:01 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on July 10, 2016, 12:51:37 PM
My understanding is the kit is done (and yes, correct about the red stripe) but won't be released until next year's terms with Visit Florida are agreed. Reason this takes so long is because Visit Florida is part funded by the state and their funding for the next year isn't agreed until the end of the summer.

Hope that helps clear up why this is taking so long.
I heard VF was a one year deal and the paid very little last year or something liek that, also heard we have a financial Institution coming on board rumoured to be Metro Bank

We are negotiating for a further year with Visit Florida hence the delay I mentioned in my original post. Apparently our deal with them is one of the most lucrative in the league.
That's not what was said last year at all, was next to nothing as they are a not for profit company or something

They are not for profit and as I said above, are part state funded. They are a tourism board. That doesn't mean that the sponsorship isn't lucrative. Tourism companies spend large amounts of money on advertising and sponsorship abroad in order to attract tourists to the area.

I regularly go to networking events in west London and I chat with the commercial guys at the club quite often. They believe the deal we get with VF is one of the strongest in the league. It's just frustrating because they have to renegotiate annually and don't get sign off until VF's funding for the next year is agreed later in the summer.

Once the next years deal is agreed the kit will be released.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

westcliff white

Quote from: alexbishop on July 12, 2016, 10:17:41 AM
My understanding is the kit is done (and yes, correct about the red stripe) but won't be released until next year's terms with Visit Florida are agreed. Reason this takes so long is because Visit Florida is part funded by the state and their funding for the next year isn't agreed until the end of the summer.

I heard VF was a one year deal and the paid very little last year or something liek that, also heard we have a financial Institution coming on board rumoured to be Metro Bank

We are negotiating for a further year with Visit Florida hence the delay I mentioned in my original post. Apparently our deal with them is one of the most lucrative in the league.
That's not what was said last year at all, was next to nothing as they are a not for profit company or something

They are not for profit and as I said above, are part state funded. They are a tourism board. That doesn't mean that the sponsorship isn't lucrative. Tourism companies spend large amounts of money on advertising and sponsorship abroad in order to attract tourists to the area.

I regularly go to networking events in west London and I chat with the commercial guys at the club quite often. They believe the deal we get with VF is one of the strongest in the league. It's just frustrating because they have to renegotiate annually and don't get sign off until VF's funding for the next year is agreed later in the summer.

That is interesting as they stepped in late last year when someone pulled out. I have heard that Metro Bank were coming in for certain, good deal for 3 years or so. If it is lucrative then good if it isnt then we should bin them and look for a longer term deal for the main shirt sponsor as that makes more sense. We could also put them, if the main shirt deal doesnt make financial sense) on the back of the short or on the shorts.

alexbishop

Quote from: westcliff white on July 12, 2016, 10:29:31 AM

That is interesting as they stepped in late last year when someone pulled out. I have heard that Metro Bank were coming in for certain, good deal for 3 years or so. If it is lucrative then good if it isnt then we should bin them and look for a longer term deal for the main shirt sponsor as that makes more sense. We could also put them, if the main shirt deal doesnt make financial sense) on the back of the short or on the shorts.

Well yes those were the rumours last year. But they were rumours. What I was told is that it was always going to be VF but the deal couldn't be finalised for the same reasons I stated above, until later in the summer. So the club had to keep it under wraps until they could do a big reveal of the new kit with VF as the sponsor when the sponsorhip documents completed. The kit had already been done and the promo videos filmed etc with VF as sponsor earlier in the summer in anticipation of the deal completing. Unfortunately channel 5 got a bit ahead of themselves broadcasting the video with the kit in. That really upset Fulham/VF as the sponsorship got revealed before official completion. Hence why the club had to try and cover their arse and pretend they were a temporary sponsor just in case the deal fell through.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

zander

Quote from: alexbishop on July 12, 2016, 11:06:54 AM

Well yes those were the rumours last year. But they were rumours. What I was told is that it was always going to be VF but the deal couldn't be finalised for the same reasons I stated above, until later in the summer. So the club had to keep it under wraps until they could do a big reveal of the new kit with VF as the sponsor when the sponsorhip documents completed. The kit had already been done and the promo videos filmed etc with VF as sponsor earlier in the summer in anticipation of the deal completing. Unfortunately channel 5 got a bit ahead of themselves broadcasting the video with the kit in. That really upset Fulham/VF as the sponsorship got revealed before official completion. Hence why the club had to try and cover their arse and pretend they were a temporary sponsor just in case the deal fell through.

Visit Florida's marketing officer said the sponsorship was in the high six figures last year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2015/08/17/visit-floridas-sponsorship-of-fulham-f-c-deepens-florida-uk-ties/#727ed02069ec

westcliff white

Quote from: zander on July 12, 2016, 11:20:37 AM
Quote from: alexbishop on July 12, 2016, 11:06:54 AM

Visit Florida's marketing officer said the sponsorship was in the high six figures last year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kristidosh/2015/08/17/visit-floridas-sponsorship-of-fulham-f-c-deepens-florida-uk-ties/#727ed02069ec
High 6 figures in dollars I assume, I would have thought we could have got more but maybe our lack of progression hampered that. For me if you do a longe rperiod then the net yearly would be less than just offering a yearly deal. So from that point its a good deal, but then if they dont want to renew their yearly deal you weaken your hand with other potential suitors as they know your struggling. So for me a longer term deal makes sense

Riversider

And do we should have the best deal in the league, our sponsor gets seen by more people than any other team in the league !
A few pictures of Craven Cottage from the air have been posted on Twitter recently, and The Hammersmith End and The Putney End both have Visit Florida emblazoned across them whilest The Riverside Stand is entirely covered in a huge cartoon montage of all things Florida , Dolphins etc
Advertising space in London is worth a fortune and on top of our three stands we must have the most prestigious seen by tens of thousands of people around the clock every day of the year, if we can't sell the sponsorship of Fulham Football Club for top dollar then somebody at our club needs to go and find another means of employment.

Andy_M

Quote from: Riversider on July 12, 2016, 01:39:37 PM
And do we should have the best deal in the league, our sponsor gets seen by more people than any other team in the league !
A few pictures of Craven Cottage from the air have been posted on Twitter recently, and The Hammersmith End and The Putney End both have Visit Florida emblazoned across them whilest The Riverside Stand is entirely covered in a huge cartoon montage of all things Florida , Dolphins etc
Advertising space in London is worth a fortune and on top of our three stands we must have the most prestigious seen by tens of thousands of people around the clock every day of the year, if we can't sell the sponsorship of Fulham Football Club for top dollar then somebody at our club needs to go and find another means of employment.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think they would have gone through all the effort of having all that advertising put on the roofs of the stands if it was only to be a 1 year sponsorship deal.
@got_maile

westcliff white

Quote from: Andy_M on July 12, 2016, 02:42:40 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 12, 2016, 01:39:37 PM

My thoughts exactly. I don't think they would have gone through all the effort of having all that advertising put on the roofs of the stands if it was only to be a 1 year sponsorship deal.
its what their money pays for, as I club if thats the best deal i could get each year i would do it.

Friendsoffulham

Andy_M

Looks like our kit will be the same as Feyenoord's away shirt, but clearly white with red stripes across:

https://www.feyenoordfanshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/a/p/ap8051.jpg
@got_maile

rweller86

Looks like Northern Ireland away kit but with the black stripes and red across the top:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

rweller86

Also the date suggests a launch on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

zander

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 12, 2016, 03:49:04 PM

Good find. I cant see any trace of it on the clubs various accounts.