News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can someone explain the Matt Smith situation ?

Started by howitis, July 10, 2016, 10:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

Seems to be getting good time in the team in pre-season and actually is making the most of it.

I think he's a decent forward really, just needs managers faith to give him a run in the team. He's more than just a target man, really good with the ball at his feet too which many overlook.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ffc73

Quote from: Andy S on July 11, 2016, 08:48:47 AM
Totally agree. Smith is only an alternative for me as he seems a bit like a one trick pony who can only jump and head a ball. OK he has scored a few with his feet but he makes us one dimensional

I don't see Smith as an alternative at all as he is ponderously slow and more often than not fails to link play up as a target man or hit the target

epsomraver

Reading comments on here makes me realise why a lot don't bother coming on here anymore, slag off a player who most have never seen play for more than 5 minutes if at all. :dead horse:

@jolslover

Quote from: epsomraver on July 11, 2016, 11:39:15 AM
Reading comments on here makes me realise why a lot don't bother coming on here anymore, slag off a player who most have never seen play for more than 5 minutes if at all. :dead horse:

Season ticket holder and do most aways that I can get too.
Seen upwards of 900 minutes of him live (not counting pre-season games) playing for Fulham, Thats more than 10 games worth. More than enough to formulate an opinion on a player that in all honesty isnt that good.
STH H3

3rd attempt to register!

I think we get Matt Smith is a marmite player, and neither side is going to budge on that. What I don't get is this misconception that when/if he plays we play route one football, but when he's not in the team we play some kind of 'pretty' football. What is this different football we play because I haven't seen it?

MJG

Quote from: 3rd attempt to register! on July 11, 2016, 02:14:53 PM
I think we get Matt Smith is a marmite player, and neither side is going to budge on that. What I don't get is this misconception that when/if he plays we play route one football, but when he's not in the team we play some kind of 'pretty' football. What is this different football we play because I haven't seen it?
there was a distinct change in style whenever he has played. Balls from back become diagonal and direct. he runs to opposite of pitch to the ball to receive those type of deliveries.
Not Im not saying hes rubbish or that we could and should play a different way than that. But it happens.
Summed up for me in one game where I tweeted prior to kick off that it would be kick off...ball to Hutchinson and long ball forward. And of course that's exactly what went ahead.

Its players mentality...see big man up front hit it at him.