more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Supermac

Started by cmg, August 04, 2016, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/august/04/supermacs-preview

Nice article from Malcolm Macdonald, a hero of both sides.
He'll be in a bar named after him (among others) at St James's Park with a thousand Geordies, but he'll be supporting Fulham! Typical of the bloke.

Born within one of his long throw distance from CC, one of the game's greatest goalscorers, one of our very best managers. Good old Fulham - we only sacked him twice!

Bill2

One of my claim to associated fame is that I knew him before he played pro football and when he lived opposite Bishops Park, even played football with him. Why did we sack him, rhetorical question.

Two Ton Ted

A total disgrace when Ernie Clay sacked him. He achieved miracles on a shoestring and the club never backed him in the transfer market.

If only he was allowed to sign Andy Thomas we could have got that point we needed to go up. 
Never ever bloody anything ever.

filham

One of our great strikers and best managers. Always feel that for some reason we never treated him as well as we should have.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes you are all absolutely right. A great player and a great manager. It's a shame it ended the way it did. ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woodlawn

A good manager & player for us, unfortunately had marital problems & a problem with the bottle during his spell as manager.

cmg

Quote from: Woodlawn on August 04, 2016, 01:31:22 PM
A good manager & player for us, unfortunately had marital problems & a problem with the bottle during his spell as manager.

HaHa! 'Problems with the bottle' That would have curtailed the careers of some of the greatest managers in the game. Including some of our own. :wine: :beer:
          'Matital problems' Ditto. Ditto (probably the same one, boyo!) :dft011:
                                     I any case (and I know that was the reason given at the time) I don't see what it has to do with the Club. Unless they were doing it on the pitch at half-time. In which case I'm sure we would have noticed. Especially as half-time was only ten minutes in those days.

Woodlawn

Left his wife & 5 kids for another woman (sounds deja vu) of another of our managers, Took a pub in Worthing and called it The Far Post , not the most sensible thing but the bottle won. I also played football in bishops Park with him when he lived in Finlay St.

Sir Alec of good Stock

A great man manager, but it's important not to forget Ray Harford's coaching ability. Sometimes the right people with very different skills come together and it works well. One without the other probably wouldn't have.

Two Ton Ted

Of course Ray took over as manager and he wasn't successful at all.

Clay selling the family silver didn't help him though.
Never ever bloody anything ever.