watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pre Season Prediction Survey ***RESULTS ARE IN***

Started by MJG, July 31, 2016, 08:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Great response from everyone. I'm now at 589, would be nice to get over last years figure which was in the early 600's.

MJG

nose

the results are interesting
I have no comment rather just an observation that 47.3% of respondents are season ticket holders but only 39% expect to see between 19 and 23 home games. I think that is extraordinary that (if i have done the maths correctly) that 18% of season ticket holders expect to see less than 80% of home games (and that assumes all the people in the top category are in fact season ticket holders and that is probably not true).
As a season ticket holder i plan to see every game but think I will miss the odd one or two but only seeing 80% is really interesting.

what is also interesting to me is that there is no proper concensus as to where we think we will finish save that mid to top half has clearly more votes. Bearing in mind most of us tend to be over optimistic at the start of a new campaign I wonder if lower third is actually more likely. Personally i found that as the hardest question to answer because I actually do not feel with such a changed squad AND I think a few more yet to arrive it is virtually impossible to be certain.

fulhamben

Which nutter put Malone as best signing. Got to be a wind up surely, unless Malone voted for himself
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: nose on August 04, 2016, 12:43:08 PM
I have no comment rather just an observation that 47.3% of respondents are season ticket holders but only 39% expect to see between 19 and 23 home games. I think that is extraordinary that (if i have done the maths correctly) that 18% of season ticket holders expect to see less than 80% of home games (and that assumes all the people in the top category are in fact season ticket holders and that is probably not true).
As a season ticket holder i plan to see every game but think I will miss the odd one or two but only seeing 80% is really interesting.

what is also interesting to me is that there is no proper concensus as to where we think we will finish save that mid to top half has clearly more votes. Bearing in mind most of us tend to be over optimistic at the start of a new campaign I wonder if lower third is actually more likely. Personally i found that as the hardest question to answer because I actually do not feel with such a changed squad AND I think a few more yet to arrive it is virtually impossible to be certain.
When I compare the ST and games questions to last years its very similar. The main diffeence is there seems to be less members who answered the question this time.
As for where to finish, 54% say 8th or above which is less than last season. And its 75% for 10th and above which I believe we should get at worst given the makeup of team atm.

nose

Quote from: MJG on August 04, 2016, 01:02:10 PM
Quote from: nose on August 04, 2016, 12:43:08 PM

When I compare the ST and games questions to last years its very similar. The main diffeence is there seems to be less members who answered the question this time.
As for where to finish, 54% say 8th or above which is less than last season. And its 75% for 10th and above which I believe we should get at worst given the makeup of team atm.

that's also interesting.