watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad as it stands and their contract lengths

Started by MJG, July 25, 2016, 08:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Here is the first team squad plus key youngsters and their contract lengths.

Notable by how many options we have on extending by a year.

FulhamStu

At first viewing, what I like about this is that the longer contracted players are generally the better ones and a good number of those in the final year are those with less value to the club.

fulhamben

should we be worried by the kids, or are they covered in that can only offer contracts at certain times for them.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2016, 08:36:47 AM
should we be worried by the kids, or are they covered in that can only offer contracts at certain times for them.
Exactly this.
Can not offer a pro contract till 17 and then a max of 3 years. When hit 18 then they can have another 3 year full contract added.
Not known very well but there are different contract rules for younger players between the PL and Championship teams. FL rules are much tighter on length of contracts.

Black, White and Fred

Smith, Tunnicliffe, LVC and Grimmer are the only ones I really want to extend. Definitely sign up  Sessegnon when of age.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

fulhamben

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on July 25, 2016, 09:38:58 AM
Smith, Tunnicliffe, LVC and Grimmer are the only ones I really want to extend. Definitely sign up  Sessegnon when of age.
humphrys should be extended too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Two Ton Ted

considering Grimmer, Bodorov, Kavanagh, Mattila and Cole could well be off/won't feature much, that's a very small squad for a 46 game season. 4 of them are goalkeepers!

I'd say we need at least another 5 first team ready experienced players coming in before we can we even think about competing this season.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Carborundum

Timely and informative analysis thanks MJG.  Think we need three or four more in.

From here, I can see three paths.

1 We don't make more signings, just the odd loan or two.  Trouble lies ahead very soon.

2 We make "squad-filling" signings. Trouble lies ahead, might take longer to materialise.

3 We make quality signings.  Buckle up for an exciting season.

Time will tell.  It's rational to only spend big after the more cost-effective business is done.  So I feel entitled to some hope, however delusional that may be.

Granted, it's not always easy to tell a quality signing from a squad filler.  My son would make a pronouncement based on FIFA 16 player stats.  My rule of thumb is that if the club somehow let it be known that "we have been following Player X for a long while", then he is definitely a squad-filler that they are feeling defensive about.  Zverotic was a textbook example.

Porthogs FC

We should join this thread with the positional contract expiration thread. Mods, can this be done? Also, it might be worth a sticky? I know as someone who checks this forum every day I would check a sticky like that on a daily basis.