Main Menu

Another week, Another attack

Started by Fulham Tup North, July 22, 2016, 06:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

fp.gif Unclear yet who or why, but what is wrong with the world :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

PokerMatt

The usual suspects being nutjobs, I wrongly assume you mean.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham Tup North

Eight people have been killed so far.  Sad day for Munich  :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Sgt Fulham

I'm almost desensitised to it now. Instead of 'oh, 8 people gunned down, how awful' it's now 'well at least it was only 8' in an extremely sad way.

jarv

My son flew from Boston to London this morning. The plan is a few days in London (staying with his mate who works for Fulham) then a 3 day stag do in Seville with a bunch of lads.... I couldn't be more worried. Great fun when you are young but can come at a price these days.

WayneKerrins

Quote from: jarv on July 22, 2016, 10:27:24 PM
My son flew from Boston to London this morning. The plan is a few days in London (staying with his mate who works for Fulham) then a 3 day stag do in Seville with a bunch of lads.... I couldn't be more worried. Great fun when you are young but can come at a price these days.

Not in any an anti American post but he is statistically a lot, lot, lot less likely to be shot or murdered over here than in the US.

Wingnut

Quote from: Statto on July 22, 2016, 06:34:42 PM
i'm sure it will soon be confirmed it's the usual suspects behind it

Not so sure. The gunman was heard shouting that he is German. May very well be an attack by the far right.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

jarv

Absolutely right Wayne. However, Boston is one of the safest places in USA. It does of course have its seedy areas but you dont go there.

Lighthouse

Cowards are cowards. For whatever perverted reason they may have. They are still the lowest of the low. Give an ape a gun and put him in a crowd of women and children and he will shoot somebody. Only an ape would drop the gun because of the noise. A coward runs away of kills himself.

The only thing is people will start blaming all sorts of things from religion to politics, But the truth is the only thing to blame is human cowardice.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WayneKerrins

Quote from: jarv on July 22, 2016, 10:38:37 PM
Absolutely right Wayne. However, Boston is one of the safest places in USA. It does of course have its seedy areas but you dont go there.

Love the US. Lived in Chester County PA for a couple of years.  Agree that total stats don't show the concentration of gun crime in deprived areas. That said even living in a leafy east coast Toll Bros development you're still more at risk than being over here just because of gun proliferation. All the best anyway mate.

Holders

A sad day for Munich, a town of which I have fond memories and hope to revisit.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Snibbo

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 22, 2016, 11:34:47 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 22, 2016, 09:49:44 PM
Eight people have been killed so far.  Sad day for Munich  :(

A rare (ahem), attack from a follower of the religion of peace perhaps????
or perhaps not.

I think the main qualification for the perpetrator of any such attack is a mental illness issue. Any other characteristics or loyalties are subordinate to that.

Over here, in Australia, the biggest massacre was by a young, blue eyed, blond haired Aussie, in Port Arthur. And there was the Anders Breivik massacre in Norway. Did you remark on all of the followers of whatever religion they were?

Enough, this is a football forum is it not.