Dembele doesnt score for Celtic again

Started by sunburywhite, July 23, 2016, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2016, 11:42:44 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on July 24, 2016, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2016, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: Ron91 on July 24, 2016, 06:40:39 PM
I personally wish him the best, the sad reality is that Celtic are a step up from us (Champions League). I think we will be better without him and i have watched him in a Celtic shirt and i think Ross might have made him look better than he is.

I would never have thought Celtic we're a step up from us, what ever gave you that idea. On the contrary their League program is easier than my Sunday morning outfits League program.

I wish Dembele' well and hope he proves to be the as great as many seem to think he is.  However I have to agree with Ron on both of his points. 

First point - I do think Celtic are a step up if for the only reason of playing in the Champions League.  Dembele' would never have gotten that kind of exposure playing with FFC in our current state.  One could also argue that Celtic are a bigger club do to world recognition from playing in the Champions League.  This is probably even more true now that FFC plays in the Championship. 

Second point - I also think Ross probably made Dembele' look better then is.  I lost count of how many times Dembele' got the ball at his feet and lost it under pressure or from trying to hard at being fancy.  Too me Dembele' is notorious for taking to many touches especially in the final third.  Dembele' feed off Ross by being in the right place at the right time.  Credit to him for that.  In the end though Dembele' in my mind was just a good poacher that liked to play a high line and needs a strong playmaker partner to help him. 

I have to say that I cannot agree with your observations on the basis that Celtic get a free pass almost every year into the Qualifying Round of the Champions League, all because they play in a League that has very little challenge, no disrespect to all the other teams who are handicapped from the very first match each season. Celtics only claim to fame is qualifying from a mediocre League. The championship alone is a bigger challenge, bigger crowds more competition a midweek match to add to the workload, no match is easy, whether it's Bristol City or Sheffield Wednesday, more risk of injury due to the volume of matches, plus larger squads are needed. It's a picnic up there in comparison, that's why Patrick Roberts found it easy to adjust. Plus Mousa was playing with better players at Fulham, hence the reason he scored the amount of goals he did. It's much more competive in the English Championship.
However, all the evidence points to the fact that Celtic are just a big fish in a small pond. That's not neccessary their fault, but it is a fact. Although I understand where you are coming from. Nevertheless, with your permission I have to disagree.
Thank you and Goodnight. 
yes, you could join the league of wales if you just want champs qualifying football. that said they should have a decent europa run when they drop into it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

J

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2016, 11:42:44 PM
Quote from: love4ffc on July 24, 2016, 09:31:05 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2016, 07:44:59 PM
Quote from: Ron91 on July 24, 2016, 06:40:39 PM
I personally wish him the best, the sad reality is that Celtic are a step up from us (Champions League). I think we will be better without him and i have watched him in a Celtic shirt and i think Ross might have made him look better than he is.

I would never have thought Celtic we're a step up from us, what ever gave you that idea. On the contrary their League program is easier than my Sunday morning outfits League program.

I wish Dembele' well and hope he proves to be the as great as many seem to think he is.  However I have to agree with Ron on both of his points. 

First point - I do think Celtic are a step up if for the only reason of playing in the Champions League.  Dembele' would never have gotten that kind of exposure playing with FFC in our current state.  One could also argue that Celtic are a bigger club do to world recognition from playing in the Champions League.  This is probably even more true now that FFC plays in the Championship. 

Second point - I also think Ross probably made Dembele' look better then is.  I lost count of how many times Dembele' got the ball at his feet and lost it under pressure or from trying to hard at being fancy.  Too me Dembele' is notorious for taking to many touches especially in the final third.  Dembele' feed off Ross by being in the right place at the right time.  Credit to him for that.  In the end though Dembele' in my mind was just a good poacher that liked to play a high line and needs a strong playmaker partner to help him. 

I have to say that I cannot agree with your observations on the basis that Celtic get a free pass almost every year into the Qualifying Round of the Champions League, all because they play in a League that has very little challenge, no disrespect to all the other teams who are handicapped from the very first match each season. Celtics only claim to fame is qualifying from a mediocre League. The championship alone is a bigger challenge, bigger crowds more competition a midweek match to add to the workload, no match is easy, whether it's Bristol City or Sheffield Wednesday, more risk of injury due to the volume of matches, plus larger squads are needed. It's a picnic up there in comparison, that's why Patrick Roberts found it easy to adjust. Plus Mousa was playing with better players at Fulham, hence the reason he scored the amount of goals he did. It's much more competive in the English Championship.
However, all the evidence points to the fact that Celtic are just a big fish in a small pond. That's not neccessary their fault, but it is a fact. Although I understand where you are coming from. Nevertheless, with your permission I have to disagree.
Thank you and Goodnight. 

I've said similar to this before about roberts, but i really don't get why people are bagging dembele for moving to celtic.

Yes the championship is more competitive, but do you really learn more as a player scrapping away at the bottom trying not to lose rather than learning the pressures of needing to win week in week out, like you would at a spell at celtic? Their average attendance is 46k, not sure how you make that a smaller crowd!

Of course if Messi or Ronaldo etc. moved to scotland in their prime it would be a daft move, but for a young developing player it is hardly the same thing doing a spell up there.

And the fact that they get a "free" pass into champions league doesn't stop it being potentially valuable experience for players. Would you say that Benefica, Olympiacos, Shaktar Donetsk etc. are all teams not worth playing for either??

Dembele certainly has much to prove if he is going to be a top player, and yes it is a bit crappy we didn't get more of a fee for him going, but there are plenty of justifiable reasons for him going down that path.

filham

Yes, Dembele is missing the service that Ross provided already.

sunburywhite

substituted after 62 mins

Another blank to his name
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

Quote from BBC

Dembele struggled to make an impact in attack for Celtic
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

cmg

Tenacious tackling by Pat Roberts (I kid you not) creates equaliser for Celtic!

Celtic look pretty poor all-round.
Defence tried to make Dembele feel at home by standing around in penalty area while tall bloke headed in direct from corner.

Roberts only touch of Celtic class but, as we know, is too lightweight to do much on his own.

sunburywhite

16:58
Richard Wilson
BBC Scotland

"Moussa Dembele isn't working right now and that's an issue for Brendan Rodgers."

Mince n Tatties

Actually good resut out there,they are unbeaten at home
In Ch League.Galatasaray, Benfica and Atletico Madrid
Couldnt win there.

sunburywhite

Another day another dollar

Not good enough to start against Barcelona, only came on for the second half but managed to rack up his sixth game without a goal

Mind you looks like Roberts had a very good game

Perhaps Dembele will in a years time

fulhamben

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 30, 2016, 09:54:33 PM
Another day another dollar

Not good enough to start against Barcelona, only came on for the second half but managed to rack up his sixth game without a goal

Mind you looks like Roberts had a very good game

Perhaps Dembele will in a years time
I could score 20 goals for celtic in the league. He will be alright once the spl starts
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

copthornemike

Looks like he has scored a last minute winner to get Celtic into the next round of the Champions league

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

snarks

Really don't wish him ill, like Roberts and Hyndman I want them all to succeed, hopefully he now goes on to score a few.

EN1 FFC

Quote from: snarks on August 04, 2016, 07:35:36 AM
Really don't wish him ill, like Roberts and Hyndman I want them all to succeed, hopefully he now goes on to score a few.

Everytime I see those 3 names mentioned I see the missed opportunity to build a new young spine of a team. It's probably a bit of everything why they didn't want to stay (Agents, Money, Ambtion, Disillusioned). But it has to boil down to Mike Rigg as CFO not being able to entice them through money or vision to stay with us and be our future.

snarks

Quote from: S-Blocker on August 04, 2016, 08:57:46 AM
Quote from: snarks on August 04, 2016, 07:35:36 AM

Everytime I see those 3 names mentioned I see the missed opportunity to build a new young spine of a team. It's probably a bit of everything why they didn't want to stay (Agents, Money, Ambtion, Disillusioned). But it has to boil down to Mike Rigg as CFO not being able to entice them through money or vision to stay with us and be our future.

I think relegation finished their links with the club. Hyndman will be better in the Prem because of his size and build, Roberts was just the wrong age when Fuham were relegated. Dembele im the most disappointed in that he chose to leave. Yes it's a missed chance to have players of that level playing for the club, but it comes down to relegation from the Prem rather than anything else.

Bill2

Have to say I am not too bothered about Dembele, good luck to him and he is playing in the Champions League, something he would never have done at Fulham. It is Roberts I am watching as he is English, I forecast big things for him and likened him to Messi when I saw him in the under 18's and he seems to be playing well at Celtic and hopefully gets a chance at City then England.

sunburywhite

Well another half slips by and he still hasn't scored (apart from the penalty)

cmg

Just watching some of the Hearts v Celtic match.
Scrappy but exciting enough.
Roberts out injured.
Dembele looks OK, as normal, doing his man for pace but still having a bit of trouble with his control. Plenty of Jocks about, but looks like he might be missing one in particular.

One thing that might make him feel at home is the old Main Stand at Tynecastle. An Archibald Leitch design and a dead ringer for our own JH but without the gable. Was he the only bloke designing football stands in the early 20th century?

I believe that Haynes himself was a follower of Hearts in his final Edinburgh years.