watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad Numbers

Started by Chutney, August 02, 2016, 03:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

for me numbers mean nothing, many a keeper hasn't had number 1 and been picked every game
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Chutney on August 02, 2016, 05:40:43 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 02, 2016, 04:12:59 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on August 02, 2016, 03:59:12 PM
We have a very thin squad, and this just proves we need additions.

GKs: Bettinelli, Button, Joronen, Rodak
RBs: Fredericks, Odoi
LBs: Malone, Sessegnon
CBs: Stearman, Ream, Madl, Kalas
RMs: Cairney
LMs: Ayite
CMs: McDonald, Parker, Tunnicliffe, LVC
STs: Smith, Woodrow, Aluko, McCormack

It depends what is meant by 'thin'.

I would rather have 16-18 players that are realistic 'first choice' quality rather than the very large squad such as we had last year where many were much of a muchness.

A couple more players who improve the quality would seem to be needed. Three or four, as Slavisa hopes for, would be a significant step up.

We need a left back, Malone is rubbish, albeit cheaper rubbish wage wise than Richards. Sessegnon looks fantastic but at his age a full season in the championship could leave him jaded by December.

Odoi can play there, but that leaves the right side bare bones with fredericks and Kalas.
Odoi described himself as a right footed left back in his offal video. I also think Auko can play left and right as well. I think we will play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 so think he and Ayite will spend a lot of time wide this season. Although Aluko can and has been doing well as the number 10

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 02, 2016, 05:46:48 PM

I would rather have 16-18 players that are realistic 'first choice' quality rather than the very large squad such as we had last year where many were much of a muchness.

A couple more players who improve the quality would seem to be needed. Three or four, as Slavisa hopes for, would be a significant step up.

We need a left back, Malone is rubbish, albeit cheaper rubbish wage wise than Richards. Sessegnon looks fantastic but at his age a full season in the championship could leave him jaded by December.

Odoi can play there, but that leaves the right side bare bones with fredericks and Kalas.
Odoi described himself as a right footed left back in his offal video. I also think Auko can play left and right as well. I think we will play 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 so think he and Ayite will spend a lot of time wide this season. Although Aluko can and has been doing well as the number 10
the offal had us down as 4411 against palace, and that's how I expect us to line up against the toon
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2016, 05:48:10 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 02, 2016, 05:46:48 PM

the offal had us down as 4411 against palace, and that's how I expect us to line up against the toon
we could do given the overall squad right now and I probably agree with you. I do think we will end up as 4-3-3 given SJ's history of formations at previous clubs

ealex40

Squad number 25 not used.

This is also Steve Mounie's number at his present club. Cannot see this coming up during an interview.

Jamie88

Quote from: ealex40 on August 02, 2016, 06:05:00 PM
Squad number 25 not used.

This is also Steve Mounie's number at his present club. Cannot see this coming up during an interview.

Wouldn't read too much into that at the moment, we have a hell of a lot of vacant squad numbers!

cmg

760496480482320384[/tweet]][/url]

Short clip of traing at MP today.
Nothing much to be learned:
No sign of Mr McC - unless he's in one of those big bags the training assistants are seen lugging about.
Jokanovic looks sharp and ready to start in DM if necessary.
The new training facility is bloody enormous. I thought, on first sight, that they'd put the new Riverside in the wrong place.

Chesh

Quote from: cmg on August 02, 2016, 06:14:19 PM
Jokanovic looks sharp and ready to start in DM if necessary.
It's another one of his strong hints
:005:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

FulhamElite

Am disappointed more youngsters weren't given squad numbers, especially those that featured heavily in pre-season - namely Humphreys, de la Torre, Edun, Adeniran and Walker. Also noticed Kait, who was given a number towards the end of last season, didn't feature in pre-season and hasn't been assigned a number.

Barrett487

Whilst squad numbers aren't that relevant imo, it seems strange that Ryan Sessegnon isn't list on the offal squad profile lists for first, u23, or u18 teams.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/player-profiles

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2016, 10:53:25 AM
Who will wear the number 44 shirt

Whatever 44 year old freebie we sign to replace him

Nero

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2016, 10:53:25 AM
Who will wear the number 44 shirt

Well it the same as my waist size,

MJG

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 03, 2016, 10:30:37 AM
Whilst squad numbers aren't that relevant imo, it seems strange that Ryan Sessegnon isn't list on the offal squad profile lists for first, u23, or u18 teams.

Or that Jack grimmer is all the training videos over last two days.

Anyway those pages will be updated following the new Kit and profile photos being done.

Barrett487

Quote from: MJG on August 03, 2016, 11:00:06 AM

Anyway those pages will be updated following the new Kit and profile photos being done.

I have no doubt of that Mike, but Button, Ayite, Aluko, Odoi, Malone, Kalas and McD are all there. I'm sure it's in hand.

Oddly enough, Grimmer's shown as squad number 26 on the profile page, a number given to Kalas, with Grimmer now missing from the official squad number list.  Have i missed something regarding Jack?

MJG

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 03, 2016, 11:33:32 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 03, 2016, 11:00:06 AM

I have no doubt of that Mike, but Button, Ayite, Aluko, Odoi, Malone, Kalas and McD are all there. I'm sure it's in hand.

Oddly enough, Grimmer's shown as squad number 26 on the profile page, a number given to Kalas, with Grimmer now missing from the official squad number list.  Have i missed something regarding Jack?
He has been injured, but now hes also in the training videos as i said. maybe nowhere near the squad SJ wants but clearly training.
Lots of numbers available ;-)

Two Ton Ted

It's very thin because once you take away the 4 keepers, and the more fragile players (Fredericks - out for 2 months, Parker, LVC) and the "are they really up to it" players (Smith, Tunnicliffe) Then there's not a lot of substance.

We need 5 players who are good enough to start every week before the 1st Sept.
Never ever bloody anything ever.