alexmur

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2016, 05:20:59 PM
Quote from: alexmur on August 02, 2016, 05:19:08 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2016, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: alexmur on August 02, 2016, 05:14:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2016, 05:12:52 PM
Quote from: alexmur on August 02, 2016, 05:11:36 PM
Quote from: Patrick on August 02, 2016, 03:28:36 PM
I will defer judgement on the transfers/Khan's promises/Joka's capabilities until November 1st....by then things should be very clear indeed....
could not agree more 10 games is when I'll start pointing fingers if needs be, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

yes, ive been impressed with acquisitions so far. ross money might just bring in some real quality
I hope we use the ross money on mounie and few others

cant say ive ever seen him play. but if he looks as good as alyite alunko and odoi do then we cant go far wrong
if he is half as good as his YouTube clip he will be a very good addition

are we even linked to him?
yes, if you believe the rumors

colinwhite

I share the frustartion of the Op as i am sure many others also do. The `Grenn light `and ´whatever it takes` are big statements and need to backed up by big actions . There has been no sign of real intent although slavisa clearly has agood eye for a player with the signings we have made. As yet he hasnt been given the full backing that he clearly wants ,and Mr Khan has stated that he thinks he is is worth.
Th Macormack thing is another issue and he has carried on in the same way at his last 4 clubs , so although I like him as a player,I will be glad to see the back of him and feel the same amount of loyalty towards him that he has shown the club. I just feel as though he is taking the micky and should be sold, but not because we are just going to cash in,but because the uncetainty of his situation has now become a joke.. The real crunch is going to come if all the money from a potential sale is not immediately reinvested .Then Khan totally loses my faith too.
Its still abit too early to totally agree with you OP,but I am not far off  feeling the same.
We want action !

terryr

We haven't been lied too
The transfer window is still open
AFTER it closes will be the time to comment

alfie

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 02, 2016, 03:22:08 PM
"Whatever it takes" is what was said by our current owner.

Fact or not, it was definitely quoted, I see/read it, so have others, yet I feel we're being lied to once again.

I understand that FFP has to be taken into consideration, but to be honest, most of the ambitious sides in the Championship who want promotion, are willing to splash the cash. Even Brighton are willing to spend 6M on Alex Pritchard, who I think will be an outstanding buy at this level.

Unlike others, I'm finished supporting our current owner, who doesn't show any ambition towards FFC, yet only ups the tempo with false statements around about the time of season ticket sales. We all know that his firstand only love is the Jags, and I'm really baffled as to why he even owns us.

Once again, we're scouting the market for free transfers, bargain bucket players, and are penny pinching over potential targets.

Yet again, no doubt I'll get jumped on by the 'facts & Stats' gang for these comments, but I see no evidence so far of Shad Kahn doing 'Whatever it takes'.

4 days until Newcastle, a team that is still 3/4 players short of where it should be, no real investment made, and another ongoing saga surrounding Ross McCormack.

Some things will never change - nor will Shad Kahn.

Did MAF lie when he said he was going to make us Manchester United of the south?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2016, 05:53:43 PM

Fact or not, it was definitely quoted, I see/read it, so have others, yet I feel we're being lied to once again.

I understand that FFP has to be taken into consideration, but to be honest, most of the ambitious sides in the Championship who want promotion, are willing to splash the cash. Even Brighton are willing to spend 6M on Alex Pritchard, who I think will be an outstanding buy at this level.

Unlike others, I'm finished supporting our current owner, who doesn't show any ambition towards FFC, yet only ups the tempo with false statements around about the time of season ticket sales. We all know that his firstand only love is the Jags, and I'm really baffled as to why he even owns us.

Once again, we're scouting the market for free transfers, bargain bucket players, and are penny pinching over potential targets.

Yet again, no doubt I'll get jumped on by the 'facts & Stats' gang for these comments, but I see no evidence so far of Shad Kahn doing 'Whatever it takes'.

4 days until Newcastle, a team that is still 3/4 players short of where it should be, no real investment made, and another ongoing saga surrounding Ross McCormack.

Did MAF lie when he said he was going to make us Manchester United of the south?

Yes and 3 separate times he promised us a cottage expansion to 30 k
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Arthur on August 02, 2016, 05:44:24 PM

So the O.P. feels 'that we're being lied to once again'. As in here and now.

And yet the only reference he gives dates back some time - to the summer of 2014, I believe.

I understand that, to anyone who adjudges our Chairman's quote to be a lie, this will rankle every transfer window that we don't spend heavily. This, however, is not the same as 'being lied to again'. There is no new lie that is being told.

All the O.P. has done is re-heat yesterday's dinner.

Another of the 'stats & facts' gang. Bore off.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Arthur on August 02, 2016, 05:44:24 PM

So the O.P. feels 'that we're being lied to once again'. As in here and now.

And yet the only reference he gives dates back some time - to the summer of 2014, I believe.

I understand that, to anyone who adjudges our Chairman's quote to be a lie, this will rankle every transfer window that we don't spend heavily. This, however, is not the same as 'being lied to again'. There is no new lie that is being told.

All the O.P. has done is re-heat yesterday's dinner.

If you go back far enough you will find other similar statements about plans for the club made by the owner that can reasonably be interpreted in a certain positive way.

It is also fair to view the actions taken by the club following those statements to be inconsistent with those reasonable expectations that the owner had led us to believe. 

There is a history of misleading and evasive statements building, if you are not aware of them then you are not in full command of the facts. 

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2016, 06:46:22 PM
reluctant to agree with anyone who says things like "bore off" when confronted with anything vaguely resembling reality or reason...

. . . and someone who does not like stats. :005:

filham

Quote from: andersons11 on August 02, 2016, 05:04:03 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 02, 2016, 04:57:52 PM
Quote from: kempkong on August 02, 2016, 03:48:34 PM
What is your issue that he said it or does not appear to be following up on it.
what would you want him to say? His job as owner is to encourage fans to keep spending money and supporting the club (this is a business after all) "whatever it takes" obviously means to us that he will spend money and buy the players we need to get promoted but we have no idea what business we are trying to do and maybe getting knocked back. We did almost get relegated twice from this league so maybe players don't want to sign here. If he goes all in and spends silly money and we don't get promoted we get hit with sanctions (Newcastle don't need to worry about this as they are generating sales)
As for Brighton what have they signed in the last few years? They finished 3rd last year and obviously want to kick on and I imagine they got more money than is for finishing 3rd.
Finally we don't know if McCormack is off its all paper talk at the moment. This is just another doom and gloom post and I understand the frustration but we are not a premier league club anymore we are on current form a mid to bottom championship club. We need to accept it and "whatever it takes" has to be taken in this context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a ridiculous post !

As opposed to the OPs? Im not taking sides on this one, however both were written out well and provided an argument and counter argument.

And there I was thinking it was a reasonable post

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: alfie on August 02, 2016, 05:53:43 PM

MAF brought us up to the Premier League and facilitated our magical zenith, the Europa league final. Khan has got us consistently worse in his 3 year tenure.

Whenever Khan talks about us I think of the words 'sustainability' and 'mediocrity'. Sustainability often does not equate to success in football, and you see him spoiling the Jaguars over in the states. He seems to have no interest in our sport, let alone our club and doesn't seem serious about improving us. If that's the case then why on earth did he bother buying us? I'm sorry for all those who are willing to wait until the end of the transfer window, and I will happily eat my words if I'm proven wrong but I've been waiting 3 years for him to deliver on his promises and I'm still waiting. People can't still be saying that he has been let down by his advisers, the saying 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me' comes to mind - he's not an idiot, he's a billionaire for a reason! Even acting within FFP we should still have quite a sum to deal with given the sales of Stekelenberg, Mitroglou, Hyndman and the rest yet we always seem to cheap out. No idea where the Roberts and Ruiz money went. While usually I wouldn't be against selling Ross for £12-15m given his age I DO NOT trust the club and owner to reinvest the money. It is very clear by the manager's constant reference to needing more ambition and not having a complete squad yet that he isn't being given the budget that he feels he needs to create a squad capable of achieving the aim of promotion.

I don't mind which league we're in because somehow we always manage to be entertaining, even during the bad years, but in recent years the poor decision making and off the pitch nonsense has tainted the club for me. We all know that with better decision making we could be in a much better position, and that's frustrating. On top of these come the false promises which raise hopes (and short term season ticket sales) which is what bothers me most.

I'll end this on a bit of a positive. I think the club has done very well with the signings so far - Kalas, Odoi and Ayite look class, while Aluko looks very competent. The club has done well on a small budget but will never achieve the aim of promotion without more ambition from the owner.

Sorry for the jumbled rant, I'm tired in both senses.

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: Arthur on August 02, 2016, 07:13:29 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 02, 2016, 06:19:55 PM
If you go back far enough you will find other similar statements about plans for the club made by the owner that can reasonably be interpreted in a certain positive way.

It is also fair to view the actions taken by the club following those statements to be inconsistent with those reasonable expectations that the owner had led us to believe. 

There is a history of misleading and evasive statements building, if you are not aware of them then you are not in full command of the facts. 

You are addressing your remark to the wrong person; it is the O.P. to whom this should be directed.

I have merely pointed out that his harking back to a remark made two years ago makes his argument 'old hat'.

I assume that if he knew of a recent statement to support his claim, he would refer to it.

As you are aware of a number of 'misleading and evasive statements', it would help the O.P. if you quoted something current that reinforces his belief that 'we're being lied to again'.

Arthur,

I would like to remind you, that this is a footballing forum, a place where people come to discuss their footballing opinions, not a place where they have to constantly back up their opinions with facts or creditable statements.

The OP has not been misleading, nor should they have to provide you with factual information, just so it satisfies your level of beliefs.

Please debate reasonably, or not at all.

fcfulham55

The bottom line is, Shahid Khan you're a lying ****. We want our club back or in the hands of someone who gives a ****
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Funky Fulham Dave

The riverside stand while wonderful on paper was nothing more than a vanity project, a pipe dream to impress and raise false hope among supporters. And no amount of cosy chitchats between Fulham fans representatives and the club will change people's opinions to that.

FFC even clouded the issue by getting in the people - (Thomas Heatherwick) whose egotistical idea of the idiotic London Garden Bridge which has by the way seen nearly forty million pounds of public money wasted on this crackpot scheme – to revise the approved FFC Riverside Stand design.

The amount of preparatory work required to the foreshore and surrounding area around the Riverside Stand before any above ground work could have even started would have been colossal and been clearly noticeable to anyone and everyone. There was none.

It has been common knowledge among many people for some time now that the new Riverside Stand is little more than a fantasy. But you must admit it would have looked lovely. 

you lucky people

sorry, but I don't agree, we've signed 8 players as of now, they may not be £5m price tags but pre-season has been a success, Jokanovic obviously wants more signings and is saying so at every opportunity. The team looks just that, a team, Ryan Sessegnon has been sensational and has earned himself a Squad shirt. What's not to like?
'Remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean, cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.'

bill taylors apprentice

You are addressing your remark to the wrong person; it is the O.P. to whom this should be directed.

I have merely pointed out that his harking back to a remark made two years ago makes his argument 'old hat'.

I assume that if he knew of a recent statement to support his claim, he would refer to it.

As you are aware of a number of 'misleading and evasive statements', it would help the O.P. if you quoted something current that reinforces his belief that 'we're being lied to again'.

Oh no I'm not !

As you've been told elsewhere contributors don't have to provide fact upon fact to back up their posts but if you had your wits about you you would be aware of the owners bold statement at 12.30 on the 27th April 2016 when he promised a team capable of promotion and the aim was promotion.

And before anyone starts pulling Khans words apart and trying to make out it proves nothing let me remind you nobody put a gun to his head and made him say that and while no one can guarantee promotion those words don't match whats happened so far.

This thread has become the most unpleasant that I can remember.

It has become a place for those with extreme negative opinions where they offer, if any, one sided views such as listing all the bad purchases but ignore the good.

Responses that try to engage are dismissed as wanting 'stats and facts' as though that would be bizarre in a discussion or just abuse such as "bore off".

Is this what FoF is supposed to offer? Is this to be the new norm?

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 02, 2016, 10:21:40 PM

Oh no I'm not !

As you've been told elsewhere contributors don't have to provide fact upon fact to back up their posts but if you had your wits about you you would be aware of the owners bold statement at 12.30 on the 27th April 2016 when he promised a team capable of promotion and the aim was promotion.

And before anyone starts pulling his words apart and trying to make out it proves nothing let me remind you nobody put a gun to his head and made him say that and while no one can guarantee promotion those words don't match whats happened so far.

And you are telling us now for certain that this team or the one at the end of the transfer window is not capable of promotion?

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 02, 2016, 10:26:08 PM

Oh no I'm not !

And before anyone starts pulling his words apart and trying to make out it proves nothing let me remind you nobody put a gun to his head and made him say that and while no one can guarantee promotion those words don't match whats happened so far.

And you are telling us now for certain that this team or the one at the end of the transfer window is not capable of promotion?

I'm telling you now for certain the team/squad is not capable of putting together a promotion season.
I'm Ok with that as long as we are competitive and finish top half, but its not what we've been promised.
If quality signings happen before the window closes I will eat my hat, dance on the table for joy and admit I was wrong!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 02, 2016, 10:26:08 PM

Oh no I'm not !

Here we go again, you just can't accept someone's opinion can you? You have to highlight in bold words 'for certain' as if the poster has to prove to you that we won't get promoted. Once again, who cares, it's his opinion, he's entitled to it, if we go up we go up, if we don't we don't.

And yes, you're a bore, just like your little whinge above, about how this thread is the worst you've ever seen, And this the fof way, you're so overdramatic it's unreal.   

Asotosyios

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2016, 06:46:22 PM
reluctant to agree with anyone who says things like "bore off" when confronted with anything vaguely resembling reality or reason... but i do agree with the OP on this

IMO the lack of commitment this summer, both off the pitch (riverside stand) and on it, is hugely significant. historically i've thought khan was willing to bring us success, but just unable to do it (ie a well intentioned idiot). now i'm beginning to think he's neither willing nor able

as i've said on several other threads, i wouldn't be surprised to find out that he's not even been putting in the amount permitted by FFP, which i think most of us had assumed he was until now

that would explain why he's been banging on about "sustainability" all along... Code for the club paying its own way without his backing

1. Absolutely nothing wrong with sustainability
2. The permitted loss under FFP is not necessarily made up by the difference in the money paid/received for transfers

Just my 2 cents