watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Odoi

Started by The Rock, August 05, 2016, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

MOTM for me. Breath of fresh air. Smith a close second. The cheeky ball off the back in the ~ 70th minute before beating 4 Newcastle players down the right side and maintaining possession was pure class. So far so good on him.

Feels like ages since we've had a proper winger as well.

Barrett487

Hang on Rock.... are you being positive? Things must be good!

rusty shackleford

He started a little shaky and probably will have those moments defensively but what an attacking performance. That back flick was something else. He will be the biz against the weaker sides

JoelH5

Got to be Aluko. He was everywhere on the pitch and always wanted the ball. Was a constant outlet! Amazing performance
I was there, standing in the Putney end

PokerMatt

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 05, 2016, 09:49:23 PM
Got to be Aluko. He was everywhere on the pitch and always wanted the ball. Was a constant outlet! Amazing performance

I'm going with Aluko too. A type of player we've really lacked in recent years and the type of player who can stop a team pushing up the field against you.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

..Kya.ffc..

Had to find his feet in 1st half but in second he was absolutely super. He looking like a gem of a player.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: The Rock on August 05, 2016, 09:46:18 PM
MOTM for me. Breath of fresh air. Smith a close second. The cheeky ball off the back in the ~ 70th minute before beating 4 Newcastle players down the right side and maintaining possession was pure class. So far so good on him.

Thought they were two of the worst to be honest. Odoi excellent late on, but was very average the first 60 minutes. Smith is just a touch too slow for my liking. Brilliant header, but it was just about the only one he won. If he's winning headers on a regular basis, he can be very useful, but he can't hold up play and he isn't any help on the break.

McDonald and Madl were class. Aluko and Ayite very good. Button solid. Malone good. Again, Odoi played brilliant the last 20 minutes or so, but suspect early on. Maybe some nerves/miscommunication, and for me, Smith, though getting the goal, shouldn't be starting. He's a player you throw on in the 75th when you need a goal.

tommy

I loved him throughout. His Ronaldo touch off his back was genius

Mince n Tatties

Thought Ayite just shaded it as mom.

The Rock

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 05, 2016, 10:03:58 PM

Thought they were two of the worst to be honest. Odoi excellent late on, but was very average the first 60 minutes. Smith is just a touch too slow for my liking. Brilliant header, but it was just about the only one he won. If he's winning headers on a regular basis, he can be very useful, but he can't hold up play and he isn't any help on the break.

McDonald and Madl were class. Aluko and Ayite very good. Button solid. Malone good. Again, Odoi played brilliant the last 20 minutes or so, but suspect early on. Maybe some nerves/miscommunication, and for me, Smith, though getting the goal, shouldn't be starting. He's a player you throw on in the 75th when you need a goal.

They were all great. It's hard to call the goal scorer and the one with the most flair on the pitch "the worst". Our play on both wings was very very good and defence solid to be fair.

Huxley

Don't think I can pick an individual MOM, team performed superbly. If I had to pick one person who really stood then I would say Ayite. When was the last time we had an attacking winger (playing wide), with pace, and who tracked back and defended like a demon!

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: The Rock on August 05, 2016, 10:13:24 PM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 05, 2016, 10:03:58 PM

They were all great. It's hard to call the goal scorer and the one with the most flair on the pitch "the worst". Our play on both wings was very very good and defence solid to be fair.

Have them both at 6/10 for me. Tunni at 5/10 was lowest. People see games differently. Obviously, Smith got the goal which was vital, but I think his lack of pace didn't help a few counters.

Fulham1959

For me, the best thing was that the team had attitude from minute 1 to minute 94.  It's been missing for so long.

AnEssexFan

Odoi got better as the game went on, but his yellow card could easily have been red as he was the last man. I thought Cairney was too quiet for too much of the game. Everyone else played really well, but for me Aluko was m.o.m.
@leightonrw07

HatterDon

Damn! Is he fun to watch, or what? I started off as a #11, so I watch right backs closer than most people do. I liked his defense, attacking, positioning, and passing. What else is there?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

Yeah I told you he was class too. Get on the band wagon fofers this is our year
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

For anyone who wants to watch that delicious skill:

toshes mate

The man has attitude and it is infecting his team mates,  Ninety five minutes of sheer professional attitude.

RaySmith

Milo

Oh god... I flicked onto this thread expecting someone to have seen the same game I saw and came away thinking Odoi and Tunnicliffe are our two weak links!

Completely disagree with this thread.

He was ball watching on a few occasions. He would slip up, then try to direct other players to cover him last minute (which unsurprisingly didn't happen!).

On the attack he looked nervous, unconfident. Would receive it hugging the touch line but pass it straight back inside...

When the pressure was off and we were winning, he had that Ronaldo-esque moment and a second later on I think that was pretty quick footed in beating the last man on the wing... But otherwise I'll be honest, I think he falls asleep in defence and is a liability.