watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sign here

Started by bobbo, August 06, 2016, 12:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Come on all you doom mongers over last week be bold and put your names on here.
Be honest like a real Fulham fan.
Like me , despite the win tonight I think a draw would have also been a fair result.
But I'm settling for the win all day long.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Rhys Lightning 63

I'm still not getting my hopes up, they've been crushed too many times
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Sgt Fulham

Apart from one close range effort and a long effort from Matt Ritchie they didn't test our goalkeeper at all. I think we had the better chances even after we took the lead and thoroughly deserved the 3 points. I think because everyone expects Newcastle to storm the league everything they do, even if its mediocre, is taken to be a lot better than it is.

Lighthouse

A team that spends over 45 million quid should be dominating a side that sold its 40 goal two strikers. But this is the Championship and it doesn't work out that way. We were lucky with the Tunnicliffe penalty. We were fortunate when Button saved with his foot. Or was it a brilliant reaction save? The fact is we won and looked like a team again and Newcastle were really second best for much of the match.

Yes we need more players but the players that played today were man for man brilliant. No fan is going to feel confident after the last few seasons. Anymore than we should go over the top with one result. But we must all enjoy nights like this without caring who said what. We are all happy Fulham fans tonight.  Well done lads and thanks.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Barrett487

Sorry, don't get it.... sign where for what?

alexmur

the result tonight was brilliant  considering the squad that is not even close to being finished we did a great job Newcastle were 7/4 to win the league before kick-off shortish odds ever in tbe championship, we showed real intent and huge boost for the lads, seriously lads we need to stay positive. other teams will fear us now  and with more players coming in its only going to get better. we have suffered 2 seasons with little or no direction, Slavan is certainly the real deal. let's rally behind him and show our support  since we went down we have waited for the right guy, and I'm positive he is it. BELIEVE, COYW!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 06, 2016, 12:36:33 AM
We can disect various incidents throughout the match until the cows come home.
I am going to enjoy this victory and performance, and pray we will play with more consistency, which will enable us to play and win like that again. I also hope we purchase the reinforcements we need, so Jok can build on what took place at the Cottage tonight.
I have been to the game, to the pub, walked the dog, having a little Laphroaig to celebrate ... guess I'll have to stay up a bit later as those blasted cows still haven't come home.

colinwhite

Nothing to moan about , but  for me ,although they did well ,Tunnicliffe, Malone and smith will not be regular starters as none of them are up to the rest of the team when it comes to keeping possession which i believe is central for our new manager.

Twig

We were good for 3 points yesterday and I am delighted. I will say what I said to FulhamBen; I think the players we have signed are a distinct step up in what we had before and I have always been a Joka fan (check my posts). I am only gloom and doom because I think the squad is far too thin for a long season and we absolutely have not replaced 40 goals.  Get in a pacey striker (which Smith is not) and 3 other signings and I will be optimistic. If Khan just trousers the 12 mil then he can go to hell as far as I am concerned.  Big test of Khan's honesty and commitment.

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 06, 2016, 12:42:05 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on August 06, 2016, 09:06:53 AM
Nothing to moan about , but  for me ,although they did well ,Tunnicliffe, Malone and smith will not be regular starters as none of them are up to the rest of the team when it comes to keeping possession which i believe is central for our new manager.

Tunnicliffe, Smith and Malone are all warriors, we will need their services during a tough season in a tough division, so do not dismiss them so swiftly. They contributed last night to a great alround team performance, so give credit where it is due.
One of the reasons we are where we are, and struggled poorly in the last three seasons, is because we had too many fair weather players, too many milky players, who didn't punch their weight, or commit themselves 100%, and we didn't have enough Warriors, enough Fighters, enough Winners, enough Charactors and enough Leaders. Well maybe we have now, or at least starting to recruit them. They were all worth their weight in gold last night.
Newcastle who had spent the best part of 50 million quid, did not have anywhere near as many warriors as Mighty Fulham, which is one of the reasons they lost, and one of the reasons Fulham won.

Very fair point

epsomraver

Tunnicliffe, Smith and Malone are all warriors, we will need their services during a tough season in a tough division, so do not dismiss them so swiftly. They contributed last night to a great alround team performance, so give credit where it is due.
One of the reasons we are where we are, and struggled poorly in the last three seasons, is because we had too many fair weather players, too many milky players, who didn't punch their weight, or commit themselves 100%, and we didn't have enough Warriors, enough Fighters, enough Winners, enough Charactors and enough Leaders. Well maybe we have now, or at least starting to recruit them. They were all worth their weight in gold last night.
Newcastle who had spent the best part of 50 million quid, did not have anywhere near as many warriors as Mighty Fulham, which is one of the reasons they lost, and one of the reasons Fulham won.
0001.jpeg

SP

Can't be bothered to check the records but this is technically back to back wins following our win over Bolton last season?

Jims Dentist

Yet again, well said Woolly, re the warriors.

You get nowhere without a good few in the side.

Skatzoffc

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Daxidebs

:Haynes The Maestro:   Best post thus far - need the hammy end to come up with a warrior chant now

Carborundum

Colin makes a fair point, some of the signings we have yet to make will be first team regulars.  So some of Friday's heros will feature infrequently.  Injuries, form and quality will all decide how that plays out.

Woolly's perspectives are spot on and I take my hat off to him for finding word "milky" to describe the characteristics that drove us round the twist in recent seasons.

bobbo

Glad my post has been resurrected by you bunch of all sensible posters. And coil white you got it spot on in one sentence. I honestly was getting depressed myself with all the bashing. Must admit Even at my old age now I've not come down from Friday night yet.
  Note for you Woolley you never cease to raise a smile on my face keep it up mate.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fcfulham55

Signed. Partially, I'll sign in the confirmation box as soon as we add more depth to the squad.

Otherwise, injuries and suspensions along with a fatigued squad will be the kiss of death.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: SP on August 06, 2016, 04:19:19 PM
Can't be bothered to check the records but this is technically back to back wins following our win over Bolton last season?

Back to back wins and clean sheets , 1st time since Dec 14 v Leeds and Sheff wed