watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

0-2 Hold the back page it now 2-3

Started by f321ffc, August 09, 2016, 08:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

The major positive was that all the young players, Adeniran,  Sessegnon, Edun and De la Torre, looked calm and confident on the ball and were generally the more creative of our players. In the first half we pressed hard and high and won the ball back quickly as on Friday but Leyton Orient did allow us too much space.

The major negative was that, as last season, Stearman and Ream looked vulnerable to crosses and set pieces particularly in the second half when L.O. gained confidence from their first goal, found some energy and started throwing everything at us. LVC was pretty anonymous often just looking to give a short pass to Parker rather than looking to create a move himself. Woodrow worked hard and got his two goals but, as has been said before, does not play as an out-and-out goalscorer and his control and holding off of the defender is not good enough for a target man. Kavanagh had to play out of position at right back and got caught out a couple of times because he is much stronger on his left foot but generally he looked more comfortable than in the past.

Parker was controlling the game, Sessegnon was very impressive and Adeniran looked very promising.

Apprentice to the Maestro

The Sky highlights:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10529793/leyton-orient-2-3-fulham

make the goals clearer than the view from my seat.

Great corner by Kavanagh for our first and two great strikes by Woodrow.

We were outnumbered 3 to 2 at the back post for their first and Joronen came but did not collect. For the second a very good cross when under no pressure and Kavanagh outmuscled by a much bigger forward.

WayneKerrins

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 10, 2016, 12:35:22 AM
The Sky highlights:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10529793/leyton-orient-2-3-fulham

make the goals clearer than the view from my seat.

Great corner by Kavanagh for our first and two great strikes by Woodrow.

We were outnumbered 3 to 2 at the back post for their first and Joronen came but did not collect. For the second a very good cross when under no pressure and Kavanagh outmuscled by a much bigger forward.

Stearman poor as well on their second and done for the chance Jorenen saved.

Such a disappointment and very clear that there is no way he will ever be the answer for us.

Mince n Tatties

Good result considering the side, and  others
Birmingham,  Wednesday, Brentford, Ipswich, Rotherham,
Huddersfield all went out to lower league. Derby scraped home
against Grimsby...

Carborundum

So eight academy graduates started and we won.  That's a great night for the club. 

Central defence featured no academy players but two first teamers from last year.   No surprise where we had the problem for the goals.  This is where we need to strengthen.  Madl and Kalas cannot be our only capable options.

We have to find a way to play Woodrow in the first team.  His second goal showed qualities every football team needs. 

MJG

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 10, 2016, 12:02:53 AM
The major positive was that all the young players, Adeniran,  Sessegnon, Edun and De la Torre, looked calm and confident on the ball and were generally the more creative of our players. In the first half we pressed hard and high and won the ball back quickly as on Friday but Leyton Orient did allow us too much space.

The major negative was that, as last season, Stearman and Ream looked vulnerable to crosses and set pieces particularly in the second half when L.O. gained confidence from their first goal, found some energy and started throwing everything at us. LVC was pretty anonymous often just looking to give a short pass to Parker rather than looking to create a move himself. Woodrow worked hard and got his two goals but, as has been said before, does not play as an out-and-out goalscorer and his control and holding off of the defender is not good enough for a target man. Kavanagh had to play out of position at right back and got caught out a couple of times because he is much stronger on his left foot but generally he looked more comfortable than in the past.

Parker was controlling the game, Sessegnon was very impressive and Adeniran looked very promising.
Pretty much how I saw it. Thought Ream was ok but I'm now convinced that Stearman is the issue. there was that spell just before HT where he looked like he had no clue what to do and ball was going nowhere till he kicked it out.
Ream has done well pre season and I know SJ has been happy with him.
Stearman next out the door, I'd rather Aron Davies got a chance in future than him.

I was pleased for all the youngsters having watched them allover last couple of years. I was worried last year that De La Torre was going to be one of those players that cant find a position, but i liken him to Joe Cole and he played well as the link between Woodrow and rest of midfield.
Adeniran was excellent and I put him down as my MOTM. Was everywhere, never shirked, wanted ball from keeper, always looking for space. What we really never saw from him is his ability to burst through the middle of the pitch, but that will come.
Edun and Sess linked well and while Ryan's defending still needs work he grew into the game defensively, while attacking wise he was always an outlet.
LVC was busy and loads of energy, he linked well with Kavanagh whom I'm really glad had a decent game. Had a tough time last two seasons but last night out of position he did ok.
Parker was Parker, was interesting watching how game at times slowed down when he had it, but with all the kids buzzing around maybe that was best thing for him to do.
Woodrow I thought had a fairly quiet first half. Missed a header he should have got to and a shot fluffed when he should have shot quicker. But his two goals were excellent. needs to work on his first touch, ball seems to spin away from him at times when its played to him.
Jororen did really well up to the goals, but the one thing I will say is hes willing to come out and try to get the ball and is not rooted to the line like others.

Overall a good entertaining cup game. Yes we had the nervy 10 mins at the end, but that's what football is all about.
Lots of positives from the game.

Adi-ffc

Parker was fantastic last night, not just in his overall play but in the way he gave the young players confidence. It was clever of Joka to set the team up around him. Everyone seemed calm and collected on the ball, led by Scott all night.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Adi-ffc on August 10, 2016, 08:28:21 AM
Parker was fantastic last night, not just in his overall play but in the way he gave the young players confidence. It was clever of Joka to set the team up around him. Everyone seemed calm and collected on the ball, led by Scott all night.

Hear Hear
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.