watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Deedale advice please

Started by WoodyFFC73, August 10, 2016, 08:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodyFFC73

I have an opportunity to be at Deepdale on Saturday as I am in the area. I've never been there before, can anyone give me any advice on places to park please? Happy to pay or walk a little (though I will have a 7 year old son with me for his first game so not too far).

Any recommendations great fully received. Thanks in advance.  049:gif

Ps - anyone know if tickets can be bought on the day? Don't wanna buy in advance in case I don't make it.

Mince n Tatties

Northern Cottager I believe is from there, he should
help.

Fulham Gentleman

The website that MJG posted is accurate for Deepdale.  Another suggestion, would be to try the Sainsburys.  It is about a five minute walk north of the ground on Deepdale Road.  They probably would not object if you do your weekly shop before/after the match.

Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2016, 09:04:49 AM
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/deepdale-preston-north-end.html

David Allen Crankshaw

I bought my ticket at Deepdale last year when I arrived at the ground. I did contact the Fulham ticket office beforehand to make sure this was possible.

Northern Cottager

You can park pretty much all over the area. I'd recommend any of the schools on the way up to the ground. All advertise match day parking for upto around £5. Failing that there are loads of free residential parking areas nearby if you got to the area for around 1pm. (Best road off top of my head is any of the side streets off St Georges road.)

Shame I'm not at the game or I'd of met you before hand and shown you.

WoodyFFC73

Thank you everyone, useful tips there. Let's hope my sons first game is a win. I think it will be difficult and in reality would be fairly pleased with a draw, but we are a different animal this season it seems. Onwards and upwards!  049:gif

Toby Ward-Smith

I went up on the coach last year and was able to buy my ticket on the gate so should be fine especially with many people likely to be away on holiday

Northern Cottager

Quote from: WoodyFFC73 on August 10, 2016, 06:48:00 PM
Thank you everyone, useful tips there. Let's hope my sons first game is a win. I think it will be difficult and in reality would be fairly pleased with a draw, but we are a different animal this season it seems. Onwards and upwards!  049:gif

Sat down and just got you some postcodes if you're looking for parking

Sir tom Finney school is literally across the road from the ground and charges a reasonable fee, around 4-5 quid (pr1 6au)

Or park near St Gregory's social club. Around the back is an estate which will be free. (Pr1 6xd)

You can of course opt to park at sainsburys directly across from the ground. They've never had people monitoring it and it's a 2 minute walk across the road (pr1 6pj)

Any more info drop me a message and I'll try help out.

WoodyFFC73

Thank you so much NC! Really helpful. I'm sure these will come in dead handy.  049:gif