watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

match video replays

Started by gang, August 12, 2016, 03:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Carolinian

This is critical for those of us overseas. I'm happy to pay a reasonable fee for a quality service. I would pay much more to watch live... having to stay in the dark for 24+ hours is difficult. I understand that there are TV contracts to deal with but a paid streaming service would be great. At a minimum, I would hope the club would improve the quality of the video if they want to make money on it. Better quality cameras, better link up of the audio/video(sometimes Gentleman Jim is way ahead of the play, sometimes way behind) and adding a time/score overlay would be nice.

By the way, long time reader, first time poster here. Good to meet y'all.  082.gif 049:gif

aaronmcguigan

Sarah talks about the extra content and features . I'm sorry but in my opinion, the material produced by the club is not worth paying for.  Proper behind the scenes stuff, Fulham in the community, in depth youth game/ youth team analysis, and for the kids something that actually builds on our mascot and how he can relate to the youth . That's the kind of stuff they should be producing, and high quality too, not this one person asking one person a list of monotonous questions in a dark room.

Yes they have a right to pay, but to link the clubs ethos, it's traditions and it's Aims, it's got To be decent quality and showing a bit of ambition to produce the highest quality output, just like the team, just like the coaches etc, not trying to offer some half assed production for hard earned cash.

Finally, announce it as a feature, or include it as part of online membership, instead of trying to hide it in a jozabed announcement . The faithful membership clearly states that it includes Exclusive content and latest news delivered straight to inbox, reading that now just sounds ambiguous, ie what exclusive content am I entitled to with membership that non members won't get, and if I thought exclusive content meant the interviews and stuff, are they misselling a membership.

Obviously I've gone a bit to extremes above but it's things any business should think about before launching a cost to something that previously was free.

RaySmith

I would pay for JIm's commentary if I had to, and if it was a reasonable price, one that I could afford. Money is the reason I don't go to many games, so obviously the price for any web content has to be right for me.

Obviously, I would rather watch  video of live games, which I would pay for - but that's  surely not going to happen, because of legal reasons.

Apart from that - inside info on the club, etc - I doubt if I'd be prepared to pay for that, unless it was part of the package to listen to  GJ.

NogoodBoyo

I'm not fixed on the idea of watching games live.  I'd just like to see them within 48 hours.  And I'd still pay for that.  But no more than I would for a cable company via Apple TV.  Most of those charge about $10 per month.  Anything more than that would be daylight robbery when you consider the value of the programming on offer.
To repeat myself, I have no interest at all in watching the fluff behind the scenes.  I would like to see all interviews from the manager, the senior management, the board and the Chairman, but that should all be provided for free on the website - unless the club wants to abuse its customer base and, as a result sink into insignificance.
Nogood "basic business sense, itis, isit" Boyo

Snibbo

Just looked at the HaHas website (had a shower afterwards)

They charge 4.49 a month for "Full access to live commentary, highlights and exclusive club content"

http://www.player.qpr.co.uk/Buy/

Fulham1959

I just hope they don't have the huge Visit Florida logo in the top left corner, as it appears in the latest highlights video.

alexbishop

Given how poor the last three seasons have been for FFC fans its strange timing to say to people 'thanks for your loyal support over last three years of terrible management and performance on the field, to make it up to you we are going to start charging you for online content'

For high quality content I am not adverse to the idea; however, the timing is poor and the lack of formal announcement at this stage and am ambiguous reference to it under a manager interview is probably wrong way to approach it.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

BedsFFC

"Hello gang".

Only with our club would our communications head be such a "Luvvie".

I love it

Lighthouse

If the club give a free months trial to see exactly what we would be getting for whatever they are charging then we can make up our own minds. The interviews and the rest are not really worth paying too much for and so it is really down to the highlights. The fact that we have been so poor in the last few seasons means it hasn't been worth any money to watch the highlights.

We will see. But it does feel a little typical that we will be charged for something we used to see for free. Smacks of everything nowadays.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mullers

Accepting all the points as to why the club should charge, ultimately the result of this is that it moves the club further away from a lot of supporters.
The brilliant performances of the England rugby team in Australia didn't have much of an effect on me as all I could do was read about it as old news, and my interest in the cricket team dwindled for the same reason. I haven't discussed boxing with anyone for years as you have to pay to be able to then subscribe to watch fights. I've followed the Pittsburgh steelers for thirty years but with no access to American football last season I don't even know [or care] if they made the playoffs.
Fulham, I thought, would be different. I'm a season ticket holder who, living away, can't get to as many games as I'd like, and on principle I won't pay more to watch highlights. Slowly but surely I can feel my connection to the club being eroded which I wonder about; when it looked like we'd lose the Cottage if not the club in the '80's my ties grew stronger.
I guess now that the club's future is more secure than it has been in the past and values change people decide what is and isn't important to them.

gang

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 13, 2016, 09:46:41 AM
"Hello gang".

Only with our club would our communications head be such a "Luvvie".

I love it

Yes, she' in a class of her own.

grandad

Would we still be charged during the off season?
Where there's a will there's a wife

bill taylors apprentice

Market forces.

It the way of the world !

cmg

I may decide to wait until I know exactly how much it will cost me and exactly what I would get for my money before I go totally ballistic one way or another about this one.
An eccentric approach, I know, but I may find something else to disturb my equilibrium before then.

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on August 13, 2016, 12:39:08 PM

I may decide to wait until I know exactly how much it will cost me and exactly what I would get for my money before I go totally ballistic one way or another about this one.
An eccentric approach, I know, but I may find something else to disturb my equilibrium before then.
Hope they will live stream 23 and academy games.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Quote from: fulhamben on August 13, 2016, 12:43:16 PM

That's what they do on a lot of other clubs' websites on subscription.
It would make it a pretty interesting commodity for me.

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on August 13, 2016, 01:01:11 PM

yes id be all in if they did
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WayneKerrins

Our Chief Revenue Officer attempting to make his mark...

aaronmcguigan

What don't other clubs do? I think the promise was to give us higher quality and more content , more and better cameras at matches( surely this is just at the cottage though)

As an aside, any clubs not covered by EFL Digital are few and far between. Of what I can find, all Aston Villas content is free, Leeds' is £5.99 a month, £5.39 with direct debit or annually is 52 or 47 by direct debit

cmg

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 14, 2016, 10:30:33 AM

What don't other clubs do? I think the promise was to give us higher quality and more content , more and better cameras at matches( surely this is just at the cottage though)

As an aside, any clubs not covered by EFL Digital are few and far between. Of what I can find, all Aston Villas content is free, Leeds' is £5.99 a month, £5.39 with direct debit or annually is 52 or 47 by direct debit

All Championship clubs, bar 4, have their highlights, etc. on 'Player HD' at £4.49 per month (cheaper for an annual subscription).
AV (who are currently showing their highlights for free), Newcastle (who are currently so poor you have to pay extra NOT to see their highlights!) and Leeds have their own subscription tv channel at similar, or slightly higher rates.
FFC is, temporarily, the only club to make no charge at all.
We (or, at least I) wait to see what FFC put on offer and how much it will cost.