watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

are we going to push for promotion ?

Started by irishfulham, August 16, 2016, 11:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishfulham

often you see teams start well and drift off as the season goes on many here predicted relegation threatened and many predicted mid table. 3 games in 7 points on the board i think everyone would have bitten hands off for it! anyway can you really see fulham in a top 6 spot come the end of the season ? its got to be the aim now anyway but with a striker coming in i think we can do it opinion?

@jolslover

I think we can do it with a big name striker coming in (Vydra, Assombalonga, Wells)
STH H3

H4usuallysitting

Anything above twelfth will be a good season for us

Lighthouse

Top 10 at best and we should be pleased with that.  Too early to say any more until we have a decent squad. Right now a couple of injury problems and we would be back to normal.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Asotosyios

It's too early to say whether we can push for promotion or fight to avoid relegation again. I believe we will get a few new faces in by the end of August and even though I am optimistic, I will subscribe to Jokanovic's train of thought: we are only thinking of the next game.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2016, 12:52:34 AM
IMO we've a bunch of players and manager who are good enough to achieve promotion, absolutely. Perhaps even the title!

Unfortunately, although our shortcomings are limited in number, they're so stark and serious I fear we'll soon fade and spend another season nearer the bottom if they aren't corrected.

So we need a few more top quality players. We need khan to put in the full £13m FFP permits. We need to speculate with that, and the Ross money. We need Mackintosh and Rigg to support the manager's choices, to earn their money and get the negotiations done asap. 

No penny-pinching. No f-ups. No playing it safe. No "sustainability".

We have an opportunity here and it represents a big test for Khan and senior management. 

Plus the Patrick Roberts money ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

TrexFFC

It's been three games. We have no idea.  All we can hope for is dramatic improvement over what we have witnessed these past two years.

MJG

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 17, 2016, 01:37:13 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2016, 12:52:34 AM
IMO we've a bunch of players and manager who are good enough to achieve promotion, absolutely. Perhaps even the title!

Unfortunately, although our shortcomings are limited in number, they're so stark and serious I fear we'll soon fade and spend another season nearer the bottom if they aren't corrected.

So we need a few more top quality players. We need khan to put in the full £13m FFP permits. We need to speculate with that, and the Ross money. We need Mackintosh and Rigg to support the manager's choices, to earn their money and get the negotiations done asap. 

No penny-pinching. No f-ups. No playing it safe. No "sustainability".

We have an opportunity here and it represents a big test for Khan and senior management. 

Plus the Patrick Roberts money ?
he paid for last seasons purchases

fcfulham55

Not this season, but if we can keep a fit team we will be definitely safe.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on August 16, 2016, 11:49:31 PM
I think we can do it with a big name striker coming in (Vydra, Assombalonga, Wells)

There's only 5 letters in Vydra and Wells. :005:

Ordar

If Joka gets the required support in the last 2 weeks of the transfer window, and is allowed to bring in 4 or 5 players of his choosing, I think we've got a real shot at promotion. This obviously is dependant on avoiding injury to our best players as it is with all teams.

We need to go out and buy the very best striker we can, that fits what Joka wants up front. After that I'd say another high quality CM to play alongside McDonald. The rest would be depth. I'm personally not looking to break up the Kallas Madl partnership in favour of someone purely based on height like some are.

hovewhite

Defending wise we have a unit playing for each other and screened by the CM plus plenty of width
And pace right through the team so all in all we are so much better compared to the last 3 or 4 seasons.
How well we do we will have to wait and see!

Chutney

A season without a relegation battle would be welcome, but we don't have a squad to compete at the top, anything above the bottom 5-6 will be a good season and demonstrate progress.
C O Y W

MJG

The players we currently have can challenge in the top 8 I really do think that.
But once injures and suspensions kick in we will struggle to maintain that. So even tho we have brought 9 players in, we are that 3-5 short for the squad, even tho some of the youngsters may be able to step in here and there i'd not want 3 or 4 of them in a championship lineup at the moment.

nose

very encouraging start and if we get a few more players we may well have a chance

This isn't quite like when adams/keegan/tigs took over and it was obvious we would get promoted from the start BUT wow how refreshing to be seriously thinking we may have a proper chance of at least competing

Denver Fulham

If we bring in a proper 9, a quality DM to pair with McDonald, and another wing option, I'll start to get reasonably excited.

Right now, we're a team with a decent plan but not nearly enough end product, and people will start to figure us out.

nose

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 17, 2016, 04:01:56 PM
If we bring in a proper 9, a quality DM to pair with McDonald, and another wing option, I'll start to get reasonably excited.

Right now, we're a team with a decent plan but not nearly enough end product, and people will start to figure us out.

You can figure out the opposition all you want byut we now have several p-layers with pace and that is awfully difficult to deal with if you have less quick players.  We all can see we need to be more prolific but compared to what we had before, this start can only be described as 'amazing.'

Twig

Quote from: nose on August 17, 2016, 04:43:23 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 17, 2016, 04:01:56 PM

You can figure out the opposition all you want byut we now have several p-layers with pace and that is awfully difficult to deal with if you have less quick players.  We all can see we need to be more prolific but compared to what we had before, this start can only be described as 'amazing.'

Pace is great, but right now our striker struggles to stay up with the play so we must sign a striker with pace (and finishing skills).  We also need a defensive centre mid, an area we are lacking.

aaronmcguigan

Those pacy players tend ( I'm generalising here) to go in spells of form up and down, do we have the clmpetitoom in the squad to keep them both fresh and competitive?

Or when they get marked out of the game, where's plan B? Not a complaining post but surely we need more depth to cover off all potential banana skins and threats

fulhamben

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 17, 2016, 07:08:06 PM
Those pacy players tend ( I'm generalising here) to go in spells of form up and down, do we have the clmpetitoom in the squad to keep them both fresh and competitive?

Or when they get marked out of the game, where's plan B? Not a complaining post but surely we need more depth to cover off all potential banana skins and threats
We have pace to burn, I could easily see fredericks and sess playing out wide if need be.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.