watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Striker

Started by MiltonBurrows, August 17, 2016, 10:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiltonBurrows

Went to the game last night and have to say it's the best i've seen us play for a long time. We were exceptional in possession and knocked the ball around brilliantly. However, we are missing the final piece of the jigsaw with a top class striker (obviously). Smith to his credit has played well, but we can't rely on him as our main man as he can look a bit one dimensional at times.

Jok has said he wants a striker but i've seen no rumours floating about on who we are looking at.

Personally, i'd love Assombalonga but i've seen a 15m price tag mentioned and it seems a bit steep. Anyone got any further insights?
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

@jolslover

Good post, Id like to see Vydra OR Wells come in.
STH H3

filham

Can't understand why we are waiting, the McCormack money must be in the bank by now and surely we have done all the scouting. Only two weeks left until that wretched window slams shut and we are likely to see it come down with our hands caught in the opening waving goodbye to some good strikers.

Horsfield_No9

I was thinking last night we are an Andre Gray away from being in the mix to finish top 2. I think Assombalonga will be out of our price range as Forest don't need to sell so would want whoever buys him to pay over the odds and for me anything above 10-11m would be too much. I think Wells would be affordable for us and could be this years Andre Gray, I think Huddersfield would deal at 9-10m. Really hope we are looking at this player.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

cmg

I'll suffer my first disappointment of the season if, as reported in the 'Silly Season' thread, Hull City sign Nemanja Nikolic for £3m.

westcliff white

Hull have the Lure of the premier league that is what will take him ther eover us (if we are ior ever were interested in him)
Every day is a Fulham day

Artful Dodger

Quote from: MiltonBurrows on August 17, 2016, 10:54:28 AM
Went to the game last night and have to say it's the best i've seen us play for a long time. We were exceptional in possession and knocked the ball around brilliantly. However, we are missing the final piece of the jigsaw with a top class striker (obviously). Smith to his credit has played well, but we can't rely on him as our main man as he can look a bit one dimensional at times.

Jok has said he wants a striker but i've seen no rumours floating about on who we are looking at.

Personally, i'd love Assombalonga but i've seen a 15m price tag mentioned and it seems a bit steep. Anyone got any further insights?
Agreed and said much the same last night. When we got in some good crossing positions there was no target to aim for as Smith hasn't got the pace to get free and Aluko does his best work outside the box, although for all the good approach play I thought the crossing was poor last as well but maybe a good striker makes poor crosses look good.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

MiltonBurrows

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 17, 2016, 11:27:58 AM
I was thinking last night we are an Andre Gray away from being in the mix to finish top 2. I think Assombalonga will be out of our price range as Forest don't need to sell so would want whoever buys him to pay over the odds and for me anything above 10-11m would be too much. I think Wells would be affordable for us and could be this years Andre Gray, I think Huddersfield would deal at 9-10m. Really hope we are looking at this player.

He seems really switched on does Wells as well. In my days of working a little know chain called Nando's, he used to be a regular and always used to have a chat with him, was a top bloke.

I think he may be our most realistic target - but have doubts on if he could really push us on to that next level.

Assombalonga or Vydra for me.
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

hovewhite

Think strikers good as Ross just not there ,hence end of transfer window is the most realistic when players really kick off to leave,still chance for smith and Cayley to prove up to the job if not then unless we get a goal scorer we get by till the next window!