watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mascot situation

Started by hopper, August 19, 2016, 11:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Apologies if I've missed the thread where this has already been mentioned.

It's been widely reported the club wants to stop Mascots being available to junior supporters, and will only now be available as part of a corporate package. Getting major backlash on twitter.

Does anyone know what the best course of action supporters can do to protest this? Which email would be best to contact the club and complain.

King_Crud

I thought Billy the Badger was our mascot? Speak to him, you might not get much of a reply though

mrmicawbers

If this goes ahead,surely the sponsors will invite Fulham children in the form of some competition to apply?This will get them more exposure.

nose

if true it is what I like to call a very foolish move.
I hope it is a rumour, my kids were mascots and albeit uin the lower leagues it was a very nice and illuminating experieince

HatterDon

Quote from: King_Crud on August 19, 2016, 12:29:57 PM
I thought Billy the Badger was our mascot? Speak to him, you might not get much of a reply though

"Talk to Billy and listen to the casual replay"  :HD: :HD: :HD: :HD:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Keynsham

I would have thought that if local companies buy into this and give the roles to children through winning competitions, then it would not only increase the exposure of those companies, but at the same time allow children who's families perhaps can't afford to pay for them to be a mascot the chance of actually being one.

That might be idealistic, but it doesn't seem that bad an idea in theory.

Wolf

That's a big
Quote from: Keynsham on August 19, 2016, 03:56:30 PM
I would have thought that if local companies buy into this and give the roles to children through winning competitions, then it would not only increase the exposure of those companies, but at the same time allow children who's families perhaps can't afford to pay for them to be a mascot the chance of actually being one.

That might be idealistic, but it doesn't seem that bad an idea in theory.

That's a big "If". My interpretation is that an Arsenal supporting child of a corporate sponsor is going to be a mascot rather than a young Fulham fan/child of a Fulham fan.

I think the ideal situation is mascot opportunities are there if you want to pay for them. With competition places for season ticket holders and members. If people want something enough they will pay for it, and its bollocks to exclude people who want to pay for their kids to be mascots - given there's only a window of four years or so when its totally age appropriate.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

The Rock

Didn't Billy the Badger get a red card that one season for... what was it? All I know is that is was quite funny.

aaronmcguigan

Say for example Coral had the contract for matchday mascots. Coral pay a fixed amount to FFC for the exposure of their brand.

Coral would then surely maximise the appeal of their brand to the FFC Fans via competitions, draws or announcements to pick mascots. These mascots would surely already be ticket holders and I'm not sure who is losing out or who the losers are here.

There have also been instances at other clubs where the company buys the right to mascots then donate it to local charities again enhancing their reputation and helping everyone.

If I'm missing something let me know, but having the fans buy their own way to being a mascot or their child being a mascot doesn't benefit anyone other than that one child, the way it's proposed seems , SEEMS IN THEORY, to be more profitable with more people benefitting.

Fulham97

Quote from: The Rock on August 19, 2016, 06:33:45 PM
Didn't Billy the Badger get a red card that one season for... what was it? All I know is that is was quite funny.

It was for dancing on the pitch after we scored against Chelsea I believe! He wouldn't get off the pitch so he got sent off haha

RaySmith

I remember Billy on awaydays, helping to get the Fulham support  going.