watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Greening on his way?

Started by SmithyFFC, August 20, 2010, 12:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

so, we're assuming that the guy we just paid a transfer fee for is going to be loaned out? Why? Because it's in an article?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm with Mr. Gilroy. I think he contributes to the first-team squad. I also think that Murphy will need fewer minutes on the pitch this season. Unless we've already got somebody on the squad who Hughes has earmarked as Murphy's replacement -- Dempsey perhaps? -- it would seem stupid to finalized the transfer and then loan him out. It's a waste of MAF's money, that.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

epsomraver

If Hughes is not going to play him it is better for Mo's pocket for Blackburn to pay his wages.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: epsomraver on August 20, 2010, 01:39:12 PM
If Hughes is not going to play him it is better for Mo's pocket for Blackburn to pay his wages.

agree,I'd rather see Clint or Simon play the "Murphy" role instead of Jesus

HatterDon

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on August 20, 2010, 01:53:16 PM

Mark brought in ONE substitute in the Bolton game. This doesn't mean that only 12 players are going to be used all season. Just because he didn't feature in the Bolton match doesn't mean that "hughes is not going to play him."

Lighthouse

I am expecting a central midfielder to come in. We seem to be looking at a few. Means nothing I know but we are weak in this area and frankly Greening played one good game whwn he played out of position and wide. So it would make sense if we moved Greening on.

But with just over a week to go we are cutting it fine.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on August 20, 2010, 02:16:23 PM

Mark brought in ONE substitute in the Bolton game. This doesn't mean that only 12 players are going to be used all season. Just because he didn't feature in the Bolton match doesn't mean that "hughes is not going to play him."

Yea but if Murph don't play I'd rather see Clint or Baird in there. And btw robert milson is back from his loan on the 30th. Perhaps sparky will give him a shot instead?
FTID

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2010, 02:22:10 PM
I am expecting a central midfielder to come in. We seem to be looking at a few. Means nothing I know but we are weak in this area and frankly Greening played one good game whwn he played out of position and wide. So it would make sense if we moved Greening on.

Its begs the question why was sidwell not signed??
FTID

epsomraver

It isn't that Hughes didn't play him on Saturday, the article says that he doesn't fit into Hughes future plans full stop, so loan him out, let some one else pay his wages, we still own him and build a recall into the contract in case we need him back, that makes sense for Mo's pocket and the club, we are limited to 25 squad as well as arsenal

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 20, 2010, 02:24:25 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2010, 02:22:10 PM

Its begs the question why was sidwell not signed??

For two reasons I suspect:

1) Hughes wants someone younger
2) Too similar to Murphy/Greening rather than a true box-box midfielder that Hughes loves.

On the Dempsey question, I expect him to feature a lot over this season, has all the qualities that Hughes loves: Battler, tackler, decent pace, good shot on him, gives his all.

TonyGilroy

I don't think it should be forgotten that Dempsey's played through the last two summers.

To avoid burn out he should be eased into things.

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on August 20, 2010, 02:33:38 PM

It isn't that Hughes didn't play him on Saturday, the article says that he doesn't fit into Hughes future plans full stop, so loan him out, let some one else pay his wages, we still own him and build a recall into the contract in case we need him back, that makes sense for Mo's pocket and the club, we are limited to 25 squad as well as arsenal

Agreed, but what the article DIDN'T say was that HUGHES SAID that Greening doesn't fit into his plans.