watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Statement from Jan 2016

Started by f321ffc, August 21, 2016, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Either things have changed or someone's telling porkys.

In a statement to Telegraph Sport, Fulham spokeswoman Sarah Brookes, on behalf of Shahid Khan, said that Kline ?does not have power of veto over anything and the scouts do not report to Craig?. Brookes said: ?Slavisa determines positions/potential players that he is interested in and they, with additional suggestions (if applicable) are presented to him with input reflecting stats, financial and scouting, then Slavisa no one else has the decision from that point on.?

Full Telegraph article below

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/12131412/Forget-Moneyball-Fulham-are-taking-Football-Manager-approach-in-hope-of-returning-to-big-time.html
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

grandad

None of us mere mortals know what the process is & who does what. I am not getting involved in any speculation or comments about what may or may not be going on behind the scenes. I will wait till 1st September & then make my feelings known.
Where there's a will there's a wife

f321ffc

Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2016, 12:20:18 PM
brookes was sat next to slav yesterday and even prompted him when he said kline's name, and has been giving him a platform for these complaints all summer by asking about transfer policy in press conferences. pretty sure she's 100% allied with him. seems to me kline has just gradually crept above his station this summer
Not doubting Sarah B just hope this gets sorted sooner rather than later, hope Kline is soon to have a one way ticket back to the good ol US of A.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on August 21, 2016, 12:26:14 PM
None of us mere mortals know what the process is & who does what. I am not getting involved in any speculation or comments about what may or may not be going on behind the scenes. I will wait till 1st September & then make my feelings known.

But you do keep getting involved because you keep saying how others are being unreasonable and speculating.

It seems to me you're are trying to be the smug voice of reason, well you keep fiddling away because everyone else is aware of the fire!

nose

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 21, 2016, 12:47:52 PM

But you do keep getting involved because you keep saying how others are being unreasonable and speculating.

It seems to me you're are trying to be the smug voice of reason, well you keep fiddling away because everyone else is aware of the fire!

I agree with Bill, you cannot keep saying black is white. if you know soemthing different to what joca actually said, speak up. but the team manager spoecifically said he was being thwarted.

nose

i think sarah is good but will have said what she believed to be true. the board will not necessarilly share with her what is actually true!

Chutney

We need complete transparency, the club are disrespecting us completely and its at the point now where even an official statement on the offal has to be taken with a pinch of salt. What has happened to our club?

C O Y W

filham

Time for another statement from the chairman, I think.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: filham on August 21, 2016, 01:09:16 PM

Until he wants supporters money for season tickets he will be anonymous.

Fulham76

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 21, 2016, 01:36:58 PM

Very true unfortunately

Twig

Grandad, along with Lighthouse you seem to be the keenest to give Khan and his management team the benefit of the doubt until September.  Fair enough, perhaps there are 3 or 4 stonking signings about to be announced.  And if that proves to be the case then Khan will have delivered and it is down to Joka to make if work.  However surely even you and Lighthouse must be getting increasingly nervous as the clock ticks down?

My question to you is; should the club fail to deliver sufficient good quality transfers to create a squad with both the ability and depth required, then will you get off the fence and condemn Khan as an imposter?

toshes mate

Quote from: f321ffc on August 21, 2016, 12:16:17 PM
Either things have changed or someone's telling porkys.

In a statement to Telegraph Sport, Fulham spokeswoman Sarah Brookes, on behalf of Shahid Khan, said that Kline ?does not have power of veto over anything and the scouts do not report to Craig?. Brookes said: ?Slavisa determines positions/potential players that he is interested in and they, with additional suggestions (if applicable) are presented to him with input reflecting stats, financial and scouting, then Slavisa no one else has the decision from that point on.?

Full Telegraph article below

In the light of other comments concerning Sarah Brookes and Slavisa Jokanovic it is easy to see how the structure the Telegraph indicated and the reality of how it has panned out are two distinctly different animals, presumably under influence of a third person e.g Khan's son.  Jokanovic clearly suggested at least  one player of good potential was recently missed because of the 'negotiating process' and not because they didn't want to come to the Club.   I am now feeling very angry about the way things are being messed up just when the team is looking to have something of a renaissance and Jokanovic needs support and not obstruction.  Khan needs to sort this out before the window closes shut with nobody added as many have been shouting for weeks now, and Fulham's core support deserves much better than this for their money.

SG

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 21, 2016, 01:54:47 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 21, 2016, 01:36:58 PM

Very true unfortunately

I wouldn't believe a word he says in relation to FFC

AlexW132

Quote from: Chutney on August 21, 2016, 12:53:51 PM
We need complete transparency, the club are disrespecting us completely and its at the point now where even an official statement on the offal has to be taken with a pinch of salt. What has happened to our club?

The lack of a proper announcement about this subscription service sums it up. It was buried at the end of the Jozabed announcement.

The Rock

Well the club lies to the public.

Cline is just some stats guy and he's probably a good one. I bet he located some good signings for us this summer. But the fact that Khan and the club put him first as the be all, end all, where Slav has no say, is just stupidity.

love4ffc

I find the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. 

Again ( for what seems like the 1 billionth time  :bang head: )it seems the club has created a PR nightmare.  and again all it would take is for the club to put out a clear statement on the offal letting everyone know exactly what targets Joka wanted and missed out on allegedly due to Mr. Kline's involvement. 

I know it was explained somewhere how recruitment is handled and contracts were put to bed but it seems that it would be prudent for the club to explain it again.  For me Mr. Kline should be nothing more then another tool in Joka's arsenal to use in targeting, recruiting and signing of the players Joka wants.  If Khan wants to show that he wants and expects the club to be successful then he needs to show that Joka is in charge of the team and give his full support. 

Currently I see nothing that shows Joka is completely being supported, and again its due to the club not being black and white in its transparency of how things are done.  For once in what seems like forever we have a good strong manager and a decent team.  It would be a shame for the club to slide backwards now.   :016:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?