News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

an update on the three players kline veteod and slav on his Fulham future...

Started by General, August 23, 2016, 06:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJFulham

Quote from: Chutney on August 24, 2016, 02:30:14 PM
Quote from: dhowells21 on August 24, 2016, 02:26:31 PM
Quote from: The Rock on August 24, 2016, 02:16:24 PM
SJ is not the media and I believe him.

For sure, I definitely believe him as well. But it was Perriera when it first broke. Then it was Perriera, Marshall and someone else. Now we can throw Abdi in there as well.. It's a very easy easy story to write. "Fulham lost out on Mounie because of Kline's stats algorithm". Someone writes that in The Sun, and you've got another 4/5 pages of people slagging him off.

Its also very easy for the club to shut this all down with a statement, would immediately put us at ease and end the negativity.

But yet, they sit there and let us suffer.

What do you want them to say? "We've had the best summer we've in years?"

Chutney

Quote from: NJFulham on August 24, 2016, 02:34:15 PM

For sure, I definitely believe him as well. But it was Perriera when it first broke. Then it was Perriera, Marshall and someone else. Now we can throw Abdi in there as well.. It's a very easy easy story to write. "Fulham lost out on Mounie because of Kline's stats algorithm". Someone writes that in The Sun, and you've got another 4/5 pages of people slagging him off.

Its also very easy for the club to shut this all down with a statement, would immediately put us at ease and end the negativity.

They should reassure us that Jokanovic is getting what he wants and that he isn't having his transfers blocked by a man in the usa.
C O Y W

dhowells21

They almost definitely won't release a statement. Otherwise they'll have to release a statement every couple of weeks for something different.

Whether it be McCormack leaving, or the constant lack of updates on transfers, the stand redevelopment, staff having disagreements. Where do you draw the line on this sort of stuff?
And then who do you want it from? We've already had some communication on this issue which is better than most of those examples above. Do you want Sarah Brookes to say something, or is she not good enough? Khan to come out? Cause with all of his businesses and stuff, do you really think he has time to send out a email every 2 weeks to assure us fans to not overreact?

Yes, it would be nice to have some statement from the club every 2 weeks on our latest 'drama', but it's definitely not realistic.

NJFulham

Quote from: Chutney on August 24, 2016, 02:35:18 PM
Quote from: NJFulham on August 24, 2016, 02:34:15 PM

They should reassure us that Jokanovic is getting what he wants and that he isn't having his transfers blocked by a man in the usa.

A manager doesn't play players he doesn't like. We have checks and balances at our club, like any good business.

General

I liked the bit which said Slav was staying at Fulham and wanted to build this project of his long term and believed he could. He clearly just think Kline gets in the way and does more harm then good.

Chutney

Quote from: General on August 24, 2016, 02:38:14 PM
I liked the bit which said Slav was staying at Fulham and wanted to build this project of his long term and believed he could. He clearly just think Kline gets in the way and does more harm then good.

As soon as Jokanovic made this clear Kline should of been completely removed from the situation and a statement made to demonstrate support in our manager, an experienced manager saying he wants a player and the player wanting to join should be all that matters as long as finances are in place.
C O Y W

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cookieg on August 24, 2016, 07:21:24 AM
Quote from: Holders on August 24, 2016, 04:28:32 AM
It sounds to me as if the Pereira  (sp?) bloke from Man U was the one that really upset SJ.

Maybe Mourinho wanted him starting every game and the club said no. There may have been some conditions to the loan that "those upstairs" didn't think suited what we are doing - who knows. I'd imagine SJ being upset by it all as Mourinho is a mate who asked for some help.

I can understand why SJ would be upset, having worked out something with Mourinho for a "promising" player but, I'm wondering - just how many players has Mourinho ever sent us that really worked out all that well. I can't think of any that have been more than just squad fodder.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Chutney on August 24, 2016, 02:19:35 PM
Quote from: dhowells21 on August 24, 2016, 02:12:01 PM
It's getting a bit OTT with all these players we've "missed" out on. Like would be have actually signed all 4/5 of these? Or just every rumour that has happened over the last few weeks now being blamed on this?

I know that no-one knows, but I'm starting to add a pinch of salt to this a bit..

Until the club come out with clarification, which is in my opinion completely needed, we will always be guessing as to what goes on behind the scenes.

The manager came out and accused Kline of stopping him from getting players he wanted and the club just sat around as if nothing had happened, I expected at least a statement from them. A few pr emails from jim woodcock doesn't cut it.

If we truly have missed out on players like Mascarell and Abdi we are sabotaging our own progress, they are top players. If we haven't all the club need to say is that Jokanovic has the final say on transfers and we'll all be happy again.

There's a lot of misplaced faith in that statement. The club would just be accused of lying about it.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude