more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

You may be experiencing a slow forum - Please read

Started by Friendsoffulham, August 27, 2016, 10:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Dear Members,

Of late, you may have been experiencing a very slow forum again, message errors, and possibly some features that may not be working correctly - We can only apologise.

Since the last major FOF outage (including our most recent one) we've been investigating the issue, and although the Forum software is completely up to date, it seems that we are still struggling for bandwidth.

Unfortunately, as the years that pass, the more popular Friends of Fulham becomes, and although we've made at least 3 upgrades with our current Hosting provider, the server we sit on simply can't handle our traffic.

At present, Friends of Fulham generates around 25,000 page views per day, which has been a lot more lately, due to our very bright start.

Because of this, we are going to bite the bullet and look at moving Friends of Fulham to its own dedicated server, virtual private server, or some type of cloud based solution, that will give us the the reliability and guaranteed speeds.

We are going to monitor how the forum operates during the Blackburn game, and then make our decision(s). 

This won't be a cheap exercise, but if you'd like to contribute towards this, or make a donation, then you can do so via our PayPal Button at the top of the forum.

Friends of Fulham

Thamesbank

Hiya,

Sorry to hear the bandwidth problems are still going on.

However as I mentioned back in March I'm more than happy to help with this.

Not wanting to  :drums: but I'm a VP of a London based Cloud services company and hear these sort of tales of woe all the time.

Drop me a line if you'd like to have a chat.

bw,

Thamesbank

Supermitch

Am sure you'll do what's best.  Not an insignificant amount of effort by the Mods and by the Administrators  / techies.

We salute you  :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

Donation made.

Friendsoffulham

YankeeJim

I don't believe that Hillary Clinton is still using her server. Perhaps you could have it on the cheap.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

SG

It might help donations if we knew what it needs to run this service each month

Friendsoffulham

There isn't an exact running cost, things like web hosting, domain renewals etc, are paid for at the time. Moving to a private server, or cloud-based solution isn't cheap, FOF will be swallowing the majority of this cost, but are just asking members if they want to make a contribution.

rweller86

Trying to donate but link not working for me!

Have you had a look into pay as you go options such as Amazon AWS? Only pay for the traffic you get etc? Not sure how viable it is or how much it would cost but they have a calculator etc on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@rweller

Friendsoffulham

Quote from: rweller86 on August 28, 2016, 10:36:18 AM
Trying to donate but link not working for me!

Have you had a look into pay as you go options such as Amazon AWS? Only pay for the traffic you get etc? Not sure how viable it is or how much it would cost but they have a calculator etc on their website.

Link has been repaired, but you can also use the Donate button at the top of the forum.

rweller86

Using Tapatalk, so can't see it :) might be the reason the link is not working either. Still not working

@rweller

antiguawhite

Donation made.
You guys do a great job!
Please keep Tapatalk access with any new upgrade.
COYW

BestOfBrede

Is there an account where we can write a cheque or transfer money?
I really don't like online transactions

Friendsoffulham

Thanks once again for those who have made a contribution

Friendsoffulham

Friendsoffulham

filham

Oh dear , an unforeseen fact of cyber life I suppose, as Fulham get better the FOF forum has to get worse, always thought it would be the other way round.

Anyway thanks to you boffins for responding to the situation.