watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

As it stands...

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 27, 2016, 07:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

We are 2nd in the league by 2 points, and behind 1st place Huddersfield by 2 points.

Newcastle doing the biz against Brighton. Seem to be finding their feet in the league and we were very good value to beat them on the off.

How competitive do you all think this season is going to be? Will there be almost no disparity between the skill level of the top 10-12 teams, or do you think come Christmas the top 6 sides are running away with it?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Not even Xmas, I'm sure MJG has proved that the top 6 normally stays the same well before then
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

hovewhite

Its been so long time but not losing for a whole month and 2nd in the league,wowwww !

NJFulham

fulham have not lost since 30th april at brentford

dannyboi-ffc

I think Villa will fall short but Newcastle and Norwich will be comfortably top 6. I think Huddersfield will run out of steam but in fairness they probably feel the same about us.

I can see it being 8 teams breaking away in two groups. 4 chasing top 2 and 4 chasing the 5th and 6th playoff places. And I think providing we get in 2 quality strikers we will be in the top 4
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

Quote from: NJFulham on August 27, 2016, 07:38:32 PM
fulham have not lost since 30th april at brentford
We lost one in pre season. Button got done from the half way line
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

f5shooter

We're only 7 points above relegation zone.  lol

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: f5shooter on August 27, 2016, 10:42:16 PM
Quote from: f5shooter on August 27, 2016, 10:42:16 PM

Oh hush now :)
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Wingnut

Quote from: maoconnor on August 27, 2016, 07:24:42 PM
Newcastle doing the biz against Brighton. Seem to be finding their feet in the league and we were very good value to beat them on the off.

And they are going to sign Daryl Murphy from Ipswich to add to their attacking options.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

dhowells21

Quote from: Wingnut on August 28, 2016, 12:26:21 AM
Quote from: maoconnor on August 27, 2016, 07:24:42 PM

And they are going to sign Daryl Murphy from Ipswich to add to their attacking options.

I'm not sure that will actually add anything, but I get your point

..FOF..

One game at a time for me........ for now.

Until we can build a fabulous cover in the striker dept .

......then, We Celebrate PREMATURELY :D

Twig

Quote from: ..FOF.. on August 28, 2016, 03:23:02 AM
One game at a time for me........ for now.

Until we can build a fabulous cover in the striker dept .

......then, We Celebrate PREMATURELY :D

i'm with you on that

Mince n Tatties

No need to worry, I predict Xmas time we'll be
at least 12 points clear.... :022:

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 28, 2016, 06:49:40 AM
No need to worry, I predict Xmas time we'll be
at least 12 points clear.... :022:
As long as we get a STRIKER!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

EN1 FFC

Early days yet,  but doing well, still have to prove ourselves against other inform teams, so not getting carried away just yet about finishing top 6. Long way too go yet.

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on August 27, 2016, 07:34:41 PM
Not even Xmas, I'm sure MJG has proved that the top 6 normally stays the same well before then
After 13 games you have a 60% chance of being in the top 6  come the end of the season (based on last 5 years)
I'll look at Xmas figures later today if I get the chance. But it will be higher.

Andy S

When we last got promoted under Tigana We won our first 11 games. Watford were on our tails and won their first 10. Eventually we went up and Watford finished mid table. Their run ended after a heavy defeat to Man Utd in the cup. What the reason was for their decline I cannot remember but injuries to key players and a small squad can make the difference. as can not having a decent striker. I think the first of September will tell us a lot.

filham

Early days but a very good start for us, we are not finding it easy to hit the back of the net and a twenty goal a season striker/target man would be so welcome.

However a better start than expected and the concrete fact is that we are only about 39 points away from safety.