watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looking like were not going to get

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 30, 2016, 12:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

We're not scoring many, but not conceding many -so IF we can keep this up we would presumably do all right.

I'm not saying that we  don't need more strikers, if only in case  of inevitable injuries, but maybe we could carry on and do well as we are, if we had to, with other players  scoring as well as designated  strikers.

At Fulham we know all about bringing in expensive strikers, and them not scoring - because they're often injured or not much good when wearing a Fulham shirt.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: toshes mate on August 30, 2016, 10:58:56 AM
Mmm, wh
Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2016, 10:54:01 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on August 30, 2016, 10:51:20 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 30, 2016, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: EastEndWhite on August 30, 2016, 10:28:05 AM
And our goal difference is only +3.  We need to be winning our games by bigger margins.
Thats ok after 5 games.
last season top two had +4
3rd,4th and 6th had +3 and 5th had +2

After 10 games
1st +6
2nd +10
3rd +9
4th +6
5th +6
6th +3

As a very rough guide on goal difference, if you want to be a top 6 side you half the number of games played and you want a goal difference better than that number.

It's a very rough guide, since any plus goal difference which reflects the number of won games by the odd goal and exceeds thirty (that is ninety points) will almost certainly guarantee the Championship.  There are any number of ways of measuring success but the oldest method is in the won games column and the not lost Draw column.   Winning thirty games and drawing ten of the sixteen others would be one hundred points and that would take us up by April.....  The goal difference is only really relevant when you are letting in plenty at your end and not scoring at the other.
Which is partly why I tried to answer the post which seemed concerned about GD.

Which means that your goal difference will be determined by how heavily you lost the games you lost, but will not alter your points totals.  That is about goal difference too - which is why I was suggesting goal difference can be meaningless. 
[Thanks for the information - for the time being I'll just be happy with the 3 points especially if it's 1 nil and scored in the 94 minute]

filham

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 30, 2016, 02:19:19 AM
we're actually doing OK so far without a 'striker'
Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on August 30, 2016, 02:19:19 AM
we're actually doing OK so far without a 'striker'
[/quote Yes we are doing OK but the goals are not coming in the manner they were when Ross and Dembele were here and it is going to get tougher as the season wears on.
Make no mistake we need a quality striker if we are to target a top six finish.