watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If all this striker hype ends in it being the free, 32 year old, Adebayor

Started by Wearethewhites, August 31, 2016, 11:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Then I personally, as an FFC fan, will be pretty angry and pee'd off.

After our great start to the window, surely this isn't the end product to our striker problems - surely?

Don't get me wrong, I know Clubs run into problems when targeting certain players, and you have to look for a backup option, but my argument would be, we've know about this since Ross and Moussa left, and we have left it this late - AGAIN.

Pretty sure Adebayor will do a job at 32, but he's past his best, and that calibre of player that's known to be lazy, and have attitude problems.

Long term, I think it will be a bad move for us, especially if we're looking to sustain consistency and someone to spearhead our attack for promotion.

Hope by the end of the evening I'm wrong. 

BigbadBillyMcKinley

In my honest opinion he'll do a job. He'll score goals and if he's loved will work hard. I'll put some money on him being top scorer if he signs.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Twig

hovewhite

If he signs and he's SJs pick then will trust his judgement,will wait and see!

The Rock

We could do worse. Wouldn't be surprised if we settled on him or a like player and signed no one else as Khan/the board pocketed the Ross money.

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on August 31, 2016, 11:49:57 AM
If he signs and he's SJs pick then will trust his judgement,will wait and see!

If he's SJ's pick.  But we will never know that will we?

bobbo

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 31, 2016, 11:21:40 AM
Then I personally, as an FFC fan, will be pretty angry and pee'd off.

After our great start to the window, surely this isn't the end product to our striker problems - surely?

Don't get me wrong, I know Clubs run into problems when targeting certain players, and you have to look for a backup option, but my argument would be, we've know about this since Ross and Moussa left, and we have left it this late - AGAIN.

Pretty sure Adebayor will do a job at 32, but he's past his best, and that calibre of player that's known to be lazy, and have attitude problems.

Long term, I think it will be a bad move for us, especially if we're looking to sustain consistency and someone to spearhead our attack for promotion.

Hope by the end of the evening I'm wrong. 

i for one certainly don't want him he's got a really bad attitude and way past his best and even his best wasn't much to shout about. He would end up being a disruptive force and undoing a lot to good. But it's a big shame we've yet again got to the last day and despite making some excellent signings we still didn't already get a proven goalscorer. I could be wrong with all here but at this moment in time it's my firm opinion.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Twig

Quote from: The Rock on August 31, 2016, 12:00:58 PM
We could do worse. Wouldn't be surprised if we settled on him or a like player and signed no one else as Khan/the board pocketed the Ross money.

That's the worry.  Our dealings, both in and out, this summer have been pretty decent but there are two key worries, we need a striker and there are areas where the squad coverage is too thin.  Until now we have easily broken even on our dealings and have significantly cut the wage bill.  The striker signing is the big test of our ambition and willingness to back the Manager.

Mince n Tatties

ToodlesMcToot

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

filham

Oh dear, it seems that if Adeybayor is signed he will not start as a fans favourite but of course unless he does better than Smith or Woodrow he will quickly find a place in the reserve line up. I am sure Jocanovic will always pick the player on form.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 31, 2016, 12:19:04 PM
At this point in his career, how does this guy check either box?

I don't think he does. When it comes to suppressing every other option, he's free, club-less, looking for one last pay cheque, ready to move, and a typical last minute option, if ever there was one.

For me, this type of signing (if true) smacks desperation, and looks like we've exhausted every other option.

Pretty disappointing really, especially when we've made a big hoo ha about these stats, and we've known both Moussa and Ross were out early.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 31, 2016, 12:35:20 PM

I don't think he does. When it comes to suppressing every other option, he's free, club-less, looking for one last pay cheque, ready to move, and a typical last minute option, if ever there was one.

For me, this type of signing (if true) smacks desperation, and looks like we've exhausted every other option.

Pretty disappointing really, especially when we've made a big hoo ha about these stats, and we've known both Moussa and Ross were out early.

To me, he seems a perfect way to disrupt any harmony existing within the squad. High wages and he'll have to play enough to justify the expenditure whether he's deserving or not. Rather have Smith up top and leave this one on the scrap heap.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Asotosyios

Adebayor - Gyan, our attaching duo for this season....not sure if I should laugh or cry!

Twig

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 31, 2016, 12:35:20 PM

So most of us are agreed that he doesn't tick the boxes;

Free - so what.  That should not be key consideration as our net spending is zero or negative,
Experienced - verging on too old for the fast physical, demanding nature of our division,
Prima Donna - that can't be a box that needs ticking,
Previously quite successful but poor recent record - does not tick the stats box.

The Rock

The thing that makes me ok with Adebayor, is that one would think if anyone can get him playing like we all know he can, SJ could get that kind of standard out of him. That's a real hope, if this happens.

Nero

the way I look at it Adebayor 32 and Free or McCormack 30 and 14m. Think I'd risk Adebayor at least he's played at the top level