watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official: We already have 4 Forwards

Started by ..FOF.., August 31, 2016, 01:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

..FOF..

So probably only looking for 1 more striker. Unlikely 2?

Team updated at http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/player-profiles

charliejones141

Except Ayite is a winger and Aluko has been playing a 10 role

fulhamben

said this the other day. the offal moves players around to fill up gaps. dempsey and ruiz used to go back and fourth from midfiled to forward depending on numbers. kavangh was still down as a midfielder this season aswell. read nothing into it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Ayite and ALuko have been shown as "Forward" since they signed, but they are not strikers, that is what is missing from our forward players.

Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

I'd count Aluko as a forward, Ross played in No 10..you wouldn't not call him a forward would you?

westcliff white

Agree MJG I would call ALuko a forward as I would Ayite but not strikers. They are wide forward players, and Aluko now seems to be playing in the ten role, so listing them as forwards works for me

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2016, 07:36:54 AM
Agree MJG I would call ALuko a forward as I would Ayite but not strikers. They are wide forward players, and Aluko now seems to be playing in the ten role, so listing them as forwards works for me
But then I would not count Ayite as a forward and would list him in Midfield.
Anyway we all get a bit too hung up on these things. Players should be adaptable and its good that they can play in a number of positions.

westcliff white

I agree with you we do get hung up, fro me Ayite is wide in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 thats why I say a forward for him. But in reality doesnt matter.

Still need a striker or two, RHodes rumours surfacing

H4usuallysitting

If they wanted, they could add Odoi and Carney to that list....still doesn't mean they're strikers

VicHalomsLovechild

With the quality and numbers of players that have come in. I'd say it looks as if the Club and it's owner are making a real effort to transform the team. We're only seeing the signings and have no real idea who we've approach but have been unsuccessful in getting.
I'd far rather we stick to the Chairman's plan of being a sustainable club than breach fp and seesaw like previous seasons.
Jok will have to work with what's available and nag the board come January. When was the last time we had a good start to a season and weren't knocked out of the cup by now?

westcliff white

in talsk to sign adebayour rather stick with what we have

filham

The hard facts are that we have made numerous signings but the main striker/target man role has been shared between only Smith and Woodrow who have done a job and are both real hard workers and good players but not quite up to what is needed to keep us in a top six position.
We need a new striker but of course strikers who are better than the two we already have are going to cost big money , especially when all likely selling clubs are aware of our needs.

Fulham1959

I only understand outside-right, inside-right, centre-forward, inside-left and outside-left.

jarv

Maybe Ross would like to come back now that the team is looking decent/  He is a striker isnt he?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: jarv on August 31, 2016, 01:15:08 PM
Maybe Ross would like to come back now that the team is looking decent/  He is a striker isnt he?

He scores goals but he is not a striker in the sense we need: someone to get on the end of crosses and through balls.

Asotosyios

Do you think we need another striker if we get Martin? I think Martin will be enough if we keep playing 4-2-3-1 with Smith and Woodrow as backups.