https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 31, 2016, 07:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 01, 2016, 06:49:35 AM
Over 1600 posts about it on DC Forum.
Majority cant believe they let Martin go, even their players.
One guy said typical Derby sell our Striker and make the club
That is going to shock everyone this season even stronger, Im off
to back Fulham for promotion one said.. 049:gif
Good to hear. Makes a change from the usual "Fulham have been mugged off" that we've heard in previous seasons.

Skatzoffc

Blimey Mince. You sound genuinely happy!
Lol

Shame we didn't get Cyriac too. Buy a good bit of business all the same.
I personally like the loan shape of it as it gives us room to manoeuvre, (and him), if it doesn't work out.

Well done FFC.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

cookieg

As he has played in black and white he shouldn't have any trouble finding his new team mates.

Snibbo

Interesting:

Ross McCormack - 38 goals in 88 league games for Fulham = .43 goals per game
Chris Martin - 52 goals in 121 games for Derby = .429 goals per game

Exact replacement for Ross in terms of goal scoring ability, but much better suited to our new style of play.

bencher

I wonder if the loan idea was ours or Derby's? It seems to work more to our advantage than theirs, so I would have to assume we proposed the structure. But I can't understand why they would have gone for it, unless Pearson really didn't want him in his squad, and we used that to our advantage.

grandad

I had every confidence that the Club would land a decent striker to add to the other dozen signings. Excellent window with the restraints of FFP.
We should have money in the bank to buy Martin in January or target someone else if he doesn´t work out.
Oh my, there is some egg on some peoples faces this morning.
SJ now has the players he wants so it is over to them to do the business. COYW.
Where there's a will there's a wife

gezkc

Very pleased with the club's dealings in this window. It really looks like we're moving forward at last.

Admittedly, I was thinking the same last summer, but with the start we've had so far, things genuinely seem to be improving. COYW!!

toshes mate

Quote from: cmg on August 31, 2016, 09:45:37 PM

£2.5m loan + option to buy in Jan.

Odd but should work OK

Good business and gives SJ options to play with up front.  May turn out to be a surprisingly good move for Fulham.

terryr

Thanks for the tip
"View from Derby" on the deal now posted
They are NOT a happy bunch

hovewhite

A great deal for the club,try before you buy.Well done Fulham and pissed off the derby fans as well good news all round,now for the title!

Legate21

Looking at the goals he scores, particularly the positions he takes up and runs he makes in the box when the ball is out wide, he looks like he could be a perfect fit for us.

F.luke

Top buy (loan) he,s old school but exactly what we want a forward that can hold the ball up and bring fast running midfielders in to play. Plus he can score too and a penalty taker.  He.s not the same as Matt smith even though he's a big guy.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Neil D on September 01, 2016, 06:25:04 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on September 01, 2016, 05:30:03 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 01, 2016, 05:12:49 AM
Thanks for the video link, Snibbo!  Appreciate it.
My pleasure
Thanks indeed.  Scores with either foot (mostly right), his head (one up on Ross), takes penalties and free-kicks.  Ross with knobs on.  Excellent.

Impressive. Someone who gets on the end of crosses in the six yard box. We have not had that for a while. Who was the last Fulham player to do that regularly?

Also although he hit set pieces with his right foot he seemed to score a good number of goals from distance in open play with his left foot.

AlexW132

My pleasure
Thanks indeed.  Scores with either foot (mostly right), his head (one up on Ross), takes penalties and free-kicks.  Ross with knobs on.  Excellent.

Couldn't really ask for a more complete striker.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 01, 2016, 10:34:22 AM
My pleasure

Couldn't really ask for a more complete striker.

Tell that to Howitis.
See his "We needed a goal poacher" post!

cmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InVQ6-NGzS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InVQ6-NGzS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InVQ6-NGzS8

Seems to provide much of what we have been lacking.

Small word of warning: The Youtube clip (for which much thanks) doesn't show the six penalties he has missed for Derby.

Lighthouse

As well as knowing where the goal is he brings in other players and makes goals for others. Could be ideal in the right set up that we seem to have. Woodrow struggles at times in that role while Smith is a pure target player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham1959

Nice poem, but it doesn't rhyme !

hopper

Quote from: Statto on September 01, 2016, 11:48:18 AM
I didn't want Martin but he's here now so i suppose we have to accept it.

Doesn't strike me as the type of character who'll give 100% when he knows he's off at the end of the season so I doubt we'll see the best of him, but may be pleasantly surprised.

Missing him against Derby will also be significant because those games are likely to be 6-pointers. It could even mean we're missing him for the play-off final. Seems like a cheap, hurried deal to me.

Best likely outcome IMO is Joka can get some good performances out of him between now and January, keep us in the play-off spots, and that persuades Khan to put his hand in his pocket and buy someone else for the second half of the season.

I'll probably change my view as soon as scores  049:gif

It's loan with view to buy though, so may go the other way where he likes the club and gives his all to earn a permanent move.

He looked pretty happy in the photos/video which is encouraging.

westcliff white

apparently the buy option is in January

loan fee is 2.5 million with a further fee of 6 million if we take the option that seems like khan ha sput his hand in his pocket too me. The only reason its not permanent is that everythign couldnt be done due to the internationals, now yes we could say why wasnt it done earlier in the window, but that was down to Derby and them wanting to get other targets in before selling it wold seem
Every day is a Fulham day