watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Probable team against Birmingham

Started by ..FOF.., September 01, 2016, 03:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Nothing to debate here, Odoi will be our first choice left back with Kalas at right back , leaving Sig and Madl in the centre,
And that's as good a back four as you will see in The Championship and better than some teams in the Premier League.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2016, 09:22:19 AM
Quote from: Whitesideup on September 01, 2016, 09:16:32 AM
Quote from: Snibbo on September 01, 2016, 04:31:41 AM
Quote from: bmasar on September 01, 2016, 04:08:50 AM
I'd like to see our new Viking in at CB
I think he'll be a definite starter, probably in place of the excellent Madl.
"In place of the excellent Madl"  ... why? Madl and Kalas have, as you say, been excellent. So why change?

We own sigurdsson and kalas is on loan, I'd much rather we play our own players.

Ridiculous. Play the players that will get a result, regardless of parent club. Say if playing Kalas ahead of Siggy gets us 2nd, but if you reversed the roles it would get us 7th, who do you play?

fulhamben

Quote from: Riversider on September 01, 2016, 02:19:54 PM
Nothing to debate here, Odoi will be our first choice left back with Kalas at right back , leaving Sig and Madl in the centre,
And that's as good a back four as you will see in The Championship and better than some teams in the Premier League.
plenty to debate here. slavisa hasnt used kalas out of position once, not once. so to suggest that one of our full backs, who have all been fantastic so far will be dropped for this experiment, is something i cant see happening anytime soon. our team relies on our full backs bombing on as much as they can. and as such that would put kalas bottom of the list. and just because one manager at a different team played him out of position, doesnt mean we will.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mokes

If we were to put out our best 11 players I think it would look something like this. It would give Odoi and Sess the ability to play to their strengths.

If we're under the pump and need to sure up the defence you could always bring one of Aluko or Kebano off and throw on Parker, Johanson, Tunni.

FinFFC

Quote from: Mokes on September 01, 2016, 06:57:34 PM
If we were to put out our best 11 players I think it would look something like this. It would give Odoi and Sess the ability to play to their strengths.

<iframe width="354" height="526" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://lineupbuilder.com/2014/custom/354x526.php?p=11&amp;a=1&amp;t=&amp;c=dc0000&amp;1=GK_Button__388_174&amp;2=DL_Kalas__329_102&amp;3=DC_Sigurdsson__328_173&amp;4=DR_Madl__327_243&amp;5=MR_Odoi__245_293&amp;6=DM_McDonald__253_176&amp;7=AC_Kebano__168_125&amp;8=DL_sessengon__252_60&amp;9=AC_Aluko__169_228&amp;10=FC_Cairney__107_199&amp;11=FC_Martin__72_164&amp;c2=ffffff&amp;c3=ffffff&amp;output=embed"></iframe>

If we're under the pump and need to sure up the defence you could always bring one of Aluko or Kebano off and throw on Parker, Johanson, Tunni.

I think that would leave us too wide open in the middle of the park. I'd rather put Cairney next to KMac, with bit more freedom to go forward and Kebano and Aluko widish, behind striker with strict orders to come to middle when we lose the ball. That way we could actually keep our own end untouched and still have some fluid movement up top, with Martin as target man, if we need to open our play with a longer ball.

fulhamben

id rather see this   http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=c6px6

FinFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2016, 07:14:19 PM

I'd think it could very well be just this. I'd like to see this too... Although, I kinda feel SJ doesn't fancy Cairney as another one of the midfield pivot. I think he sees there has to be more box-to-box like workhorse along KMac, who I think is bit like deep lying playmaker/holding midfielder?

fulhamben

Quote from: FinFFC on September 01, 2016, 07:20:54 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2016, 07:14:19 PM

I'd think it could very well be just this. I'd like to see this too... Although, I kinda feel SJ doesn't fancy Cairney as another one of the midfield pivot. I think he sees there has to be more box-to-box like workhorse along KMac, who I think is bit like deep lying playmaker/holding midfielder?
johansen or tunni then if its box to box. i can still see cairney doing it though.  really dont see the need for two dms and four defenders. think we are good enough to be more adventurous

Arthur

I can't envisage Jokanovic using Cairney as a defensive midfielder. It plays to neither Cairney's nor the team's strengths. If Slavisa employs a 4-2-3-1 system (as most of us seem to think he will), to my mind, TC has to be one of the '3'.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on September 01, 2016, 07:29:52 PM
I can't envisage Jokanovic using Cairney as a defensive midfielder. It plays to neither Cairney's nor the team's strengths. If Slavisa employs a 4-2-3-1 system (as most of us seem to think he will), to my mind, TC has to be one of the '3'.
who has said use him as a dm?

bobby01

With the new arrivals,possibilities of 3,5,1,1
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

FinFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2016, 07:33:48 PM

Exactly. 4-2-3-1 doesn't mean two DM's (it could - and at some games, should - of course). You can have one holding one and the other attacking minded.

But to fulhamben's second to last comment, I'd say the way to be adventurous could also come from our fullbacks bombing forward. Even more than they have, thus far during the season. But that would mean we'd need bit more defensive minded "2" in the middle, who are able to read the game well enough to cover them, when our build-up play breaks up abruptly. And at that role I cannot see Cairney.

Arthur

I looked at your line-up and Cairney's alongside McDonald in a defensive midfield position.

I can only go by what I see. If he's shown in a defensive slot, how am I supposed to know that you don't intend him to play there?

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on September 01, 2016, 07:44:18 PM

I looked at your line-up and Cairney's alongside McDonald in a defensive midfield position.

I can only go by what I see. If he's shown in a defensive slot, how am I supposed to know that you don't intend him to play there?
probably best you go to spec savers then. look again, positions are clearly marked on there. although it has been a long time since we have seen a proper central midfielder at fulham that i can forgive you. who was the last one, murphy in his younger years?

Arthur

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2016, 07:56:23 PM
probably best you go to spec savers then. look again, positions are clearly marked on there. although it has been a long time since we have seen a proper central midfielder at fulham that i can forgive you. who was the last one, murphy in his younger years?

Cairney and McDonald are marked with the same code. On the basis that no one would set out a team in this league without a midfield player who can 'mix it' with the opposition, I presumed that both would be responsible for doing so in your line-up.

Even if it wasn't what you meant, it was, nonetheless, a perfectly reasonable interpretation.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on September 01, 2016, 08:13:40 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2016, 07:56:23 PM

Cairney and McDonald are marked with the same code. On the basis that no one would set out a team in this league without a midfield player who can 'mix it' with the opposition, I presumed that both would be responsible for doing so in your line-up.

Even if it wasn't what you meant, it was, nonetheless, a perfectly reasonable interpretation.
yes both marked with MC.  there are quite a few teams without dedicated defensive midfielders. and yes i would expect mccdonald to be more defensively minded, and cairney to be more box to box. but the beauty of two center mids, is it allows either one to burst on and the other drop back. really dont see the need in this team to have two protecting a defensive row of four constantly. our players are young enough and clever enough to know when to go and stay. we are a team that should be taking it to the oppo, not sitting back wait ting for counters. in my opinion anyway

ffc73

I would start against Birmingham, injuries permitting, with: -

Button
Kalas - Madl - Sigurdson - Odoi
         McDonnald-Parker
Cairney-Aluko-Kebano
             Martin

Subs - Betts, Ream, Sess, Johansson, LVC, Piazon, Ayite

Missing out, Joronen, Malone, Tunni, Jozabed, Woodrow and Smith

My word.  That was hard.  Those missing out could start on another day. 

LVC, Ayite or Piazon for 2 of Aluko, Kebano or Martin depending on how the game goes.  Ream and Sess for emergencies or injuries in defence.

Parker starts because of the way he has started, is performing and captaining the side.  Johansson for Parker after 60 minutes.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC73 on September 01, 2016, 09:46:18 PM
I would start against Birmingham, injuries permitting, with: -

Button
Kalas - Madl - Sigurdson - Odoi
         McDonnald-Parker
Cairney-Aluko-Kebano
             Martin

Subs - Betts, Ream, Sess, Johansson, LVC, Piazon, Ayite

Missing out, Joronen, Malone, Tunni, Jozabed, Woodrow and Smith

My word.  That was hard.  Those missing out could start on another day. 

LVC, Ayite or Piazon for 2 of Aluko, Kebano or Martin depending on how the game goes.  Ream and Sess for emergencies or injuries in defence.

Parker starts because of the way he has started, is performing and captaining the side.  Johansson for Parker after 60 minutes.
4 changes to the back 4 is crazy man. crazzzzyyyyyyyy. could work, could fail epically. slavisa wont do that

ffc73

Agree it is a risk Ben after such a good defensive start to the season but that back 4 is, IMO, the strongest we have.  If is goes badly against Brum then there are still plenty of games to play to get it right or change it back

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC73 on September 01, 2016, 09:55:28 PM
Agree it is a risk Ben after such a good defensive start to the season but that back 4 is, IMO, the strongest we have.  If is goes badly against Brum then there are still plenty of games to play to get it right or change it back
and i really dont get the love in for slotting kalas at right back. yes he did it for boro. but hasnt once for us. could get it if you didnt fancy odoi, but you are doing it because you presumably dont fancy young sess or malone at left back. two players who have played extremely well for us. would be super harsh to drop both of those out of the equation. and would be detrimental to trying to tie down sess when the time is right imo. plus i havent seen odoi play at left back, and id be personally worried that he would do what most footballers do and thats show the attacker on to his stronger foot. which would be setting them up to cut inside more often rather than forcing them out to the corner flag. thats just natural instincts, in the same way an inverted winger will cut in 80% of the time. but like i said i havent seen him down the left so cant be sure he will do that. but if he does, you run a greater risk of attackers getting  through on goal or winning apenalty if he gets it wrong