watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Derby- CM departure

Started by terryr, September 01, 2016, 09:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

At first it was all about the Wolves bid.....

" If strikers like Kodjia and Wells are likely to cost nearer the £10 million mark, I'd want similar for Martin. "

"Martin has been very good over the years for us but I've heard from a number of people that Pearson doesn't fancy Martin and isn't very happy with the way that he applies himself. Martin is a 20 goal a season striker when he is played in the right system and the team is built to suit his style. In this current style he'd be lucky to score 10 goals imo. If we are persisting with this new formation then I think it may just be in the best interest of both parties to move on."

" The last 3 years League tables and playoff failures disguise the truth of how far short we are. Yes, we've played pretty football at times, demolished the odd team that came to naively slug it out with us, but we've come to believe in the myth of the pretty " Derby Way" - A  4-3-3 style of Barcelona or Ajax-esque football where the opposition just sit back and admire our silky skills, whilst we dance prettily around them with our Premiership style football.
Just an off day from Martin, or Thorne's inevitable long term injuries scuppered this footballing nirvana and we never had a plan B. Formations are lovely but players win games, not formations and sadly most of our playing staff, no matter how much we eulogise about them are indeed "1 in 3 players". It's been a blast, but we aint getting promoted with it."

" That's probably Martin's value in a normal market but in this crazy market, I'd like at least 12 million. Maybe more if Kodjia is valued around the same. Wolves have a lot of money to splash around so you can add a few more million onto the 12 million that I'd like."

" Ross McCormack went for £12m and he's a similar level, and two years older than Martin.
I'm not surprised Wolves want him - he always plays well against Wolves so they see the best of him.
£15m and close the door on your way out thanks"

" 10m+ for us to even think about selling in my opinion.
But I wouldn't be against selling, should we get a better replacement in first. "

"Based on some of the figures I have seen Sheffield Wednesday fans are putting on FF I would say Martin is worth around the £35,000,000 mark."

" Fair play to Wolves for chancing their arm. If the shoe was on the other foot and a 20 goal/season championship striker was seemingly being frozen out at another club I'd want us to try and lowball them."

"Let's try to get them up to around 10m, bite their hand off, and work towards playing more dynamically without him. He is desperately unfit and I can't see Pearson putting up with too many performances like Grimsby."

" ill be miffed if we sell. Martin's in his prime. Bent hasn't exactly been prolific since his loan (though must admit a lack of starts hasn't helped). "
I'd take £8.5m for Martin now
He doesn't look fit or interested. It's as though he has spit out his dummy because we aren't playing how he wants us to.
Pearson has made his mind up he is not his type of player and so it's time to move on. He is only keeping him around the first team to keep his value up. £10m is too much to hope for even in the current inflated market but £8-£8.5m will probably see him on his way."

" I think a lot think Martin is a lot better than he is. I've loved his contribution to our club in the last 3 years, and I'm sad to see his chapter at DCFC coming to an end.
However, he's not scoring regularly for us, and he's not playing as much of a role in the build up as he used to, as we have a new manager. £2.5m loan fee is good for us, if Fulham decide to buy then you can bet that won't be the majority of the fee either. Chris Martin will never be worth as much money in his career as he is now.
Consistently it's been said on here that we need a plan B. But Martin appears capable of playing in only one style, and if a team can stop that, they stop us and we (and Martin) can't adopt another strategy with him in the XI. He's not been prolific for Scotland playing in a different style either.
If we get anywhere near the £10m quoted by the time he leaves Derby County, in my opinion it's excellent business. "

" Martin has had his day at Derby and needs to move on. Yes he's scored 20+ goals a season but IMO we can get better and need to be looking at better to get out of this league.
We keep mentioning about breaking the system up and not having the right players to fit a new system, the old system hasn't exactly got us promoted has it and needs to be changed.
Pearson won't put up with a lazy attitude which is what Martin has had and Tuesday just took the micky."

" The last 3 years League tables and playoff failures disguise the truth of how far short we are. Yes, we've played pretty football at times, demolished the odd team that came to naively slug it out with us, but we've come to believe in the myth of the pretty " Derby Way" - A  4-3-3 style of Barcelona or Ajax-esque football where the opposition just sit back and admire our silky skills, whilst we dance prettily around them with our Premiership style football.
Just an off day from Martin, or Thorne's inevitable long term injuries scuppered this footballing nirvana and we never had a plan B. Formations are lovely but players win games, not formations and sadly most of our playing staff, no matter how much we eulogise about them are indeed "1 in 3 players". It's been a blast, but we aint getting promoted with it."

Now Fulham is in the picture........

" Just said on 5live that Anya is at training ground and Martin to Fulham on loan.

" bbc  JUST SAID THEY UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL BE A LOAN  "

" Stupid sending our best striker out on loan to a promotion rival. "

"Bit optimistic mate. 'Promotion Rival' suggests we're in the race for promotion."

" I'm not sure we'll be rivaling anyone at that end of the table."

" Because of stupid decisions like this? "

" We would look plonkers if Martin bangs the goals in for Fulham and we struggle for goals.
I suppose We have 2.5 million to count to distract us from such a situation.
This move is up there with the Shackells and Steve Davies leaving and Clement being sacked all of a sudden, there has to be more to it.  Maybe Martin has expressed a desire to leave, maybe Clement leaving had an affect on him in some way?"

"  Fulham building a decent squad though martins still not back at Scotland hotel or anya."

" Confirmed to Fulham. £3m loan fee and £6m more to make it permanent. "

" My opinion is that the move is probably best for all concerned. Martin seems to be a shadow of his former self and looking foward to the new look rams"

" Worst transfer deal since Huddlestone. Awful by the club."

" why the **** didnt we accept the cash offered by wolves rather than loan him out???"

" Deal close to finishing season long loan with view to permanent transfer daft decision just leaves bent Blackman and vydra"

" **** me if we're not signing anyone to replace Martin, and it doesn't look like we are, the whoevers in charge of transfers wants shooting, absolute dreadful business"

" How does this deal benefit us at all? If he does great then a promotion rival is strengthened and we are weakened, if he does poorly Fulham won't sign him and we play half the season without him. "

" Fulham get promoted, say no to the "option" we will be stook with him and we will be here this time next year."

"Watch him score 10 goals now before Christmas "

" absolute joke, never been so angry with a transfer."

" The loan fee will be £2.5mil and he's still our player. If anyone wants him permanently, Fulham included, they'll have to pay, most likely around £7mil. Either way if Martin goes permanently, we get our asking price. Sell to Wolves permanently and we get considerably less than we wanted."

" Martin has scored 60 odd goals in 3 seasons for us, Wilson has scored around 10 career goals, how is Wilson considered a replacement for Martin?
So angry with this."

" We are sending our best striker on loan which is amazing deal for Fulham, because if he does well then we have strengthened a promotion rival and weakened ourselves, if he does poor then Fulham won't sign him and we have spent half the season without him. "

" Everyone forgetting Martin will only have 1 year left on his contract after this Loan. So the Fee if we sell will be a reduced one. It wont be £7m-9m depending on Form. It will be more like £4m....This is setting up the eventual sale to be almost a free"

" I cant get my head around this one. If Martin doesn't stay at Fulham for longer than 6 months, then i cant see him wanting to come back and play for Derby again. Surely thats going to effect his price!
So why didn't we sell?"

" Why not then have accepted the $6.5m that Wolves offered ?!? Surely better to bring closure to the whole affair now. Wouldn't that have made more sense ? If he doesn't fit in with how NP wants us to play now then he won't in a year, if we end up taking him back from Fulham...."

"
P*ssed off. What an awful window.
Time for you to justify this ridiculous decision now, Pearson. "

" Top striker gone and not really replaced for me. Seems a bit of a shambles "

" Beyond pissed off at this, absolutely dire window- seasons a write off already "

"Idiots, the people running our club are idiots!!
The one and only time Nixon gets anything right, it's the fact there will be a meltdown in the East Midlands.
Idiots!"

" Who is going to score the goals?"

" When was the last time Martin had a game for us where you could say .. If not for him ..ect ..
Good luck Chris at minor league fulham but we need more here .. "

"Inconsistent Hendrick will be missed more than consistent 20 goal Martin? That's a first.
Fulham have done really well this window and are certainly not minor league.
Either way Pearson has more of a squad he can call his now, let's see what he can do with it."

"Jeez at this rate we'll just have the under 21's and Bent."

" Sickening feeling we did this because we're covering our losses from last years horrific transfers.

"Season Long loan! FFS it gets worse! I listened to people trying to find a shred of logic to a 3 month loan, but a season long loan for a player who has just 2 years on his contract is just complete psychotic madness at any time , but on transfer deadline day its like we are being managed by a suicide bomber with some kind of death wish.
I would like to see pearson take his head out of his @rse and begin to justify to the fans this move.
This beats Huddlestone , rasiak the lot the worst transfer deadline day ever. "

" wow, suicide watch tonite, End of the day Martin has been great for us until recently, Just dosent look bothered. Only thing pissing me off is why we have opted for a loan when money was on the table a week ago that could have been used for a replacement. Like someone posted earlier this can only go two ways which are both bad for us. He could bang in **** load of goals for fulham instead of us. Or have an absolute shocker and then we will struggle to get a mill for him."

"season long loan doesn't make sense to me, the xmas loan deal made way more sense, my feeling right now is that fulham have got one helluva deal, think I need to sleep on this and see how I feel in the morning but certainly feel like this was some bad business for us."

"  would agree with this if it was a permanent deal.

£3m loan deal for someone who apparently has no place in NP plans against a possible min £6.5m permanent deal last week????????
It looks like we have tried to bluff and failed on this one."

" The club need to explain this mess. It's one of the worst decisions this club has made in my lifetime.
Absolutely appalling."

" Joke, absolute joke, of a decision.
Don't know what to say about this really, except I think it's an awful, awful decision.
What do you do when you can't buy a goal? Ship off the best goalscorer Derby have had in god-knows-how-many years."

"Soooooo what happened in the end then? Went out and got drunk...
We gave away our top scorer for nothing to one of our rivals right? And didn't sign anyone to replace him right?
Yay!
So let's all show some more enthusiasm for the mecenary we have manager rather than the mecenaries we have playing all right! Yay!"

"Right.... which **** let our best goalscorer go on loan without a replacement? Shambles.... got a season of the pathetic bent and blackman to look forward to."

"  Martin is not a big target man. He is a very skilful player. As well as his goals, he holds the ball up, lays the ball off for the pacier players in the team to run onto. He was also The only striker who was any good when it came to helping out defending set pieces. He is a big big loss and we imploded in2014/15 when he was out injured.
so martin is past his best at 27? He's never been someone who relied on pace so how can be past it? We've just spent £4 million on a 28 year old who does rely on pace. So whichever way you slice it this move is total insanity.  "

"Some people need to get a grip.
He's a footballer, he's moved, get over it. He's not the first and he won't be the last.
We're changing the way we play and we are shaking up a team that has been unsuccessful for 3 years.
How long do we keep trying this system and style?.
As much as I liked Martin, I trust NP."

" Ok every one, let's calm down.
What is done is done.
Chris Martin has been superb for us, but lets face it we have a new manager with new ideas and he doesn't fit that mould.
He hasn't been on the score sheet at all this campaign including pre-season.
But to be honest nor has anyone.
But Pearson is the man in charge and he obviously doesn't see where a man like Martin is going to fit the style of play he wants to adopt.
Players come and go, they get old and go. Stop living in the past and let's look forward with some hope that it all turns out ok."

" A loan is good. It means there's still a chance he may return. A please Chrissy, play crap, come back to us in the prem, then through an unlikely series of injuries get your chance with us again, play a blinder and score 20 goals.
This is just a trial separation. I still love you. "

" Welcome to the CM fan club. Well, although  there's probably been around 150 comments with the same above sentiments, there are probably another 20,000 out there that are not forum members, that are totally sick of:

the going to ground at the slightest of touches, (Now recognised by all referees as nothing to do with a foul but part of the armoury that did achieve 20 goals per season) this breaks up play and slows down the tempo
the constant petulant behaviour instead of getting on with it
the inconsistent flicks without following where the players are going (watch Hughes for a comparison and how to get it right)
The lost ability to cope with being marked by one or two defenders physically (ever present when goal scoring frequently)
the inconsistent running, or lack of it
the inconsistent positional play - highlighted in previous threads going back but subject to a barrage of abuse by the CM fan club
the obvious irritation of all and sundry shown by obvious body language which affected all around
At time it is obvious that managers have tried to recover the lost spark that so made CM a genius when on form (being made captain) but I'm afraid a good team cannot afford to carry a player that has more of the listed bad attributes per match that the genius ones. I think teams rumbled CM a while ago, hence his apparent frustrations and this has been identified as uncorrectable by NP, hence time to go.
Thanks for some great memories Chris but sell by date approached and hopefully it will work for you in other surroundings. "

" " I miss him already.
Thanks, Chris. You've been awesome.
Up the Rams." "

Keynsham

Not happy bunnies at all, really. 

Good.

AlexW132

All their moaning can only be good news for us

jarv

wow, lets hope we have a good player on our hands......for now.

he does well...sign permanently
not so well....send him back

we get promotion...thank him, send him back and sign a premier striker with all the new money in.

F(f)CUK

Loved the put down in response to "minor league Fulham"

bog

I think that they may have got the 'ump....

092.gif

Jamie88

It does seem crazy that they would let him come to us for the season, can't help but think there's more to it. Did him and Pearson have an almighty bust-up or something?

Skatzoffc

Great forum at Derby, a laugh a minute.

Interesting points regarding his price, if he doesn't gel with us and goes back to them with only a season on his contract.

Looks like an even more astute piece of business from us.
We may get him for a lot less if he gets on well and we want him permanently.

Well done FFC!
049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I don't know what they're all moaning about, they still have Darren Bent
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

General

Apparently he's not allowed to play for us against them. And we have the option to buy in January? So that could prove problematic?

The Equalizer

A shame they're miffed... *remembers 1983*
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Jamie88

Quote from: General on September 01, 2016, 01:50:58 PM
Apparently he's not allowed to play for us against them. And we have the option to buy in January? So that could prove problematic?

Problematic? It just means we can't play him against them whilst he's on loan to us. Once (if) we buy him we can play him against them.

YankeeJim

Interesting to find out that Derby has its fair share of moaners. I thought we ha cornered that market.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

AlexW132

Quote from: YankeeJim on September 01, 2016, 05:05:20 PM
Interesting to find out that Derby has its fair share of moaners. I thought we ha cornered that market.

Yep they're always complaining, whenever they have a bad window or another failed playoffs.

mrmicawbers

must have something 170 pages on their forum proves it.Very happy with his signature.