watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Every Manager signs a duff player sometime

Started by Andy S, September 01, 2016, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I know it is a bit early to ask the question but has Joka signed a bad player yet? Even Roy's last player was Paul Konchesky and although not the worst player to pull on a Fulham shirt was prone to the odd gaff through lack of concentration

Zendra

Johnny Byrne and Frank Large . If Slav signed them they were terrible . Should have got the available Willie Irvine from Burnley.

Rhys Lightning 63

Slav has only really had one transfer window, so we can't judge him on anything yet
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

fulhamben

easy, parker was a free agent when slavisa signed him on a year long contract. done ok so far, expecting him to be phased out in the next few games. so boom there it is. everyone else will be world beaters ;)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Carborundum

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2016, 10:03:31 PM
Damian Duff was not a duff player. ⚽️
Certainly wasn't and funnily enough I was thinking about him yesterday evening when Sky reported that Chelsea had paid £23m for Marcos Alonso.  Not many years ago Damian Duff had him on toast repeatedly in one of the most wretched full back displays in many a year.  £23m. For him.  Surely at least one of their 38 players out on loan could do a better job? 

When it comes to making strange moves in the transfer market, we aren't doing too badly.  How much of that is SJ's doing is a whole other thread.....

Barrett487

What worries me about threads like this is that players may read them.... there's no reason why they couldn't. And if they don't then someone who knows them may read it and mention it.

I recall that someone has likened a recent signing to Ruiz, for lack of tenacity, and another poster responded that we were fashioning another scapegoat.

This needs to stop now imo.

aussierod

Not to put a damper on it but I thought Joka made it clear that he wasn't involved in any signings?

Seems this new 2 box checked approach, whilst slower and possibly more frustrating as we don't sign some players particular personalities may like, has proved successful.

Hopefully this new system continues to be refined and implemented prevents any future managers from signing duff players too
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

Holders

Quote from: Barrett487 on September 01, 2016, 10:30:07 PM
What worries me about threads like this is that players may read them.... there's no reason why they couldn't. And if they don't then someone who knows them may read it and mention it.

I recall that someone has likened a recent signing to Ruiz, for lack of tenacity, and another poster responded that we were fashioning another scapegoat.

This needs to stop now imo.

I asked if Kline were the new Ruiz as there always has to be a scapegoat. That was tongue in cheek, I liked Ruiz.

On Damian Duff, I was in Ireland the day after the Newcastle game and gave a lift to a hitchhiker. He said "that's an English accent there, I hope you're a Newcastle supporter"(he was) "err - no, Fulham actually" "You played well last night" We then spent the next few miles talking about Damian Duff. Irish and ex-Newcastle as well as Fulham.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria