more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lionel Richtea and the world of biscuits

Started by TheDaddy, August 18, 2010, 10:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

Hi,lionel Richtea here !

Ive been asked by a number of friends that whilst on tour i should give you a run down on the wounderful world of biscuits.At the moment im in England the home of my favorite tipple tea and some amazing biscuits my first choice today is the Hobnob.

In my veiw the commando of all biscuits loves a good dunking and will still wants more  :028:  Doesnt crumble under pressurs.

Heres afew Q/A enjoy,

Dear Lionel
Tomorrow I have four gentlemen from the plumbing, heating and electrical professions arriving to replace my boiler, radiators and pipework. I already plan to leave out supplies of robustly flavoured teabags, coffee and white sugar but what is an appropriate biscuit to leave out for them? I do not wish to appear extravagant and therefore an easy touch, but I also do not want to appear cheap. Pink wafers, I'm sure we all agree, would be highly inappropriate but what would be the right thing? Your archives suggest the plain HobNob is a good choice for builders. Does this also apply to plumbing and heating engineers?

When they visited last week to assess the job, they sounded distinctly like Yorkshiremen which adds another angle to the question as I'm in London so I guess they're down here on contract or something.

Best Wishes to you and the YMOS

Nick Q
Lional replies: Nick,

Good to hear from you again. Important to get your boiler sorted quickly and efficiently so I think you are right to go with the HobNob. It strikes that happy middle ground very well, but possibly a Fruit Shortcake would perform much the same. If the job looks like taking a day or two and you develop a convivial rapport then may be you could finish up with a few Penguins on the side as 'bonus'.

Of course if you are out at work whilst the tradesmen are at work then your choice of biscuit will be even more important as it is essentially part of the dialogue between you and them. A quick glance around your home will in their minds already pre-dispose you to leaving out a certain type of biscuit and you don't want to come in below or above that mark for the reasons you have outlined.

I'm sure it will be fine.

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Chopper

Brilliant picture - is this going to become a regular feature?
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

TheDaddy

Quote from: Chopper on August 19, 2010, 10:39:52 PM
Brilliant picture - is this going to become a regular feature?
Chopper i did this in a moment that i call my funny half hour.Apart from a little adjustment the stories are off a web site all about bloody biscuits i just thought it was funny.Seems its just me so i might tuck this to bed.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

FatFreddysCat

I like it as well the Daddy, but i saw it on my sausage thread.

Andy Crysell

I know, Fred.  But didn't The Simpsons start life as a filler on the Tracy Ulman show?

I think this is a fine debut for Lionel.  Let's hope he isn't scraping the bottom of the biscuit barrel anytime soon.

Cheers Li.  You're once, twice, three times a Garibaldi.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 20, 2010, 08:52:58 PM
I like it as well the Daddy, but i saw it on my sausage thread.